ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 11:22 PM   #76
rgon
explore cordilleras

Oddometer: 138
Thumb

May I introduce myself, Ramon from Philippines. I've got my drz400 plated and street legal. Experienced riding in varying types of terrain. I am interested to join this ride but got no experience on GPS navigation.

Let me qoute and answer rob23's reqmts:
2008 TNJT/NJ1000 Requirements:
  • Experienced street and off-road riders. Must have experience ridding in deep sand and through other natural obstacles - yes, done lots of technical trails in my homeland
  • Experienced GPS Navigators only. Each rider must have his/her own GPS - i am not and does not own GPS (will try to acquire once fund is avbl, paging good samaritan i need gps )
  • Bikes must be 100% street legal, have aggressive DOT knobby tires and a fuel range of no less than 80 miles - yes
  • Must be willing to participate the entire three days where the goal is to complete the intended route - willing
  • This is a self guided tour. There will not be any group leaders. Starting at 7AM riders will leave in groups of two at a time every five minutes and sweep riders will leave the start by 9AM -now here is my problem. ..can someone make me as a dependent (as a third rider in a group) for this ride, i mean for the navigation only, i'll be riding behind and from time to time the rider ahead is willing to check my presence thru rear view mirror? and will this be, riding without a GPS, acceptable to the host, rob23?
  • This is not a race - noted
  • All traffic and forest rules will be in effect and must be obeyed - will abide
thank you for your feedback

Old 04-05-2008, 07:38 AM   #77
Sandflea
One Lump or Two?

Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofast4uu
I'd love to try and run a 24 ride of the TransNJ trail...Have every rider throw $20 into a pot, and the first one to arrive a the lighthouse takes the pot...maybe $100pp...that would make it worthwhile
In 24 hours?? Don't make me laugh. Your talking 1000 miles. I want to see you do a road ride on the highway for 1000 miles in 24 hours first before you think it's so doable. You guys were totally knackered on the third day, can you imagine doing that continuously without sleep? Paris to Dakar riders don't do 1000 miles in 24 hours, and they are WFO.
I would be up for an endurance ride to do the whole thing non-stop, but would rather skip all the road stuff north of Rt195 and start off at Midnight on a Friday at the WaWa on 537, that's doable in 24 hours and you have Sunday to rehydrate. Starting off at night will be the equalizer!
00' SV650n
02' KLR650
98' XR400 Aloop kit plated
86' XT350 Flat Track

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. Amen. -Monk, name unknown
Sandflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #78
oggi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
is there anywhere to park near wawa, to leave overnight, like a Target or some other big place
oggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #79
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Oddometer: 1,811
NO, NO NIGHT RIDE!!!

You guys are always trying to make this into a race, tourture test or some other bullshit and now a night ride?

WTF, go start your own event somewhere else and stop hijacking my thread!

Besides, WMA and some parks close after dark

It's fine and challenging enough the way it is!

With a 1000 miles to ride and the longest periods of daylight for the year 6/20-6/22 you'll have plenty of time to make it as far south as you can during the day.

Please stop trying to cannonball run my event! your like a bunch of chimps!

Please no more suggestions. Create your own route and host your own ride in your own damn thread!
rob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:22 AM   #80
dave-g
n00b

Oddometer: 5
I sent you an e-mail- let me know if there is room for one or two more.
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:48 AM   #81
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Closure of NJ parks and forest will deny access obtaining the special use permits for Enduros (Scrub Pine) and two Dual-Sport (PB500, SJER Dual Sport) events on the ECEA calendar in 2008 alone and possibly more if the parks are closed for longer or if the closures affect more parks.

This will also affect our ability to ride in these areas and enjoy routes like the TNJT.

Please contact your local reps.

NJORV: http://ga3.org/campaign/park_closings (easy takes two seconds!)

DEP Commissioner: commissioner@dep.state.nj.us

Governor
JON S. CORZINE, Democrat
P.O. Box 001, State House, Trenton 08625-0001
609-292-6000 Fax 609-292-3454
www.state.nj.us

Lisa P. Jackson, Commissioner of Dept. Environmental Protection
www.state.nj.us/dep/
401 East State St.
P.O. Box 402,
Trenton 08625-0402
609-292-2885

Senator (Chairman Budget Committee)
Barbara Buono, (D)
senbuono@njleg.org
Two Lincoln Highway, Suite 401, Edison 08820
732-205-1372 Fax 732-205-1375
Public Information 609-984-1795

Senator (Vice Chairman Budget Committee)
Paul Sarlo, (D)
sensarlo@njleg.org
207 Hackensack St., 2nd Floor, Wood Ridge 07075
201-804-8118 Fax 201-804-8644

Old 05-02-2008, 03:09 AM   #82
dave-g
n00b

Oddometer: 5
sleeping

Rob- Where do do you sleep? Do you camp or hit hotels? I'm just looking for some thoughts- Camping is cool but after a long day even a crappy hotel is a dream, compared to setting up a tent.

Also if you have run it before, what is a good goal for 1st and 2nd day so I can look in those areas for sleeping accommodation's.

thanks for you input
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:16 AM   #83
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-g
Rob- Where do do you sleep? Do you camp or hit hotels? I'm just looking for some thoughts- Camping is cool but after a long day even a crappy hotel is a dream, compared to setting up a tent.

Also if you have run it before, what is a good goal for 1st and 2nd day so I can look in those areas for sleeping accommodation's.

thanks for you input
I camp in a tent or stay with friends. I'd rather camp then stay at the roach motel. Most of these camping areas of shelters, cabins, yurts or lean-tos.

Here's what I suggest

> Overnight at Highpoint to start early
> Bull's Island (on the delaware, very nice) or Washington's Crossing (group campsite is about 12 bucks). Even if you ride alone book a group site.
> Bass River (nice cabins and shelters/small cabin), Bodine Field (primative but nice and on the river) or Wadding Pines (private campground with cabins)

Here's a list of all the state run campsites:
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandf...aps/index.html

Private campgrounds:
http://www.newjerseycampgrounds.com/Default.php

As far as motels go, there's plenty of them just use your find button on your GPS to find one when you want to crash out.

Day1: Shoot for Route 1 in Lawrenceville for cheap hotels or something trendy in New Hope, PA, Lambertville, NJ or Frenchtown
Day2: Try to find a hotel in Tuckerton(?) or New Gretna

--Hope that helps..
Old 05-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #84
rdwalker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob23
> Bull's Island (on the delaware, very nice) or Washington's Crossing (group campsite is about 12 bucks). Even if you ride alone book a group site....
Hi, Rob - I hope you do not mind a slight tangential hijack. I am thinking about using sections of your ride to reintroduce myself to camping after some thirty years of not doing it. (Pls no snide comments...).

Why are you suggesting the group campsite @ Washington's Crossing instead of individual sites?

Tnx, Robert.
rdwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #85
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwalker
Hi, Rob - I hope you do not mind a slight tangential hijack. I am thinking about using sections of your ride to reintroduce myself to camping after some thirty years of not doing it. (Pls no snide comments...).

Why are you suggesting the group campsite @ Washington's Crossing instead of individual sites?

Tnx, Robert.
No problem, in this year's route I actullay have every state run campsite waypointed.

I'm using Washington's Crossing because it's a good point to stop at for the night, great ridding in that area, close to New Hope and bars, the only campground around that area, no one uses it an it only costs me $12 to book it for up to 20 people.

One of my favorite campgrounds along the route is Bondine Field in Wharton.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #86
dedsmurf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
whee hoo

I am soo looking forward to this ride!
i will be arriving thursday night.
i wonder is there a place to park my truck someplace?
Any recommendations? I thought i'd park someplace central.. dunno but not too risky for my poor explorer.

am i excited!
dedsmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:37 AM   #87
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedsmurf
I am soo looking forward to this ride!
i will be arriving thursday night.
i wonder is there a place to park my truck someplace?
Any recommendations? I thought i'd park someplace central.. dunno but not too risky for my poor explorer.

am i excited!
Read the pdf I sent you, there are some options in there. I suggest a state campground that's close to the start or half way from the start/finish like Cheesquake State Park which has camping. All the state campgrounds are listed in the latest gps file with phone numbers.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:58 AM   #88
dedsmurf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob23
Read the pdf I sent you, there are some options in there. I suggest a state campground that's close to the start or half way from the start/finish like Cheesquake State Park which has camping. All the state campgrounds are listed in the latest gps file with phone numbers.
thanks Rob. Where are you staying?
dedsmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:39 AM   #89
sallydog
no more Green KLR

Oddometer: 5,279
hey rob, waiting for the route and info pack
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #90
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallydog
hey rob, waiting for the route and info pack
check your PM and send me your email address again. If you email'd me I'm not putting sallydog, your real name and your email address together somehow.. sorry..

you can email me here woodsracer23 @ gmail .com