User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #1291
cavebiker OP
Old School Adventurer

Oddometer: 849
Thumb

Hey Sparky216 welcome to the asylum! Honored to get your first post man and thanks a ton for the good words. ADV rocks

Hey ADK, Heidi does ride but she continuously reminds that she wants a new motorcycle at home, not for where we ride together. She claims her DT125 at home is too tall,

no problem, I will keep her DT125. She is looking at a Yamaha TW200, she liked freeflow’s TW200 at the Central rally a few years back. Anything to get more pics of cavegirl on a bike.

www.JustAdventureTravel.net
cavebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #1292
Liberia
Fortunate

Oddometer: 561
Good for your father

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavebiker View Post
My father, without knowing, always taught me to respect people who are trying to make a living; truck drivers, sales people or whoever. These people are trying to feed their families, I’m just a guest here.
Putting other people first (here and abroad) is always appreciated. Your father did you a great service when he taught you to defer to those driving for a living.

Thank you both for such a wonderful ride report that I'm only now finding.

Join our 54 Tennessee State Parks Ride Collaborative! [My Ride Reports here.]
Liberia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #1293
YZman
Bouncing off Trees

Oddometer: 1,120
Finially dug my way thru your entire report Cavebiker. You two are living the dream. Putting bad thoughts in my head you are. There may be a trip to Mexico in my future!

But the big question is....... have you cought a fish yet
YZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:41 AM   #1294
Mud Farm
Cow Poke

Oddometer: 77
It took me a few weeks of lunch breaks to get through this ride report. Amazing and inspiring stuff! I've always loved to travel but hated touristy stuff. I've been searching for a way to adventure and you two showed me the path. I rode dirtbikes a lot as a kid but haven't ridden in five years or so. I'm now looking for my first adventure bike and signing up for some Spanish courses. What you two are doing is nothing short of amazing! Thanks for taking us all along! I hope one day to be able to share a report 1/4 as good!
Mud Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #1295
bike4ever
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Wicked Fabulous!

Tom and Heidi,

From your fan club in Minnesota, thanks for posting the great ride reports and pictures. An inspiration for everyone. Its great that you find adventure no matter where you are, Wisconsin or DR or ??? What's next?

The DR has obviously been good for you two. Cavegirl looks fabulous and you look pretty good too. What's your work out routine? If followers of this thread knew that you two aren't exactly kids anymore they would be even more inspired!

Cheers,

Dave

Take care and looking forward to your next post.
bike4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #1296
Bushav8r
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Hi Cavebiker,
Stumbled upon your ride report again. Heidi looks really good in a bikini on a bike. I can' read straight, or I would know if ur back home. Ice is starting to go for a shit up here. My ride is ready but looks like snow for the weekend....
Bushav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #1297
aDave
Lovin' Life!

Oddometer: 184
Really really nice!

Fantastic ride report covering several years...took me a couple of weeks to get caught up. Very inspirational to see both of you in love and enjoying life together! I really enjoyed seeing the evolution of your riding experiences and willingness to try the new.

Where are you now?
Have you guys ever suffered bad consequences from all of the street vendor food and beverages you rave about? What is your secret...?

Keep it coming.
I am a very appreciative...
Dave

Pacifism is a luxury of the defended.
aDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:04 PM   #1298
cavebiker OP
Old School Adventurer

Thumb

OK, thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive. I have had a hard time writing up a reply about our return to the states. This is a ride report and I like writing about our rides, not about our rides ending. But, like most of the long ride reports I read here on ADV I also enjoy reading about the people who do the reports and what their life is like. So here ya go, nothing too exciting but this is what we are going through. now-->

Landing back in the states felt strange. We looked intensely into each other’s eyes with emotion having a hard time swallowing what is happening to us. We are saying things to each other like, “Another chapter in our life, Done”, “We did it!”, “On to our next life”. It’s a light headed feeling without regrets, a feeling like we never felt before. Maybe we found the secret, maybe we discovered our path to continued happiness, it’s hard to say for sure what we found but we do know that we are going to continue to pursue it, wherever it takes us.

We arrived in Northern Wisconsin and found our cabin surrounded by snow. Everything was still frozen. It took me almost two days to get the well pumping water again and I had to shovel around our mailbox so we could receive mail. Not exactly the warm welcome we were hoping for but it still felt great to be home.

OK, I try to answer all questions on this thread but the question ‘What’s next?’ is impossible to answer. We rolled the bones and tried to read them but the future is still uncertain. We for sure will let you know.

What is our workout routine?’ A good question bike4ever. We have incorporated exercise and weightlifting into our daily routine, it’s our lifestyle now and seems to be working for us. Besides helping us fight aging and enabling us to continue to pursue sport activities, we also have an ulterior motive, working out hard is fun and enables us to continue to enjoy guilt-free cocktails and nachos when we get the urge. Cavegirl says “what do you mean we aren’t exactly kids anymore” I guess fifties are the new thirties to us!

'Where are you now?’ Hayward, Wisconsin, a paradise in the north woods.

Have you guys ever suffered bad consequences from all of the street vendor food and beverages you rave about?’ We don’t really remember ever getting sick from street food but we most definitely have gotten sick eating food from restaurants. Most recently on our ride to Punta Rucia we stopped at a roadside restaurant for breakfast.

Several ‘working girls’ were all hanging around behind the counter with a few of their patrons still hanging around from the night before drinking beer.

The food was so stall and hard we figure it must have been leftover from the night before. We did not get sick immediately but our stomachs lost their ability to digest properly and would bloat whenever we ate anything. Luckily, this has happened to us before (what am I saying!) so we knew what to do, enzyme restoration. After a stop at a pharmacy and two treatments a day for five days we were back to normal.

What is your secret...?’ We look for places where locals eat. A street vendor does not want to poison their neighbors. If they did, word would spread fast and they would be out of business in no time and out of an income.

But the big question is....... have you cought a fish yet?’ When I read this to Heidi she immediately said “That will be a big fat NO!”

Thanks again for all the comments and questions everyone, we really appreciate every one of them.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #1299
CamoGreg
Can you see me?

Oddometer: 4,117
Wow.

Thanks. I remember reading the anticipation and planning before hand.
Great RR. You two ROCK!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #1300
KLRUSERIOUS?
Farkle-whore

Oddometer: 2,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavebiker View Post
OK, thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive.
Silly rabbit...good threads never die
KLRUSERIOUS? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #1301
Hipster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,740
Tom & Heidi, welcome back! With the new snow over the last few days hopefully you'll get a chance to go XC-skiing
Hipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #1302
Timmer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,301
Cavebiker is going to be on www.sidestandup.com today 4/26/11. The show runs from 7pm to 9pm Eastern. If I learn the exact segment time, I'll post it.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #1303
Marco Moto
Voyager

Oddometer: 1,223
Started about 5 minutes ago...
Old 04-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #1304
jposttx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Thanks again

Is so enjoy reading hhe adventure and enthusiasm - what a gift!

Hope you guys skrimp and save in hurry so I can enjoy reading another real soon.

Be safe and hurry back!!
I have been elsewhere but nowhere else is Texas - I cannot save - Jesus is the Savior I cannot solve or even understand most problems - God solves all problems I can serve so I will - paraphrased rom Mark Driscoll
jposttx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:24 AM   #1305
cavebiker OP
Old School Adventurer

Thumb Motorcycle adventure job opportunity in the Dominican Republic motocaribe

Hey! MotoCaribe is looking for a Lead Rider for next season in the Dominican Republic!

Anyone who has followed this thread lately knows something about motorcycle riding in the Dominican Republic. So, if you wouldn’t mind an opportunity of a life time motorcycle adventuring to the most exotic Caribbean destinations in the world then check it out --> motocaribe.com started a thread about the job here <-- On our DR rides we stayed at one and two star accommodations, motocaribe is five star all the way and you are riding sweet Vstrom 650s.