Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2002, 01:39 PM   #46
Captain PHX
Western Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Johnjen, I haven't read all the posts, so sorry if I'm asking a question that's already been answered. Does the SSS work on an Adventure or is the Adventure tank more able to get at all the fuel?

05 R1200GS
96 Harley Dyna Low Rider
03 KTM 525 EXC
Captain PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 02:12 PM   #47
jocflier
Dammit, that hurt...

Oddometer: 2,448
Captain..

The Adv. tank has the cross over tube already installed..

Joc
Old 09-07-2002, 03:33 PM   #48
Captain PHX
Western Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally posted by jocflier
Captain..

The Adv. tank has the cross over tube already installed..

Joc
Thanks

05 R1200GS
96 Harley Dyna Low Rider
03 KTM 525 EXC
Captain PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 04:49 PM   #49
johnjen OP
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,587
S4 Initialization

The 'normal' initialization is to fill the hoses with fuel after filling the tank. You shouldn't have to fuss with it unless you run out of fuel or otherwise break the siphon.... So theoretically you should only have to purge the air from the hoses once...... However in practice I usually check mine every 4-5 tank full just because... JJ

Quote:
Originally posted by jocflier
John..

Just to let you know..Mine came in the mail today..Thank you..If i remember right; once you fill the tank up once and purge the S4; every refill of fuel after that, the line should prime it's self, if no air get's into the system..correct?

Thanks again

Joc :):

Install time...28:00 min.

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 04:57 PM   #50
johnjen OP
I've Been Resigned

Rocking the S4

Your welcome.... Us heads at worldwide headquarters are Suckers ourselves so we appreciate the feedback from all full fledged fellow Suckers out there in GS land.... JJ

Quote:
Originally posted by mleir
Got and put mune in Friday. Took it ut for a little 300+ mile test this morning (AeroStich and a burger). The S4 rocks. Thanks a ton JohnJen.

WingMakers.com
Old 09-07-2002, 07:08 PM   #51
johnjen OP
I've Been Resigned

Re: Re: S4 Initialization

You must be psychic!!!!!! JJ

Quote:
Originally posted by Razorbak
... my bike falls over quite frequently.

WingMakers.com
Old 09-08-2002, 02:42 AM   #52
Red Bull
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 799
300 miles on a stock GS tank... no sorry, even at higher altitude the math comes up short! Something else was going on here. I have an "S4" and like many comment here... use the extra 20+miles to keep me from freeking out whne I'm "normally" about to run out of gass. I hav elso experiaced the "negitive" effect... the S4 does indeed work, whne on the kickstand, the RIGHT lobe drains into the left! Lovely! Afer a short ride, things equalise, but it will piss you off to see two bars of fule go away! I hade to re-do a clear coat on my adenture tank... and with almost 8 gallons and a REAL equalizing tube, I'm muchhappier... particularly since I steal fule from my tank for my camp stove too! :mad:

John@MyHomeWebSite.com
'97 BMW R1100 GSA "RED BULL" - Sonoma, CA
'Where ever you go, there you are" - Buckaroo Bonzai
Red Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 01:04 PM   #53
Red Bull
Studly Adventurer

Oh, now I understand! I use to live in Breckenridge andonce you cross Vail pas its DOWNHILL for almost 20 miles! (Great fun on a bike too!) Also the lower air reisitance helps (strange isn't it to be able to sit upright and barely slow down at all?) I'm not sure, but the sloap from the Rocky Mt.'s is highter than most everything arrounf it. so you are crusing downhill most of the time.

As the expression goes, "down hill with a tailwind" so this may the the all time high milage possible. Congratulations, but I bet you do not get this milage again on the flat strech.

BTW- if sound slike you ran out of fuel, so did you do this on purpose? It's not particularly good for the fuel injectors as they try to maintain a proper mixture when the fuel is starved. (Or at least this is what my dealership told me).

John@MyHomeWebSite.com
Old 09-28-2002, 02:44 AM   #54
Gonz
BMW Bike Bum

Oddometer: 756
Re S4

Been having a read of this thread.

I must admit, I AM interested in your device. However I do note that most of you are in the US. Not big on ordering overseas. So short of getting someone to privately emailing me some specs. on the device....would it be a stupid idea when the bike is nearly out of fuel....stop. lay the bike on its right side (where the fuel pump is) stand it up and continue???

I only mean this as a desperate measure......it beats pushing the big beast.

What are youre thoughts?
Old 09-28-2002, 07:20 AM   #55
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer: 12,238
you need to remenber.....

than unless you have a ODDESEY battery your is going to spill,,and the final drive bredding hole will do to....
so I have back up plan for you...take the seat, disconect the 8MM bolt on your right ,and move just the tank to the right,,a lot less complicated...
to complete the bike on the side occupate way more area,,,AKA,,more risk to getting Hit by I car(in california free-ways,,,big deal)and then mister "poncharello" will come and bitt you in the butt.......
I'm sure JOHN J. can send you one in the mail for just a little more money,,,,
I do think this device makes total SENCE,,,,and don't let the simplicity of the concept decibe you,,,
the romans USED for centuries to bring water to there citys............
Old 09-28-2002, 08:22 AM   #56
serson brannen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
has anyone done this with a tourtech tank? how did it work?
Old 09-28-2002, 08:28 AM   #57
Gonz
BMW Bike Bum

Oddometer: 756
Romans

Tks for the input.

But if what you are saying is true, then I shouldnt stack the bike on the right side. For if I do......the result will be catastrophic!!

Dont be concerned about the risk to life by traffic....I think at last count the DMV registered its tenth vehicle out here

As for the "CHiPs" ie Poncherello and Jon (Baker) having a say?.........man are'nt they dead.. or are you just as OLD as I am!!

Remember however.....you are only as old as the woman you are feeling..

Cheers Gonz
Old 09-28-2002, 10:21 AM   #58
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer: 12,238
Re: Romans

Quote:
Originally posted by Gonz
Tks for the input.

But if what you are saying is true, then I shouldnt stack the bike on the right side. For if I do......the result will be catastrophic!!

R:)actually on the LEFT will be wrost,,,but yes can be bad...specially if the SIERRA CLUB is around, you will be hit by a bunch
of HUMBRELLAS aNd CARROTS.....

Dont be concerned about the risk to life by traffic....I think at last count the DMV registered its tenth vehicle out here

R:)YEAH A DO KNOW AUSTRALIA is a little less full of australians ,,,,(because all live in california)so that is not a big concern...
I my case....I suffer from "herman monster" and "murphies sindrome"too....when stuff goes wrong is like I carry a LITTLE BLACK CLOUD OVER MY HEAD,,,and I let the gore-tex jacket at home......do you know the felling??????

As for the "CHiPs" ie Poncherello and Jon (Baker) having a say?.........man are'nt they dead.. or are you just as OLD as I am!!

REPLAY:)well that exaclly the problem the current CHP are a BUNCH of GRUMPY OLD FARTS!!!!,no some shinny, handsome,and concern ,little BOYS..

Remember however.....you are only as old as the woman you are feeling..

R:) well...I quess i don't exist,,,,I'm lonnely this days,,,and maybe that is way I work so much....
when I was at school , my piers use to introduce me to lady's so I slow down working,,,and they did not LOOK as bad at the time of the presentation(industrial design)....never work,,,,
I love WOMEN,,, but I love what i do even MORE......

Cheers Gonz
Old 09-28-2002, 10:29 AM   #59
jocflier
Dammit, that hurt...

Oddometer: 2,448
Quote:
Originally posted by serson brannen
has anyone done this with a tourtech tank? how did it work?
The tourtech tank already has a cross over line that connects at the bottom of the tank at the forward end of the lobes..the line runs between the tank just in front of the Alt. cover..

Joc
Old 09-29-2002, 12:10 PM   #60
Red Bull
Studly Adventurer

OK, I just put on my adventure tank and no longer need the "S4" so does anyoen want to buy the kit? Email me an offer and it's yours! (Adventure tanks have equalizer tube between the lobes.)

John@MyHomeWebSite.com