Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2003, 07:44 PM   #76
johnjen OP
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,725
Quote:
Originally posted by eap
Pics?
should be here (r1150gs), here, and (r1100gs) here (S4 Kit).
Yeah they're still there... I had used a slight url variation and some weird stuff came up... But I do want to change a few pics and perhaps re-org the info and pic sequences...

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 03:29 PM   #77
Arch
Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer: 11,705
Yo John, a quick question here...

All the S4 stuff's installed, my holes are drilled in the filler neck, canister's sitting in a box in the attic, and tank is filled. To prime the Superlative widget I gotta pull the bolt outta the hose, submerge the latter in fuel, and reinsert the bolt. Can the hose be pulled up outta the fuel a tad to get the bolt back into it? Or do I have to hire someone with tiny fingers to get it done while everything's completely submerged in the thimble-sized pocket of fuel up in the filler neck? :):
Old 09-01-2003, 04:20 PM   #78
johnjen OP
I've Been Resigned

Quote:
Said Arch:
Yo John, a quick question here...

All the S4 stuff's installed, my holes are drilled in the filler neck, canister's sitting in a box in the attic, and tank is filled. To prime the Superlative widget I gotta pull the bolt outta the hose, submerge the latter in fuel, and reinsert the bolt. Can the hose be pulled up outta the fuel a tad to get the bolt back into it? Or do I have to hire someone with tiny fingers to get it done while everything's completely submerged in the thimble-sized pocket of fuel up in the filler neck? :):
1st, congrats on being elevated to mod status... Enjoy the lofty air of these stratuspheric heights and feel the POWER er FORCE young mod... Of course I can say that since I've only got a few days of MOD power myself...

As to the question at hand... What I do is grab the bolt end with a pair of pliers (I carry a leatherman for just such a purpose) and carefully pull it up. Then grab the hose below the bolt plug with the pliers and squeeze the hose while yanking the bolt plug out (keep the pliers clamped).

Then I lower the hose back into the fuel and when it's submersed I open the pliers enough to let the fuel spill out, then clamp down again. Then lift the hose back up and insert the bolt plug back in. Then lower the hose/bolt plug back into place at the bottom of the filler neck.

This way I manage to keep the amount of air trapped in the hose to a bare minimum and keep the fuel off my fingers as much as possible too.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Old 09-01-2003, 06:25 PM   #79
Arch
Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer: 11,705
Gotcha. Thanks, John. So basically it's OK if there's a tiny bubble in the upper tube. Did what ya said and if there's any air in there at all, it's just that - a tiny bit.

Old 09-01-2003, 06:42 PM   #80
johnjen OP
I've Been Resigned

A small amount of air is no problem. In fact the entire 3rd hose could be almost full of air and the siphon would still work. It's only when the air gets down to the 'T' that the siphon is lost.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Old 09-02-2003, 08:17 PM   #81
johnjen OP
I've Been Resigned

Well this is the official response from Sucker headquarters to the schraeder valve experiment... I never could get it to seal properly, and I tried a whole bunch of different approaches... So I went back to the basic bolt plug and all is right in the S4 universe... If any one actually does manage to get one to work properly let me know...

Thanks JJ

WingMakers.com
Old 02-20-2005, 11:12 PM   #82
johnjen OP
I've Been Resigned

Well this is an official bump from World Wide Sucker Headquarters...

If there are any 1100 or 1150 owners who would like their own Siphon Sucker kit please contact me directly. I can order up another batch of parts if enough people want kits...

I will send you a copy of the install instructions for your perusal when I recieve your e-mail

Thanks JJ

WingMakers.com
Old 06-22-2005, 02:23 PM   #83
johnjen OP
I've Been Resigned

The parts are in and ready for new homes... Anyone want a S4 kit for their very own?

JJ

WingMakers.com
Old 06-22-2005, 08:40 PM   #84
GeeSer
Snarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Sucker

Hey... John....

Count me in for an 1100 sucker.... when every you get around to geting parts.

Thanks

The wind in his hair went purely past
And he felt the glory of going fast
The fear of death though there indeed
Was lulled for awhile by his pride of speed (R. Frost)
GeeSer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:08 AM   #85
Yo. I'm Bow.
arm chair

Oddometer: 78
sucker

AT your convenence please. r/11oo gs thank you
Old 06-25-2005, 04:58 PM   #86
Tork
Pinsetter

Oddometer: 3,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen
The parts are in and ready for new homes... Anyone want a S4 kit for their very own?

JJ
In for a 2002 r1150gs S4 kit

pm me with details

thx Tork
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 10:10 PM   #87
NJ_Bob
Occasional Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott bowen
AT your convenence please. r/11oo gs thank you

Ditto.
Bob Naumann - W5OV - Sachse, TX - K1300GT - IBA #19100
NJ_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:07 AM   #88
jigdog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fallon
okay here is some more detail on my run.
thanks to the little piggy i decided that i could out do his 272 miles on a tank with the S4 since I had done 262 already with my S4 set up and modified filler neck.
left the gas station Tuesday 11:10 am full tank and an extra 1.5 gallons of fuel in the side bag.
2/10 mile to rt 93 north to new hampshire. traffic very light so moving along at a good pace. at about 110 miles come upon some construction, start to slow down a bit then decided to pass a slower moving car before we where to go to one lane. big mistake. I hadn’t planned on stopping, wanted to see if i could finally do a tank with out stopping. mister state trooper was pulled over on the bridge and waved me over along with a car.
get off the bike open my helmet take of my sunglasses and looked for mr state trooper. he’s talking to the car. i get out my registration and license and he finally comes over. asks if here was an emergency? must have been my darien hivz jacket. i said no. he asks where i was headed. littleton i reply, he asks what i was going to do there, i responsed, turn around. no more questions, hands back my stuff and says to slow down it’s a nice. this is just a warning.
as i am approaching littleton, 140 miles, i see that my gas gage is only down to 7-8 bars. so i thought holy shit man i can do 300+ mile no problem. can’t turn back here would have to drive through boston.
so i keep going another 10 miles pull out the paper map and look for a good point to turn south. that was the second stop. st johnsbury vt. looked good, pick up 91s and then over to 89 back to 93 in concord.
just before i went onto 91s i snapped a pic of the gps and guages saw that 171 miles 5 bars on the gas gauge.
the at 190 miles 3 bars start doing the 2/3 bar dance.
202 1 bar 2 bar dance reserve light comes on and stays on.
208 O bars, there goes my 300+ miles.
up and down hills, cross over to 89s and trying to listen for fuel pump noises.
going up a hill run out of gas 241.4 miles, pull the clutch get over to break down lane.
dump in 1.5 g fuel, starts right up. at the top of the hill exit with gas right there. 1.8 miles.
add 4.089 gallons .
so 37.13 mpg. average speed 68 mph. all miles are bmw miles, so as not to confuse anyone.
next time out will do all 2 lane back roads.
total run 363.8 miles, back in time for a shower and cocktails.
My 96 GS will run only about 130 miles when there are 3 pr 4 bars on the fuel gauge. Im getting 40 mpg or better. Whats going on here? Is the gauge Fed up? Thanks!
jigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:21 AM   #89
jigdog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigdog
My 96 GS will run only about 130 miles when there are 3 or 4 bars on the fuel gauge. Im getting 40 mpg or better. When I fill the tank with 3 bars it only takes 3 gallons. Whats going on here? Is the gauge Fed up? Thanks!
mmmmmmmmmmmm
jigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:42 AM   #90
S2W
I said wax ON you idiot!

Oddometer: 3,351
What's the latest on the SS. I still haven't put one together yet and I'm thinking perhaps it would be easier to order one and get it mailed to me her in Australia...Is this service still available

Last I heard a new sort of end weights were being trialled. Has anyone had any success with a one way valve in the line located in the right hand lobe to prevent the fuel moving back again to the left when the bike is on the sidestand.

It's about time I fitted some sort of siphon or fitted a cross over pipe! I think the SS is the easiest, cheapest and most effective way of doing it.

Is the SS still alive?