ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2007, 12:49 PM   #121
Chisenhallw OP
Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer: 5,152
Sounds like Sat, 9/22 in Garner. Restaurant recommendations?
I review motorcycles for 2wheelsandamotor.com
Chisenhallw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:48 PM   #122
CplRooster
I'm a what?

Oddometer: 1,878
Zaxby's in Garner just south of the 70 and 401 split on 401S. Great food and there is plenty of parking. Of coarse, there is the beloved Applebee's just a bit north of Zaxby's by about 200 yards. I could keep going but my memory of the names of these restaurant's is escaping me at the moment. But Zaxby's is my personal fav.I think there is a Checker's or equivalant next to it or around it somewhere, as well.

If there are any objections to the previous list, I can ride over(twist my arm please) to the area of 70/401 split or there could be a request from some other locale I could scope out.

Semper Fi

Semper Fi
CplRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:13 PM   #123
Chad_NC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,758
There is a 50's style burger joint also, I cant remember the name at the moment but its right around the Walmart. Its the checkers type. There is usually car shows a couple times a year, nice little gathering joint. I will have the name tomorrow, I have to go that way anyway. There is also an italian place, Ragazzi's(not great but ok), Golden Corral, IHOP, O'Charleys and a Rockola Cafe. There was a sports bar type place with a car theme but I think it closed. I think the Zaxbys would be great to.
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:15 PM   #124
NCDan
Absolute Beginner

Oddometer: 1,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeFatale
Sept 21st is a Friday. 22nd is Saturday and works for me. Either location is good for me as well....even if it rains
Show off
Old 08-30-2007, 07:42 PM   #125
FemmeFatale
Perpetual Motion

Oddometer: 3,597
I've never been to Garner so my only input would be a place that has tables that you can push together so we can all sit together vs. in booths.

Call me the pratical one
FemmeFatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:16 AM   #126
MJBADV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
I wouldn't be able to make it the 22nd as I'll be in Florida on business. You may try the Locked and Loaded Grill on US 70, there are usually some other riders there on the weekends and they have decent food. Let me know when you're going to meet in October.
MJBADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:02 AM   #127
Broadway
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Locked and Loaded Grill seemed like an Applebees for Motorcyclists the last time I went there. But the food was decent enough.
Broadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:00 AM   #128
praetorian
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006klr650
There is a 50's style burger joint also, I cant remember the name at the moment but its right around the Walmart. Its the checkers type. There is usually car shows a couple times a year, nice little gathering joint. I will have the name tomorrow, I have to go that way anyway. There is also an italian place, Ragazzi's(not great but ok), Golden Corral, IHOP, O'Charleys and a Rockola Cafe. There was a sports bar type place with a car theme but I think it closed. I think the Zaxbys would be great to.
Do you mean Andy's Cheesesteaks? Very good food and a great atmosphere.
praetorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:21 PM   #129
CplRooster
I'm a what?

Oddometer: 1,878
This is going to be fun...now I may have to find a sitter for the pack. We now just need to finalize a place to get the groceries down our necks. I am open to anything, as I don't get to eat out very often.

Does anyone want a list of restaurant's to vote on or does everyone know where they wanna eat? I can gather a list of places together Sat P.M. if it is requested.

Semper Fi

Semper Fi
CplRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:28 AM   #130
Chisenhallw OP
Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer: 5,152
Suddenly, I can make it. Was gonna go visit my girlfriend that weekend, but she dumped me. Ah well, her loss! So now I can return to my one true love (bikes!) and show up. w00t!
I review motorcycles for 2wheelsandamotor.com
Chisenhallw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:27 AM   #131
Chad_NC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,758
See Bill, all does work out for the better!
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #132
wegster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDan
So how is the knee?
Much better, thanks. Had to go to the ER Sunday night/monday early am, as it got worse. They did little but gave me pain meds and crutches, and put my leg into an immobilizer thingy (removable). Went to the orthopedic next day, he was guessing torn meniscus, or some sort of sprain, etc..knee was slightly swollen. Got muscle relaxers and pain meds, did an MRI, MRI results on Tuesday, but around Thursday or so, I pulled the thing off and can now walk, dress myself(!!), and rotate and flex my leg ok, not much pain.

Going to wait until Tuesday before jumping on the bike, but I expect I'll be riding again by next weekend.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #133
wegster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Hmm, Saturdays are bad for me, it's usually the one night I manage to get out and do things, anddoing 7-9pm or so is sort of 'in the middle' of that time.

Would prefer Saturday lunch if it's got to be on a Saturday, or Sundays.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:01 PM   #134
NCDan
Absolute Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegster
Much better, thanks. Had to go to the ER Sunday night/monday early am, as it got worse. They did little but gave me pain meds and crutches, and put my leg into an immobilizer thingy (removable). Went to the orthopedic next day, he was guessing torn meniscus, or some sort of sprain, etc..knee was slightly swollen. Got muscle relaxers and pain meds, did an MRI, MRI results on Tuesday, but around Thursday or so, I pulled the thing off and can now walk, dress myself(!!), and rotate and flex my leg ok, not much pain.

Going to wait until Tuesday before jumping on the bike, but I expect I'll be riding again by next weekend.
Good news.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:01 PM   #135
NCDan
Absolute Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisenhallw
Suddenly, I can make it. Was gonna go visit my girlfriend that weekend, but she dumped me. Ah well, her loss! So now I can return to my one true love (bikes!) and show up. w00t!