ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #1531
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank
I will get working on the wife for the Septmeber ride. Do we have a destination?
Squashed. 7th anniversary is the 22nd of September. I figured we would celebrate the following weekend, she said nope. So no riding for me the weekend of the 20th (bummer.)

Tanner is leading a ride out on the 14th, so I think I will try to make it out for that if no other ride opurtunities this month.

OOOOOOOh I got to sit on the GS800 today! I LIKE this bike. Hummm now to start talking the wife into it. It needs the top box and the side boxes on it so she feels more enclosed. Humm that bike aughta keep up with my nephew on his R6 on the road well enough too. If I can ante up to $500 a month on the KTM I can own one in about a year and a half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazamdrz
Also MotoOne has always done me right. Let Ryan know I sent you and that youre a DSRider.
I had ryan do some work for me before on the husabroke. Nice guy, and no complaints on the price or the work. I have been pondering giving him a shot. Is he a KTM licensed repair place? Can he get OEM parts?

~

Michael

montibank screwed with this post 09-02-2008 at 05:42 PM
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:31 PM   #1532
tr1200
High Side

Oddometer: 862
Redwave-
Great pic's. I want to check this out in the future. BTW- what are you wanting for the DR? I know someone who may be interested.

So- no takers on the Rio Nido rally? We need some Central Valley representation.

Cheers-
HST
tr1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #1533
redwave
sue eee! (Pig Man)

Oddometer: 447
DR for sale link

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1200
Redwave-
Great pic's. I want to check this out in the future. BTW- what are you wanting for the DR? I know someone who may be interested.
HST

I've got it listed here Tom: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...58#post7768158 thanks for passing it along. How far away is Rio Nido anyway? Glad you got your bike back, did the other guy hafta bleed any?

redwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #1534
tr1200
High Side

Dave-
I'm GUESSING about 5 hours to Rio Nido via scenic routes. And no, no one is bleeding YET. I'm still trying to get the I.D. of the third culprit.............
Good thing it worked out the way it did; I'd hate to have to bail my wife out of the pokey. She questioned most neighbors within a mile radius while wearing her .38 snub-nosed 5-shot titanium-framed equalizer....made her look allot bigger than 105#.

Cheers-
HST
Old 09-02-2008, 09:20 PM   #1535
redwave
sue eee! (Pig Man)

Oddometer: 447
Question say what

"No ma'am, I haven't seen it. Yes ma'am I'll let you know right away if I do see it. Excuse me ma'am, if thats it I need to go clean my shorts..."
redwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:11 PM   #1536
Daytona_Rider
You should be racing

Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank

I had ryan do some work for me before on the husabroke. Nice guy, and no complaints on the price or the work. I have been pondering giving him a shot. Is he a KTM licensed repair place? Can he get OEM parts?

~

Michael
He get's his parts directly from Clawson/ Wilsons. He has the connections to get whatever you want. OEM, aftermarket whatever.
AFM #993 Come out and support the sport of motorcyling; attend an AFM Race Weekend!

Death Valley Ride(s) Rock

Dennis Carner Memorial Ride

Death Valley Video

1991 Honda NC30 (Racing sweetness) #993
2007 R1200GS Adventure: King of the World IMHO
Daytona_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:28 PM   #1537
tr1200
High Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwave
"No ma'am, I haven't seen it. Yes ma'am I'll let you know right away if I do see it. Excuse me ma'am, if thats it I need to go clean my shorts..."
You know, the best part of this experience was finding that MOST of the folks up here were supportive and relieved that we weren't just going to take it in the arse from the high-altitude hillbilly tweakers ruining our "neighborhood" .
Cheers-
HST
Old 09-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #1538
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,504
I can't wait to hear about it all.
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #1539
tr1200
High Side

Road Racing

You know-
I've really enjoyed the past couple years of riding in the desert and Sierra foothills. But I'm really missing what got me into riding dirt in the first place: road racing. My wife bought me my first dirtbike for my 40th b-day to help me "cross train" for the racing. It was a 1983 Honda XR350 and a old, heavy, obsolete tank. But it was fun and a year later I bought the Husaberg.....night and day difference.

But I haven't even done a track day since 2004. I'm jonsing! And now Honda has opened up sales of the Moriwaki MD250H Grand Prix bike to the public (provided you have a racing resume) and the MSRP is under 12k. Very tempting, but I've been down this road before and it's almost like crack or heroine.

I guess this is a cry for help . I would have to sell my other bikes, including dirtbikes, to start this endeavor. Stop me before I start down this downward spiral! Or FIND ME A SPONSOR!

Cheers-
HST
Old 09-05-2008, 01:41 PM   #1540
stevele5
knight errant

Oddometer: 1,104
evening ride

maybe the bacside of pineflat? 4 pm or so 999 0736 lesgo

Rule # 2 Spy the guy in your eye before you fly at the Y.

slow is smooth, smooth is fast

http://www.centralvalleyds.com/

stevele5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #1541
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevele5
maybe the bacside of pineflat? 4 pm or so 999 0736 lesgo
well crap .. I had the same idea... I was off werk at 1300 but I had to watch the wee one starting at 1700.

Steve any time you wanna do a last minute ride call me. If I can go I will.

~

Michael
Old 09-06-2008, 03:43 PM   #1542
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,096
Quote:
You know-
...... it's almost like crack or heroine.

I guess this is a cry for help . I would have to sell my other bikes, including dirtbikes, to start this endeavor. Stop me before I start down this downward spiral! Or FIND ME A SPONSOR!

Cheers-
HST
There, there, now. In a couple weeks you'll be able to tell Dr. Ramjet and Uncle Bob all about it. Don't worry. Medication will be prescribed-
BEER!!!
I've gotta here what you guys have been up to down there and talk about that ride to Blue Ridge (How 'bout October?)

Qui Desiderant Pacem Preparate Bellum
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:05 PM   #1543
tr1200
High Side

A sympathetic shoulder to cry on - well, not literally. Looking forward to a few days off and the Russian River. Where to meet up with someone from Antioch is the question. I'd like to stay on 1 after the Golden Gate Bridge, but I'm no local.
Let me know Ramjet, and I'm taking Monday off too for "extended riding" .
Cheers-
HST (HighSideTom- nickname earned at a great price)
Old 09-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #1544
Daytona_Rider
You should be racing

Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
You know-
I've really enjoyed the past couple years of riding in the desert and Sierra foothills. But I'm really missing what got me into riding dirt in the first place: road racing. My wife bought me my first dirtbike for my 40th b-day to help me "cross train" for the racing. It was a 1983 Honda XR350 and a old, heavy, obsolete tank. But it was fun and a year later I bought the Husaberg.....night and day difference.

But I haven't even done a track day since 2004. I'm jonsing! And now Honda has opened up sales of the Moriwaki MD250H Grand Prix bike to the public (provided you have a racing resume) and the MSRP is under 12k. Very tempting, but I've been down this road before and it's almost like crack or heroine.

Cheers-
HST

I'm seriously thinking about getting an older EX250 Ninja and going racing...

I love track days but I'd like to see what I've got against other like minded nuts!
AFM #993 Come out and support the sport of motorcyling; attend an AFM Race Weekend!

Death Valley Ride(s) Rock

Dennis Carner Memorial Ride

Death Valley Video

1991 Honda NC30 (Racing sweetness) #993
2007 R1200GS Adventure: King of the World IMHO
Daytona_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:14 PM   #1545
montibank
Happy

Quote:
A sympathetic shoulder to cry on - well, not literally...
HST (HighSideTom- nickname earned at a great price)
TOM!! You have a track bike you just need a supermoto kit for it!

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...=en&emb=0&aq=f

And with my nephew getting an R6 I may be getting a supermoto kit for the 530. Depends on how strongly the wife fights the F800GS quest. If she stomps that firmly out then I wll pursue the supermoto kit.

That would make for 4 with supermoto's in the 500cc - 650cc range... Is there a track nearby?

HST: I talked to the wife about next Friday... She isn't very keen on the idea. I will have a final answer by Monday for sure.

~

Michael

montibank screwed with this post 09-06-2008 at 05:26 PM