ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #1576
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,708
Back - Alive and Un-injured

HST took us for a wild ride! Really fun, Damn powerman is fast. Stupid spark arrester (# 6) fell out 20 min into ride *sigh* not that I am suprized. I will be searching for an aftermarket end cap or a new slip on.

What are those little bumps called on the trail? Water run off channels thingies? Those kicked my arse, I wanted to pick it up a notch but I could hardly hold on to the 530 as it was.

Note to self: Use a tire gauge to air down, when we got back to camp I checked the pressure in my front tire. The "feels good to me" method took me down to 6 psi. Ooops!

~

Michael
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:03 PM   #1577
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,504
i'm itching for some mojave.. steve do you remember that website for the LA>LV all dirt thing?
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #1578
stevele5
knight errant

Oddometer: 1,104
dont remember

but i would love to return to that country i love it down there are you ready for another epic journey?

Rule # 2 Spy the guy in your eye before you fly at the Y.

slow is smooth, smooth is fast

http://www.centralvalleyds.com/

stevele5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:26 AM   #1579
lsellers
a DSRIDER

God, Yes!
Old 09-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #1580
tarmacter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
Another LA>LV searcher....

Sounds like it was a great ride this weekend! Unfortunately, I was shooting a wedding.

Lane/Steve, count me in for that LA>LV ride. I am itching to do some endurance/baja-ish riding! Anyone know the dates/times/locations?
tarmacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #1581
tarmacter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
That was easy...(pushes big red button)

http://labarstowvegas.com/

http://www.district37ama.org/dualspo...LAB2V-back.pdf
tarmacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:08 PM   #1582
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Yea I used search and went back too. If anything I want to pay and get the gps coordinates and see what their route is.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:40 PM   #1583
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Barstow to Vegas

I am going on this ride, only doing the Saturday section from Barstow to Vegas. Perhaps I'll finally get to ride with you guys. I used to ride this area quite a bit when I was riding in District 37 desert races about a hundred years ago. I can't seem to make any of the local rides work as I always have something else on the front burner on every local ride day. I wanted to join you for the Sept. 20 ride but I will be in LA that weekend. I do have the Oct. ride date circled on my calendar, maybe I'll see you then!
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #1584
montibank
Happy

Damn those 650s can MOVE!!

650 cross-challanges are no joke. Two of em on the ride, hardly saw either one, had some trouble keeping up. Sunday was a blast, I pushed myself a little too far and made a few really noobish mistakes. No injuries to my person or my ride to report, didn't dump the bike once. Great country ride, was like a big flat track with some random washouts to shake you up now and again. DUSTY as heck, but well worth it. Total ride 151 miles, Offroad for 70+ miles.

Notes for future rides:
  • Don't freeze your hydration pack, it thaws out too slow to drink it.
  • Eat before you go out.
  • Take food with you when people recomend bringing food with you.
  • Stop and eat...
  • Did I mention eating?
Getting back in some sembalance of physical health so I don't have a heart attack might be a good idea.

~

Michael
Old 09-16-2008, 08:05 PM   #1585
stevele5
knight errant

plan for saturday?

anybody?

I would like to get an early start if any one is interested, need to be home for domestic bliss by 4:40 pm.

I am willing to ride anywhere to meet anyone anytime as long as its early, maybe if anyone is down for it we can meet the others in route.

Need to ride, many miles many trails need to ride hard and long need to abuse body and mind. have dr ready to go firstaid kit, special hook up for compressor killer light weight set of tools (compared to robs bag) spare tubes retrofitted tank bag and whatever else i can find to tach on the dr or pack in the back pac. fresh new oil leak worn out knobbies knock in motor 15 year old dyno soar of a bike weak headlight cracked tailight 3 blinkers hanging by the wires home made mel gibson windshield, custom (TAN) leather signature seat with custom lambs wool pad with walmart cut in half atv pad. im telling you i got the shit down. you would think with ALL these low budget farkles i would not have much in this thing, well it has taken 3 dr's to put it together, 2 blown motors, started listening to tach!! so i could probably be riding a bad ass something or another butr here i sit atop the beast and loving it. slow and heavy kick start mutha.

so if any of you fools want to start early let me know, i only need one, but prefer some. like 6am maybe 7am or so, an extra hour and a half can put us deep in the woods and maybe even lost

anybody know the path for the ride? or general area, like to try and find something new and lose something old

Old 09-16-2008, 08:50 PM   #1586
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevele5
so if any of you fools want to start early let me know, i only need one, but prefer some. like 6am maybe 7am or so, an extra hour and a half can put us deep in the woods and maybe even lost
anybody know the path for the ride? or general area, like to try and find something new and lose something old
Sorry Steve, I'm out. Seven year anniversary this weekend. I have used all of my brownie points for this month. Next time I can ride is October.

Have a great time!

~

Michael
Old 09-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #1587
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Who could pass that up?!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:32 PM   #1588
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsellers
Who could pass that up?!!!
Har har! You going mista sellers?
Old 09-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #1589
lsellers
a DSRIDER

I was being non-commital and now you're making me choose. I've never regretted it so going to go ahead and say yes....yes I am.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:25 AM   #1590
stevele5
knight errant

so....the downtown office of dsrider at 6am

ready?