ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #4066
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,520
I wish!
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #4067
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,763
Come on

Thinking of riding 209 again (without wrecking this time) then north on 41 towards Yosemite. Maybe try those trails for a little bit and then come back before I break something (like my footpegs). Gonna leave about 230-3ish.
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #4068
lsellers
a DSRIDER

209 turns left, then around the lake to that one town, then up old ben hur road and around to briceberg then....i get lost. i can't seem to find "the bridge" on the map where steve and i went on our 1000 and where powerman led us over the bridge, up the side of a mountain then in an area that loops around like crazy and i think eventually runs into miami trails. I think it's briceberg, there's a bridge that goes up and over.

zoom in and look around:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...3&ie=UTF8&z=13

lsellers screwed with this post 06-01-2009 at 02:08 PM
Old 06-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #4069
chip
Follow Me

That's not it lane. At least what I was talking about. Did I eat it on 209 or 229? Anyway, was going to ride that road until it turns back to 41. Then 41 up to the trails... what trails you ask...? The ones on the left up there. I saw them once when Ksenija and I went to Yosemite. I'll tell you when I get back...
Old 06-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #4070
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
Lane,
You are right, we crossed the Merced River at Briceburg. I haven't been over there in the last couple of months, but the road going up the hill was closed the last 2 times I went there. You can cross at El Portal and go though Foresta, I haven't done that in years.
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:06 PM   #4071
lsellers
a DSRIDER

you ate it on 209. you still needed to make it to the dirt section. then it turns to road again..then dirt..you going right at 209 will take you to 41 but that's boring. left will be dirt, then you get back onto road around the lake to raymond and then straight to ben hur road (all dirt) is a lot more fun and is something k can do no problem and cuts you through that little round about that 41 does. But looking at the time you've already found that out! you'll save some time by hauling on 41 to your exploration site. Have fun chip! can't wait to see.

Thanks powerman. that whole area is a blast. I wouldn't mind riding up there soon. I was looking at that el portal route too while trying to find info for chip. steve and I had a lot of fun around there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip
That's not it lane. At least what I was talking about. Did I eat it on 209 or 229? Anyway, was going to ride that road until it turns back to 41. Then 41 up to the trails... what trails you ask...? The ones on the left up there. I saw them once when Ksenija and I went to Yosemite. I'll tell you when I get back...

lsellers screwed with this post 06-01-2009 at 05:15 PM
Old 06-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #4072
chip
Follow Me

Yes 209 it was. Today I went right at the turn and headed towards 41. A little boring, but that can be adjusted with the throttle, as always. Once I made it to 41 I turned left and headed to the "trails" that I was talking about. A lot further than I remembered. Almost all the way to Yosemite, I think Oakhurst. I still didn't find the name of the trail, but it was definetely open to us. Some gnarly stuff and some pretty cool stuff. Seemed like endless dirt roads and a cool picnic area.

Guess who got pulled over on HER motorcycle today??? That's right, my sweet, inocent wife that never does anything wrong (she's reading as I'm writing). Did she get a ticket, hell no, I'd have been calling from jail. The cop just wanted to talk about riding with her...
Old 06-02-2009, 07:28 AM   #4073
stevele5
knight errant

Oddometer: 1,104
so where did you go

miami trails?

Rule # 2 Spy the guy in your eye before you fly at the Y.

slow is smooth, smooth is fast

http://www.centralvalleyds.com/

stevele5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:30 AM   #4074
chip
Follow Me

I guess man. I didn't see anything that said Miami Trails. I was going to take a picture of the trail head but there really wasn't anything to take a picture of. Very cool trails though. I have some pics of the KLR buried in a mud hole, I had to get off and drag it out. I don't know how to post the pics. Tried optimizing and still can't get it.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:11 AM   #4075
lsellers
a DSRIDER

one way is to go to google and sign up for picassa. it's free and ties into your gmail account if you have one. the down side to that is you have to post the link to the album and can't post indavidual pictures within your post. If steve can figure it out anyone can.

don't forget tarm's website upload media thing. it's not as easy as google's picassa but it's also free.

if the pictures are hosted on other sites there are no limits as to size and resolution when you link to them on advrider.

if you try and upload a file so that advrider hosts the file then there are restrictions. i don't even condsider this as an option unless i'm editing small pictures in paint (like what about bob(rob) picture above).

once andrew sees some pics I bet he will know exactly where you were! there is a lot more up there than the miami trails. Sounds fun. Glad the klr didn't suck up any mud.

oh and i'm glad k didn't get a ticket but she should have!
Old 06-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #4076
chip
Follow Me

Thinking of heading out again, you know, pre-tahoe training. Would like to look for some trails, maybe a little closer around 3:30ish. Anyone interested?
Old 06-02-2009, 12:12 PM   #4077
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Thumb Smog bill gets watered down!

Yeeah!!! Safe for a little while

www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12497597

Senate rejects mandatory motorcycle smog tests
The Associated Press
Posted: 06/01/2009 05:57:02 PM PDT
Updated: 06/01/2009 05:57:02 PM PDT

SACRAMENTO-A state senator has agreed to water down a bill that
Originally would have required smog checks for motorcycles.

The state Senate approved the legislation by Sen. Fran Pavley on Monday
After she agreed to scale it back. It now goes to the Assembly.

Pavley, a Democrat from Santa Monica, wanted mandatory smog checks for
Motorcycles. She says they're more polluting than cars and that owners
Often make them worse by removing the catalytic converters.

Opponents say motorcycles get better gas mileage and that a smog check
Requirement would be the equivalent of another tax.

The latest version of Pavley's bill drops the smog-test provision. It
Now merely authorizes law enforcement officers to fine motorcyclists who
Remove the converters.

If the bill passes the Assembly, it would go to Gov. Arnold
Schwarzenegger, a motorcycle owner himself
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #4078
lsellers
a DSRIDER

mp: whew!

chip: no can do!
Old 06-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #4079
chip
Follow Me

No problem Lane. I'm sure steve will go...
Old 06-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #4080
lsellers
a DSRIDER

he should be able to. he's more available on weekdays than weekends.