ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #4276
shazamdrz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
yep

I was there Friday and Sunday. I can't believe Pedrosa pulled out of his ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb2bz
Hey,
Did anyone make it to the Laguna Seca for the GP races?
The weather was .......to die for... 73 high on Sat. about 70 on Sun.
shazamdrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:02 PM   #4277
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceless950
You gonna do the Rubicon on a GS, Monti?
HAH!

No, but if I did would you be jealous?

Damn-it Brent you are too far away! We have to find some good riding spots mid stop between Fresno and yer area.

As a side thought, a ride I have been dying to do one day is MOAB. Have you ever gone? I plan 'one day' to go ( I think HST may be interested as well) I think there is some husaberg rally periodically there. I am a turn coat (husaberg -> KTM) but it would be fun to run with all the bergers on thier (somewhat) annual run.

~

Michael
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #4278
Mattb2bz
Metal Man

Oddometer: 197
Rode over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazamdrz
I was there Friday and Sunday. I can't believe Pedrosa pulled out of his ass.
Did you ride over on the DR after thrashing it on the Rubicon?
You guys who did Rubicon deserve a medal...especially those
who were riding wounded. Maybe that was all of ya.

Moto GP..... I saw Stoner crash in turn 3 right in front of me..@80+. OUCH
39 Indian Stroker Scout

Mattb2bz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:16 PM   #4279
tr1200
High Side

Oddometer: 862
Moab

Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank
HAH!

No, but if I did would you be jealous?

Damn-it Brent you are too far away! We have to find some good riding spots mid stop between Fresno and yer area.

As a side thought, a ride I have been dying to do one day is MOAB. Have you ever gone? I plan 'one day' to go ( I think HST may be interested as well) I think there is some husaberg rally periodically there. I am a turn coat (husaberg -> KTM) but it would be fun to run with all the bergers on thier (somewhat) annual run.

~

Yes- A Moab trip would be very interesting! Berg or KTM or Honda, whatever . I've explored a bit of the Cali, Arizona,Nev deserts, but not Utah. Count me in if you're planning one, I'll try not to hold everyone up this time.
HST

Michael
Yes- A Moab trip would be very interesting! Berg or KTM or Honda, whatever . I've explored a bit of the Cali, Arizona,Nev deserts, but not Utah. Count me in if you're planning one, I'll try not to hold everyone up this time.
HST
tr1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:55 PM   #4280
shazamdrz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
yep

I switched set-ups to the SM mode, replaced all of the broken levers, the shifter, changed the oil and filter, scrubbed her behind the ears ans rode off the next day to Santa Cruz on Friday morning. We Rode to the track and back to Santa Cruz on Friday morning after I got there. Went for a Hwy 9 rip roaring 4th of July ride. On Sunday morning I packed my stuff and we rode to the track and I rode back to Fresno after the AMA Superbike race.

Pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/shazamdr...eat=directlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb2bz
Did you ride over on the DR after thrashing it on the Rubicon?
You guys who did Rubicon deserve a medal...especially those
who were riding wounded. Maybe that was all of ya.

Moto GP..... I saw Stoner crash in turn 3 right in front of me..@80+. OUCH
shazamdrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #4281
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazamdrz
I switched set-ups to the SM mode, replaced all of the broken levers, the shifter, changed the oil and filter, scrubbed her behind the ears ans rode off the next day to Santa Cruz on Friday morning. We Rode to the track and back to Santa Cruz on Friday morning after I got there. Went for a Hwy 9 rip roaring 4th of July ride. On Sunday morning I packed my stuff and we rode to the track and I rode back to Fresno after the AMA Superbike race.

Pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/shazamdr...eat=directlink
I like photo #57 the breast......I mean the best....
Old 07-10-2009, 01:28 AM   #4282
ShooterDave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
hey guys idk if this is alittle off topic, but it will help me out with my rides, mostly on saddle back mountain. i currently have my sprockets at 15T/42T, i want to go to 13T/42T for better riding off road and its easier to change the front sprocket than the back whie im on the trail, and that would be the same as 14T/45T. my question is: can i use the same lenght chain or will i have to take a second chain with me, and change the chain too??? sorry to go off topic alttle but i figured this is the fastest way to find out. thanks so much
ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:46 AM   #4283
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,758
you should be able to use the same chain if you have enough length in it. Just might need adjusting. Probably something good for Thumpers.
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:52 AM   #4284
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Wink changing counter sprockets

When changing to a smaller counter sprocket, check to be sure that your bike doesn't have a retainer inside the counter that's about as large as the original gear. On the DR 650, for exampple, the inner washer has to be ground down in diameter so it doesn't exceed the size of the new counter, or it will press on the chain.
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:39 AM   #4285
Daytona_Rider
You should be racing

Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave
hey guys idk if this is alittle off topic, but it will help me out with my rides, mostly on saddle back mountain. i currently have my sprockets at 15T/42T, i want to go to 13T/42T for better riding off road and its easier to change the front sprocket than the back whie im on the trail, and that would be the same as 14T/45T. my question is: can i use the same lenght chain or will i have to take a second chain with me, and change the chain too??? sorry to go off topic alttle but i figured this is the fastest way to find out. thanks so much
What bike? My X-Challenge chain will suffer the switch without complaint. I do it all the time - from 17t to 13t depeding on my setup.
AFM #993 Come out and support the sport of motorcyling; attend an AFM Race Weekend!

Death Valley Ride(s) Rock

Dennis Carner Memorial Ride

Death Valley Video

1991 Honda NC30 (Racing sweetness) #993
2007 R1200GS Adventure: King of the World IMHO
Daytona_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #4286
ShooterDave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
sorry, it is a xr650l. thanks for the help. i will proceed with the change.
ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #4287
tr1200
High Side

Oddometer: 862
rubicon leftovers

hey guys-
found a set of 6-6-1 knee pads in my stuff after rubicon. if they're yours, holler.
HST
tr1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #4288
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,480
Steve: I was paying for lunch and out of the blue, the Mediteranian Mob Boss commented as I was signing, "I'm sure glad your friend isn't here with you." To which I replied, "who? The big guy who's full of life, happy/jolly and not affraid to ask questions?" She replies, "ya him. He's annoying."

I wish you could have been there. I started laughing only because I now know that she can be gotten to.

I wanted to tell her that it's her mind that needs changing but some how I think I'd end up as far as I did with the reciepts showing full credit card numbers instead of truncated 4 numbers at the end.
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #4289
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 563
See ya later!

I leave monday morning for a month long project in Billings Montana. I'll look forward to riding with you all after the first rain.

Andrew
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #4290
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,758
are you taking any bikes with you? I have a friend that is moving to misoula(?) for the summer, he's taking his xr with him. actually the same cat that met up with me after you left the hotel in SLO.
chip is offline   Reply With Quote