ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #4906
PotentialScat
aint

Oddometer: 1,153

I knew I was missing a good one.

Well I hope the reason everyone else is so quite is because they are busy uploading a bunch of pics.

Sorry to hear about your bike, chip.

centralvalleyds
PotentialScat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #4907
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,509
don't worry. riding season is long from over: http://www.2moto.com/
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #4908
shazamdrz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
thats awsome!

Lane, that is very cool. I would never even think to try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsellers
don't worry. riding season is long from over: http://www.2moto.com/
shazamdrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:02 AM   #4909
stevele5
knight errant

Oddometer: 1,104
great ride

what a ride with almost all the componenets

14 riders, no injuries, nobody got mad, and all seemed to have a good time loaded in the trailer and home by 6pm. short and sweet.

once again the WDR delivers to the amazment of the KTM dirtbike crowd. special k did an amazing job navigating thru some very tought terrain. Thanks go to tanner for organizing and terry for leading us thru some really intense stuff. the most of which was an insanely steep granite 30' climb.
everybody made it to the top one way or another. finally got to meet up with the famous single track down the backside of shut eye. glad i put on the mt21 before the ride, thanks again banks for the help.

after all that danger, possible breakdowns and such my luck changed on the ride home. hauling ass down olive about a mile from home and clunk clunk skid lock up, chain drag chugga chuuga stop. look down and see that the tie down came off the bag and now was wrapped in the hub. the chain was bent, yes, bent. axle tweeked and the nub for chain guide was snapped clean off, tried to put it all back together but ended up walking the bike home the rest of the way. good news is i have all the extra parts need to change out the swing arm from the junker dr.

back to the ride, the ktm guys are really fast, tanner and terry ride very fast.
the buckhorn brought back some great memories, i sat in curtis's chair but could not figure out how to turn it on. there was no fire buring and no one to show us the big guns, nonetheless it was great to be back there sitting around the same table. I missed lane and was wishing he was riding with us on several occasions, especially at the buckhorn where we had such a glorious reunion with the rest of the group after conquering the slime hill.

trailering sucks, never want to do that way again, i was jealous to watch jeff ride off on the way down, after such rugged terrain, every bit as difficult in some areas as the rubicon, it is nice to unwind on the nice smooth pavement. guess its kind of anticlimactic to sit in a cage on the way home. let the animal out to play and them lock him back up. riding back into town dirty tired and dusty hold a form of romance, like returning from battle riding back with all the people lining the streets cheering. nobody noticed in the back of the forunner. but the guy mowing his lawn noticed when i broke down right in front of his house.

tons of farkling to do on the WDR, so, is anybody planning on riding on the 19th? if so i will farkle away, if no one is down, may wait to farkle.

redwave, we were in your back yard where were you, anybody seen or heard from cevquick?

Thanks again to everyone for a wonderful ride, good to see out of shape honard again, we know what he's been doing.
like to see some pics soon

Rule # 2 Spy the guy in your eye before you fly at the Y.

slow is smooth, smooth is fast

http://www.centralvalleyds.com/

stevele5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:26 AM   #4910
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,763
Thanks. The bike is fine actually. I bent the radiator in, I didn't even notice until powerman showed me. No leaks, and the bike runs normal. Sorry to hear about your bike steve. I wish you would have called, we'd have come to help.

Everyone who didn't make it yesterday, you were dearly missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotentialScat

I knew I was missing a good one.

Well I hope the reason everyone else is so quite is because they are busy uploading a bunch of pics.

Sorry to hear about your bike, chip.
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:38 AM   #4911
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,568
Thanks for the RR's Chip & Steve,

Sounds like everyone had a blast, wish I would have gone. When I read that the ride was going to take the 007 single track off the top of shuteye I was thinking hell no on the DR with a worn back tire. If I would have known that some were not going to take that route I would have surely gone.

Steve your unfortunate mishap on the way home is because you trailered up & back......u know the DR ain't going to take that kind of crap from you... Glad to hear it wasn't worse though.

JP
Old 09-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #4912
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
Anyone else sore? It's been so long since I've been on my bike that I'm sore today. I fell once, but that was just a tipover and no speed, so it wasn't that. Anyway, good ride. The tight stuff was fun, I'd like to try that a few days after a rain with one other rider.
It was great to see Chip and Kesinja, Steve, Dave and Michael. Tanner had a good group too. There were 13 of us total. I almost forgot Honard. He was there too on a Husky. In fact the exotics outnumbered the bikes from Japan. 1 Honda, 1 yamaha, 3 suzukis,(I'm counting Steves bike as a Suzuki, because that's how it was born, who knows what it is now) VS
1 BMW, 3 Huskies and 4 KTMs. As stated before, there where no breakdowns, or injuries. Michael ripped his shirt, Chip customised his radiator, I had a problem with my remote for my trail computer, Steve scraped a bit of bashplate off his bike, but thats what they're for.
The backside of Shuteye was definitely camera worthy, but we didn't waste much time on that kind of stuff., a photo probably couldn't convey the steepness of the terain anyway. I don't think I've used that much braking on a ride before. It was tough going but fun. Thanks to Tanner for putting it together. Nice ride, great group.
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #4913
chip
Follow Me

I'll admit it

I'm pretty sore. First rain of the season, better riding soon.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #4914
stevele5
knight errant

Oddometer: 1,104
seeing as i never fell............

Rule # 2 Spy the guy in your eye before you fly at the Y.

slow is smooth, smooth is fast

http://www.centralvalleyds.com/

stevele5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #4915
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevele5
what a ride with almost all the componenets

anybody seen or heard from cevquick?

I havent rode with you guys but was riding my 625sxc for a morning run and passed you guys going up and back ...

Cevin or ron (cevquit) has been busy closing/merging his machinst business...we did the vegas to reno race recently and have been trying to get him up (im in Oakhurst ...no trailers for me) rain today... ride in the morning
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #4916
chip
Follow Me

I think you and I almost went head on near the top on the fire road. Nice reflexes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf
I havent rode with you guys but was riding my 625sxc for a morning run and passed you guys going up and back ...

Cevin or ron (cevquit) has been busy closing/merging his machinst business...we did the vegas to reno race recently and have been trying to get him up (im in Oakhurst ...no trailers for me) rain today... ride in the morning
Old 09-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #4917
chip
Follow Me

Happy Belated Anniversary Tarmacter.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #4918
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,764
Nice Ride!!!

Sore: Yes
Tired: Still
Sleep: Must do more
Damage: Negligible

That was a BLAST!! Best tight woods riding to date for me! That is definately worth another go or six! And when that direction gets easy - time to ride it the other direction although - I am not sure that is possible?

Tanner has most of the pictures worth looking at, mine are basically camp/pre-ride set up only. So no pictures yet (sorry all). I was afraid to trash my phone only camera I had availble for the ride.

I got a bunch of great KTM specific bike tweaks/tips from Terry on the ride home (who says trailering is not worth it) and can't wait to go riding again and try them out.

Don't worry those of you who did not make it, I will be going again, and soon with a little luck. Bring yer "A" game with you, its easy to get hurt on this one. If you break down you will have to hike your bike out in pieces - or get your private helicopter to fly it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf
...I havent rode with you guys but was riding my 625sxc for a morning run and passed you guys going up and back...
Were you the one with the number (6xx?) on your headlight cowl in black background all by yourself that I saw coming and going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevele5
...after all that danger, possible breakdowns and such my luck changed on the ride home. hauling ass down olive about a mile from home and clunk clunk skid lock up, chain drag chugga chuuga stop. look down and see that the tie down came off the bag and now was wrapped in the hub. the chain was bent, yes, bent. axle tweeked and the nub for chain guide was snapped clean off, tried to put it all back together but ended up walking the bike home the rest of the way...

...tons of farkling to do on the WDR, so, is anybody planning on riding on the 19th? if so i will farkle away, if no one is down, may wait to farkle...
STEVE! Call next time you loon! The Mrs. didn't get home till late so I was still on solo time! I may have free time right after work to tinker a bit if you need help gimmie a call.

~

Michael

montibank screwed with this post 09-14-2009 at 02:39 PM
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #4919
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,509
Hah. Maybe Steve wanted to wait to call in his I.O.U's in for a later more extreme circumstance. He always does want more bank for his buck!

I too wish I would have gone but oh well. Just wasn't feelin it! I like the action. I needed the rest after Saturday's walk with Soji.
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #4920
chip
Follow Me

Monti, when ever you want to tackle that trail again, I'm ready. That's one that I could ride over and over just for training. Training for what... I don't know. But it sounds good.

Steve, I'd be sore if I had to push my bike home...