ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2009, 09:31 AM   #5086
Daytona_Rider
You should be racing

Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazamdrz
Im not going to quote you cuz everybody read it. I was really looking forward to riding the track with you. I guess you just dont want to get smoked by a little DRZ. LOL just kidding. We're gunna miss you man.

Dave, My prayers are with you and your wife. If there is anything I can do ... you got it. That is a bad ass bike too brother.
I know, I wanted to get smoked by that DRZ too! Maybe next time? There will be many more.

Dave - Please know that we are here for you, stay strong. Cancer a bitc@ of a bug but not unbeatable with a good spirit and strong faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1200
Good luck DTR. You racin' the Honda 400? Great handlin' bikes .
HST
I sure am... the NC30. I just got done painting it (I've never painted anything before!) and it looks okay from ten feet .

http://vanhap.com/imgs/2009/Septembe.../VP__1383.html

I'm really looking forward to competing... just diceing it up a bit with some fellows.

Cheers All
DR
AFM #993 Come out and support the sport of motorcyling; attend an AFM Race Weekend!

Death Valley Ride(s) Rock

Dennis Carner Memorial Ride

Death Valley Video

1991 Honda NC30 (Racing sweetness) #993
2007 R1200GS Adventure: King of the World IMHO
Daytona_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:35 AM   #5087
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,509
Dave. I'm here for you and your family if you need anything. Now is the time to rise above it and be strong for your wife. Positive reinforcement. It's going to be tough, and there aren't any certaincies but with a strong will and right attitude you can overcome anything.

Regarding track day: i have to choose, 3 days in the desert or 1 day at the track and the cost to do both.

Rob when is the best time to shoot over? I need new tires, chain, and maybe a few other items.
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #5088
tarmacter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
Redwave, we'll keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers. And BTW, you BRP looks freaking sweet in that pic? Where did you take it exactly?

Daytona rider, that's a sweeeeet race pic! If I end up going out there to shoot the guys I will have to see what I can do about getting a few like that! Gotta call and see what kind of press pass I will need....
tarmacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #5089
PotentialScat
aint

Oddometer: 1,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwave
... I consider you all friends even those of you I don't know well.
+1

Dave, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

You have a pm.

centralvalleyds
PotentialScat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:42 PM   #5090
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,762
RedWave - I knew your wife was ill for some time now, but kept it to myself. Didn't know what was the best approach. I am personally inclinded to internalize stress and keep others out, so I can sympathize with your "no help can be had" sentiment. If that changes let me know and I will do what I can.

What I can do is step up the reporting of rides for ya, I totally dropped the ball last time. I will try harder next go around.

I will be tinkering with ride stuff for the next hour or so I know I need to figure out what I have gotten myself into with the desert trouble I stirred up.

Check the single post link below in my signiture line in about an hour... I should have some updated data there shortly.

~

Michael
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #5091
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
Monti, let me know if I can help on the Desert Ride set up. I got the Ford running again, so that can be used. Dove Springs is a nice place to set up (has restrooms). Not as far a drive as Ridgecrest.
Dave, your family are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need a getaway ride, I have had Fridays off lately. Let me know. It doesn't even have to be a ride, I'll come up for a beer.
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:38 PM   #5092
montibank
Happy

Thumb October 23rd through the 25th takes it - The Polls are in!

I am thinking based on this poll the 23rd - 25th is going to work for most people. So far roll call stands at:
  • Montibank - Confirmed IN!
  • Chip - Confirmed IN!
  • Special K - Confirmed IN!
  • Jpacassi - Confirmed IN!
  • Bill - Confirmed IN!
  • Mattb2bz - Confirmed IN! (23rd-24th Only)
  • Powerman - Confirmed IN!
  • Dwight - IN! 95% sure.
  • Tarmacter - May Work - Unconfirmed
  • PotentialScat - Confirmed out.
  • Layne - Confirmed out.
  • SteveLe5 - Confirmed out.
  • ShazamDRZ - Confirmed out.
Destination -
  • Caravan so far (Driving directions here):
    • Powerman - Trucking - Full - Departure at 1120('ish) from Monti's
      • Powerman
      • Montibank
      • Dwight
    • K'n'Chips - Trucking - Full - Departure at 1120('ish) from Monti's
      • Chip
      • K
    • Bill - Trucking - Room?? - Departure at 0900 from Monti's
      • Bill
    • MattB2Bz - Trucking - Departure 0900 from Monti's
      • JPacassi
      • MattB2Bz

My garage will be open at 0800 - feel free to drop by anytime from then to 1130 even if you aren't going if you just want to BS.

~

Michael

montibank screwed with this post 10-22-2009 at 05:51 PM Reason: I'm neurotic?
Old 09-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #5093
lsellers
a DSRIDER

I'd prefer to ride an epic trail that would take us from point A to point B. Tom had mentioned a mountain pass with trails and a place to camp and a destination past that. It sounded real interesting.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:12 PM   #5094
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsellers
I'd prefer to ride an epic trail that would take us from point A to point B. Tom had mentioned a mountain pass with trails and a place to camp and a destination past that. It sounded real interesting.
OH OH ~ ! I was going to leave the good news up to HST... I think he is cooking something up with that very thing in mind in November. (If so I am gonna go on both if all pans out good.) This may end up being something very similar to Afton -> Laughlin... Do you have route to propose or would you like to to Aft->Laug again? I am not sure I know any of the desert nearly as well as HST does. I can attempt lame copies of the master - but they will only be copies.

Keep yer eyes pealed for TR1200 posts.....

montibank screwed with this post 09-30-2009 at 06:41 PM
Old 09-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #5095
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oh i thought these were being merged into one ride. so there is an october desert ride AND a november desert ride? Hmm.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #5096
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsellers
Oh i thought these were being merged into one ride. so there is an october desert ride AND a november desert ride?
PFTT .. yer making me spill the beans! Give HST a chance to spread good news lol he is at work.

~

Michael

montibank screwed with this post 09-30-2009 at 06:42 PM
Old 09-30-2009, 06:28 PM   #5097
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Hmm..
Old 09-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #5098
PotentialScat
aint

Oddometer: 1,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank
PotentialScat - I can't find it now but I though you mentioned interest in this somewhere.... PM me if you can get in on the 23rd - 25th.
Still on the fence pending jury duty and finances. Probably won't know until the week before.

centralvalleyds
PotentialScat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #5099
tr1200
High Side

Oddometer: 862
Kokoweef

Anyone heard of the legend of Kokoweef. Early 1900's a guy finds a natural cavern system with good gold ore and an underground river that surfaces in it. He was followed to the entrance by two schemers before the claim was filed. The miner was on to them and doubled back to the entrance after the schemers went inside. He blew up the entrance killing the only other humans who knew the location.

There's also Piute verbal tradition about the cave system at Kokoweef: they say the underground river level rises and falls twice daily (similar to the semidiurnal tides of the Pacific west coast). So some speculate the underground river ties into the Ocean near San Diego.

Anyway...good folklore and you drive right by Kokoweef evrytime you go to Vegas. Hopefully Randy still lives there(one of the resident miners-saw him on Discovery Channel a little while back). It'd be a good base camp for a Kokoweef/Clark Mountain/Coliseum Gorge/Kingston Mountain/Tecopa Hot Springs ride with some little exploratory offshoots. Not too late in the winter 'cause Kokoweef gets snow at times.

I still have to get the bike in order after spending what little cash I have for the Oct track day. So just some ideas. But google these locations and see what you think. My other option will be the Hualipai's in AZ, and that'll be pretty much "virgin" territory for me.

Cheers-
HST
tr1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #5100
redwave
sue eee! (Pig Man)

Oddometer: 448
THANKS be to all for your prayers, support, offers of help, p.m.'s- esp. to have a beer, and the like. Also mysterious legends (never been to Vegas as an adult...), voodoo whodoo ride updates, more offers not the the least of which including an oil change, a bed, and meals far from home, a scooter for the not so capacitated, proclamations of faith, and - of course- praise for my most bitchin' motorcicle...

PT, the way outta Jury Duty is really pretty simple, "Yes, I'd make a stellar juror- I can tell if they're guilty just by lookin' at 'em..."

Tarm, that's late Sep. @ Mammoth Pool- no one in sight, a camping ghost town. Beautiful in a "where is everyone ?" sort of way...

Layne, you called on DSRider like he's still reading these posts; is he? Hmm? BTW sometimes I've a lousy attitude but I'm hoping to overcome anyway...

HSTom- you said you'ld come up for a ride 'fore work some day, so, where ya been?

Mo, yea I'm an outspoken introvert too; "internalize stress and keep others out" sounds like my modus aparendi- and thanks for keepin' it all on the low down; I've been scared 'till now when I could let it fly--

Beer here Friday sounds right to me. In the meadow by the creek. I'm counting on Andrew, who else'll come by?