ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #5821
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,778
PERFECT - now if I could just change the spelling!
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #5822
breezeclovis
"flipper"

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank
Tired, but what a blast yesterday was.

I really needed that - good practice for those "oh shnikies" moments. I think we all went down once.
Chip got his bell rung in the mud - the area where he went down was littered with MC fenders so I don't think he was the first to aquaint himself with the ground in that area. Bill had a graceful lowside coming out of a big mud puddle. If you got to do it that is the best way to go.
I myself ate it trying despirately to leave chip behind on the blues (no luck by the way he was right there behind me every time I looked). I got crossed up on a downhill and hit a jump the moment the bike was almost completely parrallel with the peak of the jump. Chip said it was quite spectacular to watch. He said I cartwheeled completely over mid air. I only remember running to shut my bike off and a momentary pause to wipe the mud off my helmet. Sadly my backback took the brunt of the damage and I busted one of the straps.

The best part was when Bill had said he was heading back to camp and we come around the corner to find him in the MX track area. Pfft! Rest my foot - he was practicing his flight skills! After giving us the "hey guys watch this" wave he hits the 20' table tops with all the grace and ease of a 12 year old pro.
Man to be twelve again....wish my body new I was still 12. Can I change my name to Big Air Breeze now?

I got us lost twice - YAY! But sans chip once (Boooo!) but we all met up after a little rest.

We all were groaning by the return trip in the truck mostly the comments were something along the lines of "Ya I have a gym membership, I really need to use it sometime." Yup diet starts tomorrow... Or the next day.

Great ride guys!.[/quote] Great Fun! Lets do it again.

Michael

Erm ... about pictures I took one. Of the truck before we left. Not really exciting sorry.[/quote]
breezeclovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #5823
breezeclovis
"flipper"

OK the quote thing has me confused

It must be the soreness in the body or the altitude from all those 5ft jumps....I jacked up the reply above! Not a very smart man, but I do know what love is (i.e. I think it is a swimsuit model, turkey baster and a can of cream corn). Lots of fun at Hollister! No hassels with Db levels(JP they did not even check---pay $5 enter park). Great Company! My favorite portion was the moaning as we piled food in our mouths from Larry's. All American 24 hour eatery. Chip got an extra two hours sleep (ride home). He kept speaking Italian to us in his sleep? It was weird! The new muffler I purchased worked like a champ throughout the day....It is amazing how you can gain so much power and reduce the Db to 82!

Thanks again Monti and Chip ! Hope more of you fella's can go next time. Thinking about doing Jawbone(dove springs) area in a couple of weeks ---16th, with Chip and K. Not 100% yet! Any takers? We can do a day trip or overnight (Brrrr!).

Cheers,
Bill
Old 01-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #5824
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,619
I am in for the 16th, where ever you guys want to go. Was it crowded at all on sunday?

Quote:
I do know what love is (i.e. I think it is a swimsuit model, turkey baster and a can of cream corn)
???????????
Old 01-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #5825
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
I'm out for the 16th. Cindy and I are going to Vegas for that weekend. Have fun, I head back to Montana for few weeks right after that. BBBRRRR I hear it's cold in Billings this time of year.
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #5826
breezeclovis
"flipper"

16th JAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi
I am in for the 16th, where ever you guys want to go. Was it crowded at all on sunday?

???????????
We will definitely do something on the 16th, kicking around dove springs though(I want to go there)....still have to clear it with the wifey! Not sure what crowded looks like at Hollister....my guess is that it was a medium crowd day. Not to bad.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #5827
PotentialScat
aint

Oddometer: 1,159
Piston should be here any day now. So ... maybe in.

Bill, what pipe did you get?

Chip/lurker, the missus says hi.

centralvalleyds
PotentialScat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #5828
montibank
Happy

Out for the sixteenth... Prior engagement. Buuuuuuuuuut I am free the 15 to ride. I need to replace this countershaft seal and o-ring to make the 530 stop marking its territory first though, and if doing anything offroad its time to can the rear 606. Gimmie a heads up if you got something in mind, I may need some lead time for necessary repairs.

Maybe I should just stay home, I just bought a bunch of slate for the wall in the backyard (thanks for the offer on LIC# stevo I was going to take you up on that - but I got it all on sale for $1.93/ft^2 at Lowes of all places!).

Anyone wanna work for beer?

Hell if you wanna just sit there and drink my beer and keep me company while I work thats cool too!

~

Michael
Old 01-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #5829
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,763
Ben,
Been a long time. Hopefully we can get together for a beer soon. Tell Carina(?) we say hello. Who's doing your engine work for you?

Yeah Bill, what kind of pipe did you get???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotentialScat
Piston should be here any day now. So ... maybe in.

Bill, what pipe did you get?

Chip/lurker, the missus says hi.
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #5830
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip
Old 01-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #5831
breezeclovis
"flipper"

Quote:
Ben,
Been a long time. Hopefully we can get together for a beer soon. Tell Carina(?) we say hello. Who's doing your engine work for you?

It's a stock pipe...I found at clawsons.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #5832
breezeclovis
"flipper"

Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank
Out for the sixteenth... Prior engagement. Buuuuuuuuuut I am free the 15 to ride. I need to replace this countershaft seal and o-ring to make the 530 stop marking its territory first though, and if doing anything offroad its time to can the rear 606. Gimmie a heads up if you got something in mind, I may need some lead time for necessary repairs.

Maybe I should just stay home, I just bought a bunch of slate for the wall in the backyard (thanks for the offer on LIC# stevo I was going to take you up on that - but I got it all on sale for $1.93/ft^2 at Lowes of all places!).

Anyone wanna work for beer? .
when are you doing it? I have to work this weekend?

Hell if you wanna just sit there and drink my beer and keep me company while I work thats cool too!

~

Michael[/quote]
Old 01-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #5833
breezeclovis
"flipper"

Wicked The pipe is just like the one shown here...no name on it! But it works great!

Old 01-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #5834
breezeclovis
"flipper"

It fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezeclovis
I could not believe it fit so snug. The guy at clawsons said it fit perfectly and would give an added bang to the bike.
The guy at clawson said it fits the bike perfectly....he recommended some others for increased performance but....it is amazing how well it fit and the bike runs like new!
Old 01-05-2010, 09:44 PM   #5835
PotentialScat
aint

Oddometer: 1,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezeclovis
when are you doing it? I have to work this weekend?

~

Michael
Keep practicing, Flipper.

But, yeah Michael. When?

Quote:
Been a long time. Hopefully we can get together for a beer soon.
Too long. Hopefully that beer will be after a kick ass ds ride.

Quote:
Who's doing your engine work for you?
My brother in law.

Schedlers will bore the sleeve, once the piston gets here.

centralvalleyds
PotentialScat is offline   Reply With Quote