ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #7066
Whorepedo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi
Kennedy Meadows III (LA Weekend Riders, et al) August 27-29
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602815

Anyone interested in going? It's not too far away & looks like a good time!

I'm free that weekend, but have no truck Need ride......

JP
Ive got a dually truck that can pull any trailer short of a semi, but i dont own a trailer. If we can get someone with a big enough trailer i'd be willing to pull everything down there.

Ive got a long bed with a camper so i can fit plenty of riding gear / camping gear safe and sound.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:26 PM   #7067
poach
Dualsporticus Noobae

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorepedo
can anyone recommend a GOOD place around Lemoore-Hanford to get my fork seals redone?

I just bought a TDM and the seals are shot. Trying to get everything up to speed.

When i say "good" i mean someone that will do a decent job and not rip me off. I dont need a full on race mechanic. Royer is just across the street from me but theyre closing so i dont know if they'd take in any work like that.
http://www.dyngesdyno.com/

Never used the guy, but people I trust speak highly of him. Yeah, I know...Visalia. But pickin's are pretty slim in the Lem/Han area.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #7068
PotentialScat
aint

Oddometer: 1,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp
a good time!
Had to clear it with the boss first ... yes please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpig
No real pain, taking no pain meds.
That's great news mp.

centralvalleyds
PotentialScat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #7069
Whorepedo
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poach
http://www.dyngesdyno.com/

Never used the guy, but people I trust speak highly of him. Yeah, I know...Visalia. But pickin's are pretty slim in the Lem/Han area.
Thanks.

I talked to him last night and was a little disheartened when he had no idea what a TDM was. I'm suppose to take it to him on Saturday morning but im still open to options if anyone knows anyone.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #7070
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,619
Quote:
Ive got a dually truck that can pull any trailer short of a semi, but i dont own a trailer. If we can get someone with a big enough trailer i'd be willing to pull everything down there.

Ive got a long bed with a camper so i can fit plenty of riding gear / camping gear safe and sound.
That sounds great! Can you go all 3 days (Aug 27-29)? I have a couple of probable sources for a bike trailer, I'll make some calls here in the next few days. I'll also coordinate with Ben & see what his exact plans are.

Anyone else interested?

Thanks
Old 07-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #7071
poach
Dualsporticus Noobae

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Thanks.

I talked to him last night and was a little disheartened when he had no idea what a TDM was. I'm suppose to take it to him on Saturday morning but im still open to options if anyone knows anyone.
I had to google it to find out what a TDM is(i guess the title under my username says it all...lol) That's an interesting bike!

Hope things work out...
Old 07-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #7072
Whorepedo
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi
That sounds great! Can you go all 3 days (Aug 27-29)? I have a couple of probable sources for a bike trailer, I'll make some calls here in the next few days. I'll also coordinate with Ben & see what his exact plans are.

Anyone else interested?

Thanks
I found out today i could rent a trailer from MWR on base. Its $40 for a weekend and im not sure how big it is, but i'll find out this afternoon when i go down there to reserve it to use this weekend.

I can haul 4 people in my truck comfortably and a TON of crap in the back. If we get a trailer big enough and more than 4 people want to go i have no problem hauling their crap while they drive and meet us.

I guess i could have the flu on Aug 27. It shouldnt be a big deal.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #7073
PotentialScat
aint

Exact plan?? that's pretty funny.

Since the ac is out in my truck, I'm all for that dually/trailer thing.

Layne, Andrew, c'mon ... you know you wanna do it.

centralvalleyds
Old 07-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #7074
tr1200
High Side

Oddometer: 862
Quote:
Thanks.

Not many know of the TDM. I thought it was an 850cc parallel twin Yamaha that was one of the ancestors to today's adventure steeds. Never got to ride one and only saw one in person in L.A. But kinda like the Cagiva 650 Elephant; you won't find many (even moto-mechanics) who know what they are.

Good luck-
Tom
tr1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #7075
Whorepedo
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1200
Not many know of the TDM. I thought it was an 850cc parallel twin Yamaha that was one of the ancestors to today's adventure steeds. Never got to ride one and only saw one in person in L.A. But kinda like the Cagiva 650 Elephant; you won't find many (even moto-mechanics) who know what they are.

Good luck-
Tom
True. I guess i figure as ignorant as i am to motorcycles and i still know about it, someone who works in the industry should know more than me.

Maybe i just expect too much.

I went to check on the trailer this afternoon and the place closes at 1pm on wednesdays so i'll check tomorrow. They had a couple of larger trailers out there but i dont know whats available for rent. I'll let you guys know tomorrow.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:46 AM   #7076
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotentialScat

I'd like to, but I have two family campouts planned for August already. I still might go, but unlikely
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:00 AM   #7077
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,778
Damn looks fun... Wish I could.

Finger is actually healing really fast - not as bad as I thought. Might be able to do dusy or a trackday as planned. We shall see...
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #7078
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotentialScat

Since the ac is out in my truck, I'm all for that dually/trailer thing.

I'm debating still! If I go I'll ride in with my gear at the last minute so don't count me as IN. My fear is and i'm weary that it's one of those hang out at camp and shoot the breeze all day instead of riding get togethers. i'm naturally weary of bigger events. Maybe Steve and Rob are to blame for molding me into insane layne with a bike brain who likes to ride 18 hours in perril. It's at the end of the month which is bad in my profession and then I need to think: would i rather do a kyack rental weekend with the dog and camp or this from the cash perspective.
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #7079
tr1200
High Side

Oddometer: 862
Quote:
True. I guess i figure as ignorant as i am to motorcycles and i still know about it, someone who works in the industry should know more than me.

Maybe i just expect too much.

I went to check on the trailer this afternoon and the place closes at 1pm on wednesdays so i'll check tomorrow. They had a couple of larger trailers out there but i dont know whats available for rent. I'll let you guys know tomorrow.
FWIW-
I can lend my bike trailer. Small 3-rail open; I've fit 3 streetbikes on it. Let me know.
HST
tr1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #7080
PotentialScat
aint

That's mighty kind of you Tom, thanks.

Quote:
insane layne with a bike brain who likes to ride 18 hours in perril.
We'll create our own peril if it turns into a sit around & bs session. Let us know if you decide to ride ... we'll carry some fuel for you.

Andrew, I can relate. Been camping or out of town every weekend this summer. I'm tired and beat up ... but winter is long and boring.

Mike, the dusy was still closed as of last weekend. So was Brewer and Swamp. Starting to wonder if they'll ever open this year.

centralvalleyds