ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2010, 08:14 AM   #7516
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,174
Millwood OHV ride tommorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi
Sounds good, I look forward to meeting you!

JP
JP, are there any more riders going tommorrow? Perry
Old 11-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #7517
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance
JP, are there any more riders going tommorrow? Perry
At the moment it looks like only 3 total, counting you. I talked to PotentialScat on wednesday & he said he was riding on saturday, but he hasn't posted up an "in" response yet.........

JP
Old 11-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #7518
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Millwood OHV ride tommorrow

Quote:
At the moment it looks like only 3 total, counting you. I talked to PotentialScat on wednesday & he said he was riding on saturday, but he hasn't posted up an "in" response yet.........

JP
Ok, I might have one or two more riders, I'll post when I know for sure. Have you ridden the single track trails up there? PV
Old 11-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #7519
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,761
Quote:
Ok, I might have one or two more riders, I'll post when I know for sure. Have you ridden the single track trails up there? PV
Well if you see a kid on a yellow lt80 and a real asshole yelling at him on a KTM that'll be me.

I doubt we will be doing anything difficult. This is his second time riding it. The last time was out at pismo.

~

Michael
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:06 PM   #7520
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
The more the merrier!

I've ridden a bunch of the trails up there, but I'm not sure if I'd consider what I rode to be single track....I like the big loop where you cross mill creek & there is like 50 jumps heading up hill!

JP
Old 11-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #7521
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip
Gonna do a long ride around CA, NV, AZ, etc. next week. Leaving possibly wednesday or definetely thursday, coming back sunday but possibly monday. Camping, etc, if anyone wants to join... feel free.
sounds fantastic man you two have fun.
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:22 AM   #7522
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Thumb let's ride

Quote:
The more the merrier!

I've ridden a bunch of the trails up there, but I'm not sure if I'd consider what I rode to be single track....I like the big loop where you cross mill creek & there is like 50 jumps heading up hill!

JP
JP, I'll be heading toward Clovis @ 7:00 solo, see you @ Ashlan & Fowler Valero station around 9:00. Perry
Old 11-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #7523
montibank
Happy

Thumb

Nice meetin ya Perry,

Jp - was killing me that I couldn't ride out with you two... But you got the hell outa dodge in good time. Started raining soon after and enfocement was making rounds - I gots me a written warnin. The guy was nice, I had my pink slip but not my registration for the LT80 (oops) no biggie. Just gotta get to the DMV next week sometime to get it straightened out.

~

Michael
Old 11-07-2010, 09:40 AM   #7524
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Laugh Saturday's Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank
Nice meetin ya Perry,

Jp - was killing me that I couldn't ride out with you two... But you got the hell outa dodge in good time. Started raining soon after and enfocement was making rounds - I gots me a written warnin. The guy was nice, I had my pink slip but not my registration for the LT80 (oops) no biggie. Just gotta get to the DMV next week sometime to get it straightened out.

~

Michael
Michael, nice meeting you too, next time we meet, lets ride! JP took us on some great tracks that were new to me and close to home, it's amazing how much good riding we have right in our own backyard. I rode home through Sequoia NP to Three Rivers and was stuck in freezing rain for over an hour until I started down the hill. FS road 14S36 got a little muddy and I spun a 180 lowside lay down @ 20mph! The bike was pointing the direction I was coming from with the front wheel off the edge of the road. I'm glad it was a soft muddy landing!The Pirelli on the back is not a great mud tire, felt like a flat tracker for a moment. I was okay and the bike just earned a few battle scars. Until next time... Thanks JP, let's ride again soon, PV
Old 11-07-2010, 11:51 AM   #7525
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Yesterday's ride was a great! The weather was good, the lower dirt was a little dry, but didn't produce any significant dust, and we didn't see any rain until we got to Millwood.

Perry, it was nice meeting & riding with you, and I look forward to the next one. Sorry to hear about your lowside, but glad to hear you weren't injured.

Michael, I think we saw the same law enforcement officer, except I almost ended up as the hood ornament on his truck. We kind of met at a bad spot coming around a real tight corner and couldn't see each other until it was too late. Luckily I was hugging the inside good & just steered into the dirt to get by within what felt like inches!

Pine Flat Res.

Photoshopped pic looking towards the lower dinkey creek drainage.

Perry on the KTM640.

Rd split on Sycamore Springs rd

Balch Camp-PG&E hydroelectric project looking down from Sycamore springs rd.

Stopped at the Kings River for a break before heading up to Millwood.

We found Monti & Nephew at Millwood OHV........just before the rain started.

JP
Old 11-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #7526
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Yesterday's ride was a great! The weather was good, the lower dirt was a little dry, but didn't produce any significant dust, and we didn't see any rain until we got to Millwood.

Perry, it was nice meeting & riding with you, and I look forward to the next one. Sorry to hear about your lowside, but glad to hear you weren't injured.

Michael, I think we saw the same law enforcement officer, except I almost ended up as the hood ornament on his truck. We kind of met at a bad spot coming around a real tight corner and couldn't see each other until it was too late. Luckily I was hugging the inside good & just steered into the dirt to get by within what felt like inches!

Pine Flat Res.

Photoshopped pic looking towards the lower dinkey creek drainage.

Perry on the KTM640.

Rd split on Sycamore Springs rd

Balch Camp-PG&E hydroelectric project looking down from Sycamore springs rd.

Stopped at the Kings River for a break before heading up to Millwood.

We found Monti & Nephew at Millwood OHV........just before the rain started.

JP
JP, Nice ride report and pics! I think I'll slap some 606's on the KTM for the winter months, need more traction. Do you have some lower elevation routes up your sleeve for when the higher stuff is closed out? Big Creek, Dinkey, Sycamore & Baltch camp were tons of fun! I'll work on recruiting some riders for the next ride. PV
Old 11-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #7527
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
JP, Nice ride report and pics! I think I'll slap some 606's on the KTM for the winter months, need more traction. Do you have some lower elevation routes up your sleeve for when the higher stuff is closed out? Big Creek, Dinkey, Sycamore & Baltch camp were tons of fun! I'll work on recruiting some riders for the next ride. PV
There is more low alt dirt north of where we entered Big Creek rd that is a lot of fun.....Sycamore Indian Res, Soaproot Saddle, Barnes mountian. I need to scout for some more winter dirt for sure.......

JP
Old 11-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #7528
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,763
Scouting

JP, let me know when your next scouting mission will be. I'll attempt to hang with you on the X. I felt fine during our hollister ride so I think I'm ready for some trails around here. I'm out of town over T-day week (possible Baja trip), Then again Dec 3-9. But after that, I'm good.

Weekend of Dec 11-12 might be a great time to head to the desert. I'm off Fridays, Anyone interested???
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #7529
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Talking scout mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip
JP, let me know when your next scouting mission will be. I'll attempt to hang with you on the X. I felt fine during our hollister ride so I think I'm ready for some trails around here. I'm out of town over T-day week (possible Baja trip), Then again Dec 3-9. But after that, I'm good.

Weekend of Dec 11-12 might be a great time to head to the desert. I'm off Fridays, Anyone interested???
I'm in for a scouting trip, and a trip to the dez would be nice, too... I've got a trailer and crew cab, share fuel costs anyone? The next time we meet up for a ride I'd like to pick a location in the hills like Squaw Valley or ? too much flat and straight slab into Clovis.

pcvance screwed with this post 11-09-2010 at 05:24 PM
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:45 PM   #7530
montibank
Happy

Quote:
...a trip to the dez would be nice, too... I've got a trailer and crew cab, share fuel costs anyone?
We have been beating around the bush about one ... Fuel share option works great with me.

Should we start talking which weekends work best? I imagine the first weekend in december or mid-january are my only hope. Thanksgiving weekend I would get castrated if I even suggested I wanted to ride. Could we put one together in the next two weeks? What is weather like right now?