ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #7546
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Motorcycle racing at fresno fairgrounds..

Anybody going?

Motorcycle Races (Fresno Fairgrounds)

Date: 2010-11-11, 11:40AM PST
Reply to: sale-canrk-2054835736@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Indoor short track racing this Saturday, November 13, at the Fresno Fairgrounds Livestock Building. Motorcycle and Quad classes. Class C and Open Traction. Sign-ups start at 2:00 p.m., practice at 4:00 p.m., racing from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. $10 total access pass to racing and pits. $35 first class sign-up, $25 second class same bike. Open A Money Race.

mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #7547
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpig
Anybody going?

Motorcycle Races (Fresno Fairgrounds)

Date: 2010-11-11, 11:40AM PST
Reply to: sale-canrk-2054835736@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Indoor short track racing this Saturday, November 13, at the Fresno Fairgrounds Livestock Building. Motorcycle and Quad classes. Class C and Open Traction. Sign-ups start at 2:00 p.m., practice at 4:00 p.m., racing from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. $10 total access pass to racing and pits. $35 first class sign-up, $25 second class same bike. Open A Money Race.

Thanks for posting this up Mudpig, I had not heard anything about it. I might take my boy.....

JP
Old 11-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #7548
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi
After a fair amount of web surfing while at work yesterday, my vote goes to Randsburg.......Spangler Hills OHV is only 10 miles north of there which makes it easily accessible if we want to check it out.

JP
Hmmm... Randsburg, ok that makes 3, anyone else want in?
Old 11-12-2010, 09:09 AM   #7549
MisteriosoAdversario
¡Ay Mi Dios!

Oddometer: 11
Glad to see there are some central valley dual sporters here! I am getting my license next week and hoping to buy either a DR650 or a KLR650. I was originally hesitant to get a dual sport since I only have one friend who has one, but if there is an entire club devoted to it in the Central Valley.....
Old 11-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #7550
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Laugh Welcome Mr A

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisteriosoAdversario
Glad to see there are some central valley dual sporters here! I am getting my license next week and hoping to buy either a DR650 or a KLR650. I was originally hesitant to get a dual sport since I only have one friend who has one, but if there is an entire club devoted to it in the Central Valley.....
Welcome to ADV & CVDS Mr A, Come ride with us, If your're look'in for a bike , I have a real nice, ready to ride XR650L with some nice farkles for $2700.00. PM me if you want to check it out. I'm in Visalia, Perry

pcvance screwed with this post 11-12-2010 at 11:16 PM
pcvance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #7551
MisteriosoAdversario
¡Ay Mi Dios!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance
Welcome to CVDS Mr A, Come ride with us, If your're look'in for a bike , I have a real nice, ready to ride XR650L with some farkles for $2700.00. PM me if you want to check it out. I'm in Visalia, Perry
I will have to check my finances and see if I can swing that in cash. I was going to find a used one at Wilson's or Clawson and finance it, and then pay it off after a few months. But you offer a considerably better deal, I will take this in to consideration!
Old 11-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #7552
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Question xr650l

Quote:
I will have to check my finances and see if I can swing that in cash. I was going to find a used one at Wilson's or Clawson and finance it, and then pay it off after a few months. But you offer a considerably better deal, I will take this in to consideration!
Ok,great, I can show you the bike, you can test ride it , just let me know when. I'll be around this weekend.You can view the bike on Craigslist, just search (Honda XR) on Visalia-Tulare Craigslist. Perry

pcvance screwed with this post 11-12-2010 at 02:12 PM
pcvance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #7553
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip
I'm good for Dec 10-12. After that I'm out until after the new year. I'm going to try to go on that weekend. I'll talk to bill and see if he's in as well. I bet JP's in because I tallied up the weekends and made sure that was a good one for him. That leaves:
Ben,
High Side Tom,
Dwight,
Monti,
Lane,
Jeff,
Tanner,
Rob,
Steve,
OptoPilot,
pcvance,
wk2surf (if his bike and body are intact),
Redwave Dave
GForce
and Tarmacter if he isn't frozen to a tree somewhere in AK.
a strong maybe
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #7554
MikeinFresno
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
Im gonna try n go. I have LOTS of years riding the Spangler area so I can take us on a good loop there. Maybe my wife too.
MikeinFresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:26 PM   #7555
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsellers
a strong maybe
Ok, that makes 3 & 2 maybes, is that enough to start an offical thread for a December 10-12 desert ride @ Randsburg? anyone else want in?
Old 11-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #7556
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinFresno
Im gonna try n go. I have LOTS of years riding the Spangler area so I can take us on a good loop there. Maybe my wife too.
Im in for the Dirt Bike ride...not the scenic tour
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:10 PM   #7557
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,745
Quote:
I bought my first dualsport on a pre-approved loan from a credit union. Got the approval, bought it on a credit card (to get the points for travel) paid off the credit the same week with the loan.

I thinking the loan was at 6% and payments were under $100 mo. At that rate a bike that gets 50 mpg buys itself in gas savings very quickly vs. 12 mpg.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #7558
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance
Hmmm... Randsburg, ok that makes 3, anyone else want in?
Checked my schedule, looks like im out for multiday rides through mid-january. BAH!

Yall have fun.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:16 PM   #7559
MisteriosoAdversario
¡Ay Mi Dios!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank
I bought my first dualsport on a pre-approved loan from a credit union. Got the approval, bought it on a credit card (to get the points for travel) paid off the credit the same week with the loan.

I thinking the loan was at 6% and payments were under $100 mo. At that rate a bike that gets 50 mpg buys itself in gas savings very quickly vs. 12 mpg.
Damn thats a pretty good idea, that would get me a lot of points on my Marriott card!
Old 11-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #7560
MikeinFresno
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
some rocks, some whoops, some sand, some more whoops, ]sandy rolling hill trail with nice throttle on to make it up, etc.
MikeinFresno is offline   Reply With Quote