ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #7591
2old2race
I wana ride

Oddometer: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1200
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Cey...eature=related

a little clip from a few years back. the #57 bike at the beginning (rear-facing camera) is Toye I believe.
Cheers
Hey Tom

Bob
'08 KLR650
'07 Tiger 1050 - Gone
'98 XR440 - Getting a frame up rebuild
'89 XR250 - Needs a Lic Plate
2old2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:46 PM   #7592
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,540
Wicked Randsburg ride December 10TH-12TH

Looks like we have 5 on the IN list with 3 on maybe list so far....anyone else? Chip says the football field is a great place to camp.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:10 PM   #7593
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip
KTM entered a bike in the baja 1000, it made it 250 miles before the engine blew.
Heh I don't doubt it. Sounds about right, but was that a sponsored KTM vehicle (aka team KTM) or like an urban legend usually begins was that some dude that has his head up his arse enters un-sponsored with 16k miles on the top end of his 525?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance
Looks like we have 5 on the IN list with 3 on maybe list so far....anyone else? Chip says the football field is a great place to camp.
K, if you leave on the ninth AND you have the room AND I wont be taking someone else's spot I might be able to have you trailer my gear/machine out there, ride the CBR out there with ya on the 10th, pack up the 530 and gear on the 10th camp that night with ya then make tracks early on the 11th (and have who ever is trailering haul my gear back to be recovered later) to be home in time for familial obligations. I will post on the other thread when I know for sure.

Do you have an enclosed trailer PCVance or an open trailer?

~

Michael

montibank screwed with this post 11-20-2010 at 11:17 PM
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:25 AM   #7594
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,763
Mike, there is actually an article about it online, i don't have the link though. KTM wouldn't sponsor the team, just like they wouldn't sponsor the guys for the "long way round" movie. So a plumbing co. and others such as FMF and a couple more helped these guys along. They had 5 very experienced riders for the team, and a complete crew, tons of work to the bike, and so forth. Long story short, if the team didn't win, then it was all for nothing, sad story actually, because a small time plumber lost big on this one.
At least they tried though. Kawasaki didn't even enter a bike this year after last years 20 second loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank
Heh I don't doubt it. Sounds about right, but was that a sponsored KTM vehicle (aka team KTM) or like an urban legend usually begins was that some dude that has his head up his arse enters un-sponsored with 16k miles on the top end of his 525?

K, if you leave on the ninth AND you have the room AND I wont be taking someone else's spot I might be able to have you trailer my gear/machine out there, ride the CBR out there with ya on the 10th, pack up the 530 and gear on the 10th camp that night with ya then make tracks early on the 11th (and have who ever is trailering haul my gear back to be recovered later) to be home in time for familial obligations. I will post on the other thread when I know for sure.

Do you have an enclosed trailer PCVance or an open trailer?

~

Michael
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #7595
tr1200
High Side

Oddometer: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2old2race
Hey Tom
Hey Bob, long time brother! I've been busier than the proverbial one-legged man........but we should hook up for another ride; maybe Rio in May? I'm going to try and make Dec 10-12 with these miscreants, provided I have time to get a bike going.
Cheers-
Tom
tr1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #7596
tr1200
High Side

Oddometer: 862
Qe2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUY16CkS-k

I love it whan someone makes complex issues simpler and easy to digest .
tr1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #7597
Scrambleon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Last Tues. I finally made the trip from Soaproot Saddle out through Sycamore. Nice! The creek crossing looked very familiar from some of the videos. Just alot less water. Sycamore is only about 5 min from my house so this is going to be my quick access to the dirt in the future.

JP thanks for the heads up on this.

Been gone the last couple of weeks raising hell with the Elk in CO. Ready to do some mud flinging. Let me know when you guys are going back out for the low elevation dirt.

Scrambleon
Scrambleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:34 PM   #7598
redwave
sue eee! (Pig Man)

Oddometer: 447
Hi Y'all

Finally got a stinkin' job in So. Cal. for awhile. Lots of over$ime , maybe till around Christmas. So I won't be riding with ya soon but I'll be back and we might do some low elevation- say, Raymond?

ride hard ride fast don't break anything...

Dave
Old 11-22-2010, 08:38 AM   #7599
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,517
Ben & I did some low alt riding on Friday before the storms rolled through........weather & conditions were perfect! We rode Ashlan, Maxon, Trimmer Springs & hit dirt at Big Creek rd. Explored some off shoots on Soaproot Saddle & then out to Sycamore Creek & the Indian Res for the way home.......

JP
Old 11-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #7600
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi
Ben & I did some low alt riding on Friday before the storms rolled through........weather & conditions were perfect! We rode Ashlan, Maxon, Trimmer Springs & hit dirt at Big Creek rd. Explored some off shoots on Soaproot Saddle & then out to Sycamore Creek & the Indian Res for the way home.......

JP
Looks like a nice ride, sucks I had to be at work.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:59 PM   #7601
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwave
I'll be back and we might do some low elevation- say, Raymond?
I got another MT60 mounted for that very purpose. Raymond = low elevation dirty fire road and lots a slab. I wanna drift on those roads this time around!

I was out there last spring - there are a few rolling hills that you can get airborne off of - aughta be a BLAST on the sumo kit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance
Looks like a nice ride, sucks I had to be at work.
Ditto -

Did you get out saturday? I wouldn't have made it - I was at mom's all weekend moving.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #7602
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank
I got another MT60 mounted for that very purpose. Raymond = low elevation dirty fire road and lots a slab. I wanna drift on those roads this time around!

I was out there last spring - there are a few rolling hills that you can get airborne off of - aughta be a BLAST on the sumo kit.

Ditto -

Did you get out saturday? I wouldn't have made it - I was at mom's all weekend moving.
Nah, the snotty weather kept me off the bike.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #7603
chip
Follow Me

i made it about 10 miles out of town yesterday before the rain hit me. Sucks. But I'm heading to San Felipe tomorrow for 5 days of Baja, so I'm good.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #7604
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip
i made it about 10 miles out of town yesterday before the rain hit me. Sucks. But I'm heading to San Felipe tomorrow for 5 days of Baja, so I'm good.
You dog! Baja, good riding!
Old 11-23-2010, 04:43 AM   #7605
chip
Follow Me

Truck loaded, heading south. You cats have a great Thanksgiving. Wait... waiting for my wife to blow dry her hair still......