ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2011, 07:55 PM   #9796
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
just picked up some new knee pads yesterday. needed them after scott roosted the bejesus out of my knee cap.

ksenija is in too.
yeah, knee pads are mandatory for me now.

k is coming, cool
Old 12-31-2011, 10:39 PM   #9797
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,225
Quote:
i was just thinking about that and wondering how it was healing. Tecate to La Paz in April.... working on the logistics.
no my son.. Tecate to Cabo.. I told you to wear knee guards and if you can get em thru work's doctors get knee braces like CTI or Donjoy with patella cups for ridng..

Now do we have some people to chase Cevquit, Maybe Chip and Myself on the Mexican 1000??

April 28, 2012Sign in, technical and safety inspection, vintage category impound (car show) and autograph session in the bull ring in Mexicali. Vintage cars will be released from impound in the late afternoon (Vintage impound is a mandatory media event for entries in the Vintage categories). All competitors must sign the release of liability in order to receive the wristband. Wristbands must be shown at the start of each Special Stage throughout the event.
April 29, 2012Mexicali to Bahia de Los Angeles
April 30, 2012 Bahia de Los Angeles to Loreto
May 1, 2012Loreto to La Paz
May 2, 2012La Paz to San Jose del Cabo. Awards ceremony will follow that afternoon/evening at the Cabo Azul Resort in San Jose del Cabo.

NORRA Announces Official Dates for 2012 Mexican 1000 Rally!

December 20 2011: After months of careful planning and cooperative efforts with Mexican officials and several potential corporate partners, the National Off Road Racing Association (NORRA) today announced the official dates for the 2012 Mexican 1000 Rally as April 28 – May 2, 2012. The new time slot not only reflects a change in the event’s overall formatting, but were necessitated by NORRA’s desire to avoid a conflict with another off-road race promoter over the Rally’s original May 5 - May 9, 2012 date.
Dubbed the “Happiest Race on Earth,” the unique off-road rally was created by promoter Mike Pearlman in 2010. The one-of-a-kind, once-a-year, four day rally includes vintage off-road vehicles and motorcycles, rally cars, a limited number of modern desert racecars and classes for prerunner trucks and buggies. Pearlman’s late father Ed and others established the first running of the NORRA Mexican 1000 off-road rally in November of 1967, which eventually became internationally recognized and evolved into the Baja 1000 in the mid-1970s.
Unlike the first two Mexican 1000s, the rally will be held starting on a weekend instead of mid-week to allow more spectator interaction and to provide participants the chance to enjoy the rally within one full calendar week. The 2012 proceedings will begin with a technical inspection/car show at the historic bull ring in downtown Mexicali on Saturday, April 28. The first stage of the rally itself will depart Mexicali on Sunday, April 29 and is planned to end in San Jose del Cabo on May 2, 2012.
Event Registration to Open New Year’s Day!
With the dates now solidified, NORRA will open online registration to all participants for the 2012 Mexican 1000 on Sunday, January 1. In addition, an updated Mexican 1000 Website will be unveiled on New Year’s day as well.
“We are very pleased to have the 2012 dates finally secured and our event soon open for registration,” explained Pearlman. “Unfortunately, our original dates needed modification to help accommodate Casey Folks and his Best-In-The-Desert (BITD) organization’s new sanctioning of next year’s General Tire Mint 400. While our two events are very different, we not only have competitors that wish to compete in both, but we want to continue our positive relationship with Best In The Desert.”

Baja champion
Larry Roeseler
Photo by Boyd Jaynes
Registration will be open to all automobiles and motorcycles that meet basic safety standards as outlined the new NORRA rulebook (currently available at the www.mexican1000.website). Although the spotlight will remain squarely on vintage machinery, NORRA has added several new categories for modern and vintage rally cars as well as some for modern desert racing machinery, 4x4s, dune buggies, and ATVs and motorcycles of all types and ages. Each day of the rally consists of special stages (unlimited speed timed stages in the dirt) linked together by controlled speed liaison / transit sections (highway).
While still a competitively timed event, all entries will enjoy the same course, beautiful Baja scenery and group festivities. In addition, the NORRA organization is working to greatly enhance one of the Mexican 1000’s most distinguishing elements – the rally’s camaraderie, hospitality and fun.
Despite official entries not being officially open until January 1, it is expected that many of the rally’s most distinguished racers – a list that included Bob Gordon, Walker Evans, Parnelli Jones, Malcolm Smith, Bud Feldkamp, Frank “Butch” Arciero, Larry Roeseler, Michael Gaughan and others will return for the 2012 rally.
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:58 PM   #9798
Scrambleon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Ok Josh, see ya there. (got elk sticks?)
Of course!
Scrambleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #9799
redwave
sue eee! (Pig Man)

Oddometer: 448
Dang-- I'lll miss the 1st ride of the year, but,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambleon View Post
Of course!
elk sticks too--

Happy New Year all you f'in Freaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #9800
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,739
Happy new year!
montibank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #9801
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
Happy New Year!
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #9802
piedralone
SoilSampleCollecter

Oddometer: 157
Happy new year!!!! I am healing!!!
piedralone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #9803
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,763
Yes. Cabo will be included, but we are going to stay in La Paz. Can't do chase, I'm out of town that weekend.
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #9804
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,763
great ride yesterday... after it warmed up. missed those that couldn't make it.
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #9805
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Got home late from the coast last night. Got all my new parts today - super excited to put the DR all back together and I ruined one of the brand spankin new parts I just bought for the DR. Bah! Now I gotta scramble to get it back together tomorrow so I can take it to work Wednesday :|
Old 01-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #9806
montibank
Happy

Does this make my ass look fat?

Next up bearings for the hub and figure out how to make the chain guide fit...
Old 01-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #9807
montibank
Happy

Cool2 DvD Route 178 to 190???

Ohhhh please let the weather hold out!!!!

As of yesterday 190 was still clear if we git lucky we can run 178 to 190 over. Beautiful route ... Keepin my fingers crossed.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #9808
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,948
New Year Ride to SNM

Quote:
Yes it was.....pics anyone? I'm working on mine. That knarly rocky hill climb was fun.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #9809
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,540
New years day

It was a great ride, got to explore some new dirt Good to see everyone that was there, and nice to meet you Greg, hope to see you on some more rides.

Woodlake meeting spot

First dirt

I think Perry got soaked pretty good here

JP
Old 01-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #9810
Scrambleon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Thumb

What a great way to start the new year!

Perry, Thanks for being the trail master and showing us some new areas. I wish I got some pics of the knarly rocky hill climb. I guess I was too busy holding on.

I was up at Shaver Lake and Dinkey Creek areas yesterday, and there was more snow than we saw all day on the 1st. Still not enough snow to stop you from riding though.

Scrambleon
Scrambleon is offline   Reply With Quote