ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #9871
GreeNug
210x2

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
I thought about it for about 2 seconds Saturday morning, but I was riding up & it was still cold out. I left Fresno around 10am & headed for North Fork, but only made it as far as a friends ranch when I found out they were having a BBQ. So I never made it up to Whiskey, and just rode single track covered with poo instead (horse trails). Hopefully we can meet up & ride one of these days before too long.....

JP
Hey, poo covered single track is still single track! haha.

It was definitely COLD, even with the late meetup time. The trails were a bit dusty and there are already a few trees down but still got in a good amount of single track. Good time to do it as it will all be under snow here shortly.

No helmet cam footage this time, my current computer has been crashing bad so I haven't been shooting that much until I get my new one built.
GreeNug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #9872
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,588
DV Daze is almost here, just ordered some Michelin T-63's (never used them before) for $60 each I will never be able to put 606's on my bike now that they are near $100 each . Have my fingers crossed for no rain......we'll see how that 10 day forecast starts to take shape soon

T-63 rear
Old 01-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #9873
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,765
Quote:
DV Daze is almost here, just ordered some Michelin T-63's (never used them before) for $60 each I will never be able to put 606's on my bike now that they are near $100 each . Have my fingers crossed for no rain......we'll see how that 10 day forecast starts to take shape soon

T-63 rear
Those DOT?

Thats a good price if so... Keep us posted.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #9874
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Those DOT?

Thats a good price if so... Keep us posted.
Yep....you can see the DOT marking in the pic just below the passenger peg pivot.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #9875
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
Eek

[QUOTE=JPaccassi;17792969]DV Daze is almost here, just ordered some Michelin T-63's (never used them before) for $60 each I will never be able to put 606's on my bike now that they are near $100 each

Just paid $135 for a front 908. Crazy!
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #9876
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerman View Post
I need to get a second job... Can't afford to ride as is...

Anyone need a folklift driver? Backflow device tester? Domestic water sampling technician? Certified lead sampling technician? Trained shit shoveler?

I think I am going to make a hobo sign and just hang out in front of cycle gear after work that will read:

"Will work for cycle gear giftcards"
Old 01-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #9877
montibank
Happy

Laugh

Spent most of the day packing yesterday... Just a little more to go... This week is going to be one of the longest 4 day weeks in recorded history at work :p
Old 01-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #9878
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,763
Quote:
That's actually a great price for the 908.

JP, I've run those Mich tires. That is what I was running when we camped up in Sequoia last fall. They worked fine for me.

Ben, looks like they closed the 120 a day or so after we crossed it. Glad we chose to go that way.
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #9879
montibank
Happy

Extra Pair of Rain pants - Justin?

Looks like it might rain friday morning on our way out. I have an extra set of rain pants if ya wanna borrow em JP.

They are patched but fairly water proof, over pant mx style... Think like tarps with elastic at the waist and bottoms.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #9880
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Looks like it might rain friday morning on our way out. I have an extra set of rain pants if ya wanna borrow em JP.

They are patched but fairly water proof, over pant mx style... Think like tarps with elastic at the waist and bottoms.
I've got a pair, thanks for offering, and thanks for the reminder of rain, I need to go pick up a cheap waterproof stuff sack. I got an REI gift card for xmas so I went looking for cold weather gear yesterday & found a nice thick balaclava, should keep my head toasty, now I just need something for my hands. Hopefully I can take care of that problem with my Big 5 gift card
Old 01-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #9881
montibank
Happy

Quote:
I've got a pair, thanks for offering, and thanks for the reminder of rain, I need to go pick up a cheap waterproof stuff sack. I got an REI gift card for xmas so I went looking for cold weather gear yesterday & found a nice thick balaclava, should keep my head toasty, now I just need something for my hands. Hopefully I can take care of that problem with my Big 5 gift card
Hah... I bought black trash bags. Riding over in my skiing gloves I think - depends how hard it is to use the levers in them.

montibank screwed with this post 01-22-2012 at 04:25 PM
Old 01-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #9882
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,513
what a great sight!
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #9883
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,763
JP, save your gift card, I have all the waterproof stuff you need.
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #9884
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,246
Quote:
Hah... I bought black trash bags. Riding over in my skiing gloves I think - depends how hard it is to use the levers in them.

Nice load Mike! I have a nice dirt route planned from Cal City to Furnace Creek if you and JP want to join me. It's 150+ miles of dirt. I'm trailering the bike to Cal City and riding from there... You guys can put some of your stuff in the truck if want, call me later. Perry Hey Ben, are you coming?
Old 01-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #9885
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

I would ditch the gas can for sure, there's gas in Furnace creek. I have a few guesses as to what's in front of the gas can under the garbage bag........bird cage, tortoise trap, phonograph ?? .....I give up, is it a generator