ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #10006
pcvance
Masters Paint & Body

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
There are a couple places right out of ridgecrest. I listed a few campsites a couple days ago. wagon wheel was one of them and prospectors another. I'll look at my jawbone map again and post tonight. Probably head out saturday early instead of leaving after work on friday.

Did anyone see that CL ad for the two DRZe's and trailer for $5500obo? Sounds like a smokin deal. Wish I had garage space...

Also, Bill Breeze has his 08 KLX450R for sale with gear, he said he'd give it to me for $3k. Bike is a cherry and set up nicely. Let me know if any of you are interested. Another guy at my work has a KTM 04 400exc for sale for like $1500, set up nice from what he said. If you want any details let me know.
Yes please, details on the 400...
Old 02-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #10007
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,639
Quote:
Another guy at my work has a KTM 04 400exc for sale for like $1500, set up nice from what he said. If you want any details let me know.
Details please...

And that's sad about Bill. Is he gettin out of ridin completely or going for something plated?
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #10008
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Raw video clip from Titus Canyon, we were racing down the canyon in neutral with our motors off........good times!

ahaha video rocks thanks for posting!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #10009
pcvance
Masters Paint & Body

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
if anybody knows anybody looking:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=761524

I've got to get this death trap out of my garage. $3k to anyone on this thread...
Chip, I have a real nice CRF 450R i'll trade for the deathtrap VFR800.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #10010
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,758
I've got $4k into the viffer... just saw your text. I'm thinking of something I can cruise across the country on comfortably. Like a GS or something... or maybe a klr.
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #10011
chip
Follow Me

I'll get more details about the katoom.

Bill is deploying. I might be storing the bike if it doesn't sell. He'll let the bike go for $3k. It is cherry that's for sure. When he gets back he want's something street legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Details please...

And that's sad about Bill. Is he gettin out of ridin completely or going for something plated?
Old 02-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #10012
montibank
Happy

Quote:
I'll get more details about the katoom.

Bill is deploying. I might be storing the bike if it doesn't sell. He'll let the bike go for $3k. It is cherry that's for sure. When he gets back he want's something street legal.
Yay! So we arent losing a rider, flipper is fun to ride with.

Speaking of not riding .... I think I took the KTM 4 times last year :(
Old 02-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #10013
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 551
Hi all, new here and pretty new to two wheels as well. Im in Clovis and currently have a garage full of quads, I just bought a closeout '11 TE449 in Prescott and am headed over to pick it up this weekend. I cant wait!
Anyhows, we (the family) ride up at Miami and all over the Sierras when we can on the quads. Never been to Hollister or the desert but that is about to change. I had a XR650L for a little while but I sold that before I really learned how to handle it.

Anybody that is willing to take a rank beginner along on some local rides while hes learning the bike, Im your guy!

Looking foward to some DS runs in the future. Looks like an active group here.

Jeff
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #10014
Scrambleon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Thumb

Jeff,

Welcome to the group. These guys and gals are a good group to ride with. They know the area from Madera Co. to Tulare Co. very well. I am one of the new guys and they haven't lead me astray yet! Looking forward to meeting you out on the trail one of these days.

Scrambleon
Scrambleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #10015
chip
Follow Me

well jeff, it just so happens a few of us are heading out to the dez next weekend. Pace will be slowerish, for me at least. Feel free to jump on that trip. Will be a fun filled weekend with good riding, good people, good food, good beer, and some good war stories i'm sure, because everyone of us has been busted up over the last couple years.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #10016
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Actually, Im already on the fence about going, some co-workers are heading out and my original plan was to haul the quads out there and antagonize my two-wheeled brethern. I havent make reservations yet as Im not 100% sure Im going.

Now that I will have a sparkly new two-wheeled machine by then, Im really debating just taking all the toys out there if I can swing it. (Guess i can still antagonize my quad hating buddies anyhow)

Like I said. Im new- to-two, so Im a bit apprehensive about a new unbroken in bike out there and.
Dove Springs is where my co-workers are going, does that sound right?

Thanks for the invite, I think it will all depnd on how I feel after the drive to Prescott and back.

Decisions decisions....

McKay screwed with this post 02-10-2012 at 01:40 PM Reason: Spelling sucks
Old 02-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #10017
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
Actually, Im already on the fence about going, some co-workers are heading out and my original plan was to haul the quads out there and antagonize my two-wheeled brethern. I havent make reservations yet as Im not 100% sure Im going.

Now that I will have a sparkly new two-wheeled machine by then, Im really debating just taking all the toys out there if I can swing it. (Guess i can still antagonize my quad hating buddies anyhow)

Like I said. Im new- to-two, so Im a bit apprehensive about a new unbroken in bike out there and.
Dove Springs is where my co-workers are going, does that sound right?

Thanks for the invite, I think it will all depnd on how I feel after the drive to Prescott and back.

Decisions decisions....
Sooo... the TE plated?
Old 02-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #10018
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Will be by Thursday.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #10019
chip
Follow Me

TEs are plated.

We'll be right around the corner from Dove Springs. We go there quite often so we're trying out another spot for a change.

Also, there is a bunch of chill roads/trails out there. It's probably one of the most forgiving places to break in a bike or get your feet wet. If you're feeling good you can step it up or you can just chill.

Just a tip though, when you get in deep soft sand, you need to stand up and stay on the gas. As soon as you let off, you're going to come to a stop. Stay off the front brake or you will dish.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #10020
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Just a tip though, when you get in deep soft sand, you need to stand up and stay on the gas. As soon as you let off, you're going to come to a stop. Stay off the front brake or you will dish.
And move your ass back on the seat. Front end getting wobble? Accelerate, hard and briefly to bring the front end up. Wap wap wap... Or WFO haha. Tip: you need to be in a gear/throttle band at a point that you can wheelie in the sand. If you can't wheelie in 4th gear stay in third and slow down to where you can. Tip on previous tip - don't wheelie... Just lift the front tire out of the sand and set it down gently on top of the sand.

Chipper - no phone call? Wheel balancing?

Anyone going to Arena Cross tomorrow? Taking my daughter for some fuel and fire daddy daughter time.

Quote:
well jeff, it just so happens a few of us are heading out to the dez next weekend.
Anyone that can't make this wilson's is doing their customer appreciation ride the following weekend:

http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/f...postcount=1008

montibank screwed with this post 02-10-2012 at 05:00 PM