ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #10531
WoodsChick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
2011 te449, Kickstand is OK so far, it is injected and it it didnt come alive until i took the cat out and put a tuner on it. I really like it.
I had the opportunity to ride a new 449 and 511 (and about 7 other brand new Huskys ) last October and really liked the 449 a lot. I liked it better than the 511. I really wish I could justify buying one but I just can't. At least, not yet

WoodsChick

Old 05-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #10532
FiveOJester
Monti's Nemesis

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Sounds like you guys had a good ride, wish I could have made it, but I had my son till monday morning & couldn't make the 9am meet time.

Chip & I went for a training ride (upcoming race for Chip, no training for me).

I think we rode a little over 150 miles.........left Fresno to North Fork via Friant & Rd 211, rode trails up into the Whiskey area, crossed over to central camp via the lower connector route, up to the lookout at Shuteye (video will be posted tomorrow), and down to Bass lake via 007. Back down to Northfork for fuel, then over to Reddinger, crossed the bridge at the back of the lake & proceeded to Jose Basin & hit one last dirt rd (music farm rd) to the top the 4 lanes (hwy 168) & back down to Fresno.......whew.....I'm sore.

JP
JP, what time were you guys coming down from Shuteye? I was riding up the Shuteye Road (section between Central Camp and the rocky part at the top of shuteye) around 2:00pm and saw a red and yellow bike riding down, the yellow rider had a camera strapped to his helmet...

My KTM was down due to Wilson's stupidity so I was on my Blue XT225 and was following a friend on a XR400. I was so focused on winding out the XT trying to keep up with the XR I didn't even think that might be you guys.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #10533
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 692
Anybody headed out this weekend?

Im wifeless for Saturday
Old 05-31-2012, 08:15 AM   #10534
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piedralone
Nice video JP,what happen to Whiskey Falls Vid?. Wish I had time to go on theses local rides. Maybe in a couple weeks
Thanks Martin. Still working on the other videos.....the one I posted yesterday had no editing involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOJester View Post
JP, what time were you guys coming down from Shuteye? I was riding up the Shuteye Road (section between Central Camp and the rocky part at the top of shuteye) around 2:00pm and saw a red and yellow bike riding down, the yellow rider had a camera strapped to his helmet...

My KTM was down due to Wilson's stupidity so I was on my Blue XT225 and was following a friend on a XR400. I was so focused on winding out the XT trying to keep up with the XR I didn't even think that might be you guys.
Yep, that was us! I think we were too busy throwing up our gang signs to each other as we passed by

JPaccassi screwed with this post 05-31-2012 at 09:08 AM
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #10535
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,531
Quote:
Im wifeless for Saturday

I want to, but my rear brake line is leaking where the line enters the banjo bolt fitting at the caliper. Any one know where I can get this repaired locally for not too much mula?? A new steel braided one is only $55, but I don't think I will get it in time to ride.....

JP
Old 05-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #10536
GreeNug
210x2

Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredrocket23 View Post
Hay thats my Xr in those photos, This must be form one of those guys I met in Shaver last Monday. What a great ride. And thanks again for the front tube, I'll see you on the next ride.
Hello Greg, nice meeting you this weekend and no problem with the tube and patches, I was glad we were able to get you rolling again. Just remember to pay it forward to someone else if your ever able to and watch out for the rock step ups eh? Haha
GreeNug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #10537
GreeNug
210x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodsChick View Post
Are you referring to the auto-retract feature on the kick stand? If so, just cut the nub off that the spring attaches to and all your problems will disappear. GasGas has that feature, too, and it drove me nuts before figuring out how to fix it.

WoodsChick
The auto retract spring isn't the biggest issue but it does suck so thanks for the tip.

The damn thing is just too short and at a funny angle and the foot is too small so when you lean the bike over it never really feels secure, even sitting in the garage. Nothing unfixable thou
Old 05-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #10538
GreeNug
210x2

Quote:
I want to, but my rear brake line is leaking where the line enters the banjo bolt fitting at the caliper. Any one know where I can get this repaired locally for not too much mula?? A new steel braided one is only $55, but I don't think I will get it in time to ride.....

JP
Breaks are highly overrated, you can always downshift eh? Haha. Motosport will ship today if you order by 2.

I also have some stuff called "seal all" that may seal up the leak, giving you a temporary fix. I "temporarily" fixed a petcock that was leaking gas over a year ago and it is still holding?
Old 05-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #10539
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeNug View Post
Breaks are highly overrated, you can always downshift eh? Haha. Motosport will ship today if you order by 2.

I also have some stuff called "seal all" that may seal up the leak, giving you a temporary fix. I "temporarily" fixed a petcock that was leaking gas over a year ago and it is still holding?
Im thinking that the magic glue is a bad idea under a high pressure fitting.

Is the hose itself leaking or the seals on the banjo? If its the seals and they are metal, you can heat them up with a small torch and let them cool by themselves. This will soften them up again. If its a hose, a hydraulic shop might work but I bet the cost is not much less than new.

Besides, you dont need brakes with me, Im too slow anyhows
Old 05-31-2012, 05:40 PM   #10540
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,767
Quote:

JP
JP, don't you have two bikes?

Quote:
Im wifeless for Saturday
Ok, let's go!
I rode Memorial day up in the Greenhorn Mountains, there is some good stuff up there...
Old 05-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #10541
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
JP, don't you have two bikes?

Ok, let's go!
I rode Memorial day up in the Greenhorn Mountains, there is some good stuff up there...
Greenhorn moutains?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #10542
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedralone View Post
Nice video JP,what happen to Whiskey Falls Vid?. Wish I had time to go on theses local rides. Maybe in a couple weeks
Im still saving those tires for you
Old 05-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #10543
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,728
Is this a street legal vehicle road?

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=36.77...num=1&t=m&z=16
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #10544
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,767
Quote:
Greenhorn moutains?
It's above Calif. Hot Springs, SE of Porterville.

Check out the Jimmy Lewis school this Saturday, looks like fun...anyone?

pcvance screwed with this post 05-31-2012 at 06:28 PM
pcvance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:57 PM   #10545
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
It's above Calif. Hot Springs, SE of Porterville.

Check out the Jimmy Lewis school this Saturday, looks like fun...anyone?
Details, I may be interested if its my level. I had a blast at Rich Olivers Mystery school.

Edit; this one? http://www.stewardsofthesequoia.org/...HV+Fundcontent

is it too late?

McKay screwed with this post 05-31-2012 at 07:12 PM
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote