ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #10741
montibank
Happy
 
montibank's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Fresno, Ca
Oddometer: 2,779
Big bikes ... Central Coast? Pozo? Last two weeks of july sometime?


Anyone interested?
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #10742
McKay
Studly Adventurer
 
McKay's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Clovis, Ca.
Oddometer: 830
Make it August and Im in.
__________________
Jeff
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #10743
lsellers
a DSRIDER
 
lsellers's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Fresno, California
Oddometer: 1,522
ok
__________________
Find out NOW at www.dsrider.com
As you walk, eat and travel, be where you are. Life can only take place in the present moment. If you lose the present moment you lose life itself.
Buddha
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #10744
montibank
Happy
 
montibank's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Fresno, Ca
Oddometer: 2,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
Make it August and Im in.
I may be able to get out sometime during Aug. 1-4... Will be off from work. Might do that, or another ride during the same timeframe. I have some time comming to me from work that I need to burn or I am going to lose it (use or lose vacation time) come December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsellers View Post
ok
Layne - gonna call you after work. I have never ridin through Pozo and I am wondering about routing ... Even better if you wanna show me in person how to get through by following you . I think you and Steve went through this area some time back and might have some first hand knowledge of the area.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #10745
KLXmcrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Hayward,S.F. bay area
Oddometer: 192
Moto GP July 27-29

Hi everybody.

End your central coast trip at the MotoGP.Just an idea for your trip planning.This major event
is always on my vacation plans.It would be excellent end to your trip.The racing, international
riders, visitors from around the world, lot's of bikes, vendors, food,etc. And you can ride right to the
track park the bikes.No shuttle buses from town if you drive.Anyway just throwing out the idea..
If you do go let me know we'll meet up somewhere at the track.

The following w/e Aug 3-5 will be the D/S event out of Long Barn-Twain Harte area I have participated
in for the last few years.Two day event,start/stop at Long Barn Lodge,roll charts,Sat.night dinner/BBQ,
live band,lot of fun so my w/ends for my 1 week vacation are filled...David
KLXmcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #10746
theredrocket23
Gnarly Adventurer
 
theredrocket23's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Clovis, california
Oddometer: 197
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLXmcrider View Post
Hi everybody.

End your central coast trip at the MotoGP.Just an idea for your trip planning.This major event
is always on my vacation plans.It would be excellent end to your trip.The racing, international
riders, visitors from around the world, lot's of bikes, vendors, food,etc. And you can ride right to the
track park the bikes.No shuttle buses from town if you drive.Anyway just throwing out the idea..
If you do go let me know we'll meet up somewhere at the track.

The following w/e Aug 3-5 will be the D/S event out of Long Barn-Twain Harte area I have participated
in for the last few years.Two day event,start/stop at Long Barn Lodge,roll charts,Sat.night dinner/BBQ,
live band,lot of fun so my w/ends for my 1 week vacation are filled...David
David
This d/s ride you are talking about in Long Barn. Where might I find more info. on it. It sounds fun and I think I am off that weekend. Maybe I will ride it with you. ??...........Greg J.
theredrocket23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #10747
lsellers
a DSRIDER
 
lsellers's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Fresno, California
Oddometer: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Layne - gonna call you after work. I have never ridin through Pozo and I am wondering about routing ... Even better if you wanna show me in person how to get through by following you . I think you and Steve went through this area some time back and might have some first hand knowledge of the area.
It depends on what you want. Are you making a loop wanting to go through the Charizo Plains? It might be off limits now, I dunno. or just taking road to, and then leaving from as a point of interest?

I'll give you the basic route and you can plan your trip and expand from there, old 41 to 58 to 101 (I actually prefer 198 from coalinga on road to the 101 or I split it down the middle, go south until I hook up with james dean and hitch up to the old 41 for more curve action) south blah blah until you get to johnson avenue just before SLO. You take Johnson all the way to not-funny-lopez lake until you get to high mountain road (google lopez lake ca and you can start from there to work your way to pozo and then work your way back to SLO) on the right. using google maps you can see that it eventually will dump you out to (forest 50305 something) pozo right after the saloon. depending on the time and year they'll have great burgers, beer, entertainment, etc. east is pozo and there's like 2 entrances. Both will lead you up to the play area with the ridges and stair case and stuff where Steve left a present.

Basically this is your playground. If you look at the map and find a route that connects you to Charizo that's where Steve and I exited whilst in the california dirt 1000 into taft and up to tehachapi on day one.

I can't go, I'll be hiking to Mt. Whitney from the 2nd to the 9th from the sierra's.
__________________
Find out NOW at www.dsrider.com
As you walk, eat and travel, be where you are. Life can only take place in the present moment. If you lose the present moment you lose life itself.
Buddha

lsellers screwed with this post 07-09-2012 at 07:14 PM
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #10748
montibank
Happy
 
montibank's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Fresno, Ca
Oddometer: 2,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLXmcrider View Post
End your central coast trip at the MotoGP.
Did that last year with Sergio - was I great time but I got there stupid late :/ missed all but the last few laps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredrocket23 View Post
Where might I find more info. on it. It sounds fun and I think I am off that weekend. Maybe I will ride it with you.
Ya what he said... Info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsellers View Post
I can't go, I'll be hiking to Mt. Whitney from the 2nd to the 9th from the sierra's.
Bummer. Ok well thanks for the info... Gotta start route planning.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #10749
KLXmcrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Hayward,S.F. bay area
Oddometer: 192
BBBB D-S event

Hi Guys,
Contacted the organizer of the event and he informed me the flyer will be emailed to me
then I'll forward to you.It's called Bungee Brents Backyard Bash D-S event based out of the
Long Barn Lodge The whole lodge is reserved for this event.There will be a movie shown,
live band catered dinner Sat night.There is an ice skate rink they shut down during the
summer mos.that probably will be used for the dinner,live entertainment,movie?.

This guy is a pro photographer doing concerts,Raider games,Moto events and AMA D--36
award banquets ,also publicity shots for Ozzie Osbourne,Snoop Dog etc to name a few.
Good guy,Met him as I pass by his house daily with his DR350 d-s in the truck.His website
WWW.BUNGEEB.FOTOTIME.COM Probably has some fotos of past events?
As I get the info I will forward to you...David
KLXmcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #10750
KLXmcrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Hayward,S.F. bay area
Oddometer: 192
OK, Got the info, pm me your email address then I'll forward the complete msg.info,flyer
etc back to you.I have attended 4 of the 5 events.Lot of fun.Variety of riders,abilities and
bikes.Cabins possibly available and last year RV's allowed to park on site.If interested get
the info and call the organizer...David
KLXmcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #10751
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer
 
JPaccassi's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Oddometer: 1,619
Ride Saturday

Anyone up for a run to Red Top, Green & Cattle Mtn. OHV's on Saturday? All locations are off of the Sierra Vista Scenic Byway (Beasore & Mammoth Pool Rd's).

JP
__________________
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall" ~Beastie Boys
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #10752
piedralone
SoilSampleCollecter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Oddometer: 170
Nice video Monti. Glad your not hurt worse and it was only equip. damage (I wont discuss the issue of riding alone, as a fellow safety professional).Congrates on the Cert. Also note to your self not to talk to yourself after crashes, some people don't understand. Glad to be back from Oklahoma, sure glade theres no temp difference between here and there (hard to adjust you know). Looking forward to doing an easy/handicaped ride soon. Unforfortunately my shoulder is not 100% yet.
piedralone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #10753
montibank
Happy
 
montibank's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Fresno, Ca
Oddometer: 2,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by piedralone View Post
Nice video Monti. Glad your not hurt worse and it was only equip. damage (I wont discuss the issue of riding alone, as a fellow safety professional).Congrates on the Cert. Also note to your self not to talk to yourself after crashes, some people don't understand. Glad to be back from Oklahoma, sure glade theres no temp difference between here and there (hard to adjust you know). Looking forward to doing an easy/handicaped ride soon. Unforfortunately my shoulder is not 100% yet.
Aaaahhaah. Was littlerally several hundred yards from the mrs when I did that. What I always talk to myself :p

And no riding for me this weekend. I'm Mr. Mom, its the mrs. turn to disappear for a weekened.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #10754
McKay
Studly Adventurer
 
McKay's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Clovis, Ca.
Oddometer: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by piedralone View Post
Nice video Monti. Glad your not hurt worse and it was only equip. damage (I wont discuss the issue of riding alone, as a fellow safety professional).Congrates on the Cert. Also note to your self not to talk to yourself after crashes, some people don't understand. Glad to be back from Oklahoma, sure glade theres no temp difference between here and there (hard to adjust you know). Looking forward to doing an easy/handicaped ride soon. Unforfortunately my shoulder is not 100% yet.
Im up for a handicappers ride!
__________________
Jeff
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #10755
piedralone
SoilSampleCollecter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Oddometer: 170
JP, how rider friendly (for the slightly handicapped) is your ride?
piedralone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014