ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #11461
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
My bikes are on the coast

Took the ZZR 1200 to my brother's house near Santa Maria. He has a street bike too and there are lots of great motorcycle roads and weather is almost always very nice too. Found I was not riding much here as it mostly seemed too hot or too cold, guess I'm turning into a bigger wuss than I used to be. So now when I tell my wife I want to ride my bike it means I am heading to the coast for a few days. Life is tough...
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #11462
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Yes sir, awesome riding there I here.

I thought it was still off limits?
Old 01-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #11463
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
Took the ZZR 1200 to my brother's house near Santa Maria. He has a street bike too and there are lots of great motorcycle roads and weather is almost always very nice too. Found I was not riding much here as it mostly seemed too hot or too cold, guess I'm turning into a bigger wuss than I used to be. So now when I tell my wife I want to ride my bike it means I am heading to the coast for a few days. Life is tough...
Awesome!

Still riding the DR everywhere, just checked valves... Havent even budged since last check. Float valve is sticking atm... I think it is stuck open .. carb floods when parked and starves at WOT on the freeway. So far that and one of the passenger pegs busted I think are the only problems in 12000 miles. I was going to try to make the leap to a 990 this year but reality is setting in following the holidays and I think a home refinance is likely priority.

Maybe next year - looking forward to another year on the DR regardless :p
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #11464
MikeinFresno
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
its is off limits, but lots of guys are riding it anyway, a few have gotten $175 tickets, but very few.
MikeinFresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #11465
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinFresno View Post
its is off limits, but lots of guys are riding it anyway, a few have gotten $175 tickets, but very few.
Who is writing the tickets?

Side note, I have heard some of it (little) is open again.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #11466
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,459
technically only the surface roads are open to licensed vehicles... pretty soon every agency will be so broke they wont be able to enforce all these ignorant green rules and laws enacted in the last 10 years.. thats my hope and dream anyway..
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #11467
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Maybe they will all fall off that 'cliff'
Old 01-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #11468
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,475
Laugh Let's Hope your right Mike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
technically only the surface roads are open to licensed vehicles... pretty soon every agency will be so broke they wont be able to enforce all these ignorant green rules and laws enacted in the last 10 years.. thats my hope and dream anyway..
Technically, the dirt today was pure chocolate cake with white frosting...

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!

Need to ride more singletrack this year.....

pcvance screwed with this post 01-01-2013 at 07:43 PM
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #11469
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,778
Goodies on order...

Had grit in the float valve sticking it open, managed to break the choke housing DOH gotta replace that now too.

JP if you havent been to procycle in a while its time to go look. They gotta buncha new goodies to offer fpr the DR... Not to mention oversized tanks.

Hey ... Call me anyhow.. might sell you my 4.9 for cheap and grab a 5.3 for myself...
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #11470
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Goodies on order...

Had grit in the float valve sticking it open, managed to break the choke housing DOH gotta replace that now too.

JP if you havent been to procycle in a while its time to go look. They gotta buncha new goodies to offer fpr the DR... Not to mention oversized tanks.

Hey ... Call me anyhow.. might sell you my 4.9 for cheap and grab a 5.3 for myself...

Friken tanker riders!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #11471
MikeinFresno
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
For Monti

http://fresno.craigslist.org/mcy/3514929202.html
MikeinFresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #11472
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Ouch
Old 01-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #11473
sfeatherstone22
Young Grasshopper

Oddometer: 59
If you guys do any forestry roads that a Vee can do I'd love to join

sfeatherstone22 screwed with this post 01-02-2013 at 05:33 PM
sfeatherstone22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #11474
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Goodies on order...

When I first read your post this morning I read cycle gear instead of procycle. I thought maybe I was in an alternate reality where cycle gear stopped selling all that "Bilt" shit .....bought a pair of Bilt gloves that lasted 1 ride, the fake pleather/leather crap in the palm shredded into a rats nest within hours ....

Procycle, hell yes....I'll take a 790cc big bore kit, big valve head, high comp piston & a stage 2 cam please

Might be interested in your IMS 4.9, IDK I kind of like the stock metal one though. The only time I've ever ran out of fuel is last year on the way to DV Daze.....I should have just brought extra in MSR bottles instead of using all yours
Old 01-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #11475
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
When I first read your post this morning I read cycle gear instead of procycle. I thought maybe I was in an alternate reality where cycle gear stopped selling all that "Bilt" shit .....bought a pair of Bilt gloves that lasted 1 ride, the fake pleather/leather crap in the palm shredded into a rats nest within hours ....

Procycle, hell yes....I'll take a 790cc big bore kit, big valve head, high comp piston & a stage 2 cam please

Might be interested in your IMS 4.9, IDK I kind of like the stock metal one though. The only time I've ever ran out of fuel is last year on the way to DV Daze.....I should have just brought extra in MSR bottles instead of using all yours
Justin, that's good fuel management, and you know, even that day on Westside road "WE" were not "out' of fuel. We did get to Furnace on fumes though...the buddy system worked. Are you ready for this year's DV Daze? I have a campsite reserved, You and the DR can ride over to Cal City with us if you like, 200 miles of dirt from there.