ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #11521
sfeatherstone22
Young Grasshopper
 
sfeatherstone22's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Fresno, CA
Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
Info please, Im a bachelor this weekend and the Tiger is dying to go.
I am open for suggestions. I have ridden trimmer springs to big creek road several times. Always a fun ride. Thinking about heading out around 9 am?
sfeatherstone22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #11522
McKay
Studly Adventurer
 
McKay's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Clovis, Ca.
Oddometer: 627
Sorry, I got that dam flu , haven't been online at all.

Raincheck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfeatherstone22 View Post
I am open for suggestions. I have ridden trimmer springs to big creek road several times. Always a fun ride. Thinking about heading out around 9 am?
__________________
Jeff
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #11523
sfeatherstone22
Young Grasshopper
 
sfeatherstone22's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Fresno, CA
Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
Sorry, I got that dam flu , haven't been online at all.

Raincheck?
Of course! I took some video with the gopro today that I will post later. Couldn't of asked for better weather today though..
sfeatherstone22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #11524
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer
 
JPaccassi's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Oddometer: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfeatherstone22 View Post
Of course! I took some video with the gopro today that I will post later. Couldn't of asked for better weather today though..

Wish I could have gotten out for a ride this weekend, as you said, absolutely beautiful weather. I'll be in the Desert next weekend & hoping to hit the 80 degree mark in death valley.......20's at night though. Looking forward to your video.

JP
__________________
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall" ~Beastie Boys
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #11525
pcvance
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 4,497
Wicked DV Daze

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Wish I could have gotten out for a ride this weekend, as you said, absolutely beautiful weather. I'll be in the Desert next weekend & hoping to hit the 80 degree mark in death valley.......20's at night though. Looking forward to your video.

JP
I think I have a good route thu the dez from Ridgecrest to Trona. From Trona, we can try the escape route over the mountain to tie into Coyote canyon/Golar, it will save time and add more dirt! There is gas in Trona this year so range is not an issue. Only four more daze...
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #11526
sfeatherstone22
Young Grasshopper
 
sfeatherstone22's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Fresno, CA
Oddometer: 23
http://youtu.be/M0GjyBxqOv4

http://youtu.be/zKz7NHIZN3w

I took Big Creek to Saproot Saddle but ran into some mud along the way and with almost bald trailwing tires it didn't look like a good idea. So I turned around and headed back up Big Creek to try and loop in with the 168. Things were going great until I ran into this [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

So... back to pine flat I went

sfeatherstone22 screwed with this post 01-20-2013 at 04:33 PM
sfeatherstone22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #11527
Scrambleon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Scrambleon's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Tollhouse, CA
Oddometer: 278
Thumb Looking forward to next weekend

Perry,

FYI, I PM'd Lost Rider to get the GPS track as a back-up since I didn't think you or JP have a GPS. Either way the directions sound easy enough...... All the new toys have arrived and been installed. DVDaze here I come

Scrambleon
Scrambleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #11528
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer
 
JPaccassi's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Oddometer: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambleon View Post
Perry,

FYI, I PM'd Lost Rider to get the GPS track as a back-up since I didn't think you or JP have a GPS. Either way the directions sound easy enough...... All the new toys have arrived and been installed. DVDaze here I come

Scrambleon

Hell yes, I can't wait

Recap from last year..













__________________
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall" ~Beastie Boys
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #11529
Lasherman
Ah Sh!t!
 
Lasherman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Turlock, Ca
Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Hell yes, I can't wait

Recap from last year..













Were leaving Weds. Morining........gonna be a blast.
Lasherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #11530
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer
 
JPaccassi's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Oddometer: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfeatherstone22 View Post
http://youtu.be/M0GjyBxqOv4

http://youtu.be/zKz7NHIZN3w

I took Big Creek to Saproot Saddle but ran into some mud along the way and with almost bald trailwing tires it didn't look like a good idea. So I turned around and headed back up Big Creek to try and loop in with the 168. Things were going great until I ran into this [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

So... back to pine flat I went
Thanks for the pics & vid, that definitely looks slick....I'd be on my ass for sure
__________________
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall" ~Beastie Boys
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #11531
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer
 
JPaccassi's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Oddometer: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasherman View Post
Were leaving Weds. Morining........gonna be a blast.

I wish I could leave that early, Friday morning for us & riding in from Ridgecrest through Goler / Mengal / West Side rd.....I think we are in site 101 with pcvance....we'll be rolling in after dark for sure

JP
__________________
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall" ~Beastie Boys
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #11532
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer
 
JPaccassi's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Oddometer: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
I think I have a good route thu the dez from Ridgecrest to Trona. From Trona, we can try the escape route over the mountain to tie into Coyote canyon/Golar, it will save time and add more dirt! There is gas in Trona this year so range is not an issue. Only four more daze...

I read NMBMN's post on the escape route & finally found it on a map Saw videos on youtube of that route & I must say I'm so fucking stoked......let's go already!
__________________
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall" ~Beastie Boys
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #11533
pcvance
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 4,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
I read NMBMN's post on the escape route & finally found it on a map Saw videos on youtube of that route & I must say I'm so fucking stoked......let's go already!

let's do the single track waythat ridge is awesome, cool vids...
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #11534
Lasherman
Ah Sh!t!
 
Lasherman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Turlock, Ca
Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
I wish I could leave that early, Friday morning for us & riding in from Ridgecrest through Goler / Mengal / West Side rd.....I think we are in site 101 with pcvance....we'll be rolling in after dark for sure

JP

Cant remember which site....but white megacab dodge with three bikes. Were gonna ride Thurs, fri and Sat for sure.
Lasherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #11535
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer
 
JPaccassi's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Oddometer: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
let's do the single track waythat ridge is awesome, cool vids...

Yes please



__________________
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall" ~Beastie Boys
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014