ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #12016
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Meet @ Masters Paint & Body at 4:00 PM, we are riding to Dillonwood Grove on Dennison ridge. Big bike & noob friendly. All are welcome.

730 s. Bridge st. Visalia CA 93277

Thanks to the "CNF sucks krew" for the copyrights.
I think opening night for my wife's play is either thursday or friday... Either way its unlikely for me. If I can I will be there, if not have fun without me.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #12017
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsellers View Post
GN: Much better than Monti's Video!

I'll see if I can get any time off of work on the first.
Well shit if layne goes I'll just have to rob a bank or something and get a sitter for that night.... Damn you all yer gonna git me busted.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #12018
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,772
I hope both of you can make it, it will be nice to finally meet you Layne.
We have six if you guys show!
I'm gonna see if Jack can go too, he'll be our Sequoia NPS guide.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #12019
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Well shit if layne goes I'll just have to rob a bank or something and get a sitter for that night.... Damn you all yer gonna git me busted.
Michael, seems you should be able to fit the kids somewhere on the 950?
Old 04-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #12020
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Michael, seems you should be able to fit the kids somewhere on the 950?
:p
Old 04-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #12021
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Question Looks like a plated wr450

Do you think plate will clear transfer to new owner?
Reply to: 7xkk6-3768590455@sale.craigslist.org [?]

Posted: 2013-04-26, 2:19PM PDT
2004 yamaha wr450 WR - $1995 (Reedley)

Low hours. Second set of tires. Electric and kick start. Was my daughters bike. Dual sport kit. New battery. Jd jet kit.
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #12022
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
Do you think plate will clear transfer to new owner?
Reply to: 7xkk6-3768590455@sale.craigslist.org [?]

Posted: 2013-04-26, 2:19PM PDT
2004 yamaha wr450 WR - $1995 (Reedley)

Low hours. Second set of tires. Electric and kick start. Was my daughters bike. Dual sport kit. New battery. Jd jet kit.

It will if it's a legit title, I had no problem with my 04' EXC transfer two years ago. Mine has the off road vin #.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #12023
ffjmoore
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Anybody want to ride monday or tuesday? THinking about doing bald mt. but am open to suggestions. If not Ill work on my new bike. Not running yet.
ffjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #12024
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffjmoore View Post
Anybody want to ride monday or tuesday? THinking about doing bald mt. but am open to suggestions. If not Ill work on my new bike. Not running yet.
Sergio's CRF... Good to see it will be riden. Hate to think it is just going to rot away in a garage somewhere. Call if you need help with it, I knew previous owner and know about where he left off with repairs. 5592845112
Old 04-28-2013, 09:53 AM   #12025
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Question Wrf 450

My concern with that bike is that, to my knowledge, WRF 450s were not made CA legal for smog purposes (unlike KTM EXCs, which had the CA sticker). However, some dealers put plates on them and there has been a subsequent investigation by DMV. You could legally plate these bikes in CA if they were from out of state and had more than 7,500 miles . Or you could plate them in other states. With this WRF, it's obvious it doesn't have over 7,500 miles so it would be a crapshoot to see if your local DMV ran it through and gave you new plates or not...If this bike's plates will transfer, it is a hell of a deal...
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #12026
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Wicked Justin's new WR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
My concern with that bike is that, to my knowledge, WRF 450s were not made CA legal for smog purposes (unlike KTM EXCs, which had the CA sticker). However, some dealers put plates on them and there has been a subsequent investigation by DMV. You could legally plate these bikes in CA if they were from out of state and had more than 7,500 miles . Or you could plate them in other states. With this WRF, it's obvious it doesn't have over 7,500 miles so it would be a crapshoot to see if your local DMV ran it through and gave you new plates or not...If this bike's plates will transfer, it is a hell of a deal...

Yes it is.....

My 04' EXC is not Cal legal for smog purposes either, but up to 04' model year, from my understanding, if it was plated 04' or before they are grandfathered in.
Mine was sold new in 03' and plated by KTM of Santa Cruz, the tags have been paid for 10 years now......I don't see an issue with that 450, but would want to see when it was first tagged before I bought it. To be sure you could walk into the DMV with the seller.

JP, your new woods weapon?
Old 04-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #12027
ffjmoore
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
I transfered it into my name, non op with no problems. To my understanding if it was done before 03 it is exempt.

I will give you a call. His brother did not have much info so any input would be great. I have not had much time to play with it. Just went through the carb but I think its not getting spark.
ffjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #12028
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffjmoore View Post
I transfered it into my name, non op with no problems. To my understanding if it was done before 03 it is exempt.

I will give you a call. His brother did not have much info so any input would be great. I have not had much time to play with it. Just went through the carb but I think its not getting spark.
Yep. That is exactly the point sergio got to with it. No spark. But I believe that stator is a brand new aftermarket one.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #12029
montibank
Happy

Quote:
JP, your new woods weapon?
What what? Woods weapon? Who huh wha?

Details please ... Pictures even better.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #12030
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,531
[QUOTE=pcvance]Yes it is.....

My 04' EXC is not Cal legal for smog purposes either, but up to 04' model year, from my understanding, if it was plated 04' or before they are grandfathered in.
Mine was sold new in 03' and plated by KTM of Santa Cruz, the tags have been paid for 10 years now......I don't see an issue with that 450, but would want to see when it was first tagged before I bought it. To be sure you could walk into the DMV with the seller.

JP, your new woods weapon? [/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
What what? Woods weapon? Who huh wha?

Details please ... Pictures even better.

LOL, yeah right I need a new car first,... unfortunately

Looking for a compact car 4 cyl, stick or auto, A/C, & no more than 175k on the clock....just in case anybody knows where to find one for a good deal Master's towing/auto body lein sale vehicle???

JP