ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #12046
PotentialScat
aint

Oddometer: 1,159
Not in the video:

Chaos hits the drift, swinging wide side to side. Sliding. Still sliding, clearing the drift and through the mud.

He rolls the die and starts the dance, slapping the head and face. Odd, an acceptable roll of the die.

The dance yields and twitches reign confused eyes. In his nostril the dragon flying did not care.

45, 50, sweet rise begging a blip aaaand oh joy satans stash of blow. In the movies they make it.

Japanese angst returns with the fury of ginormous pig shaped meteors raining snow cones

and shaved ice on children around the world.

Hey look at it run. Railing the twisties but dumb as a cow.

centralvalleyds
PotentialScat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #12047
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Hah... I do but not in the way yer thinking... I get a lot more miles outa sport tourers then knobbies.
My IRC front tire has tons of street miles on it and it's still looking GOOD! Washington and Idaho and back, plus around town and offroad! Ditch the smotard setup and be a real dual sport!

PS: Is that Beck lyrics typed out? Nice vid.

lsellers screwed with this post 04-30-2013 at 10:51 AM
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #12048
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsellers View Post
My IRC front tire has tons of street miles on it and it's still looking GOOD! Washington and Idaho and back, plus around town and offroad! Ditch the smotard setup and be a real dual sport!

Yeah you can buy alot of tires for what those dang wheels cost!

Monti just likes to tinker I think.

I talked to jack about his 17/17 set, he's not ready the part with them, yet.

I just put my freeway gearing back on for tomorrows ride, 13/48.

See y'all tomorrow!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #12049
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer: 1,974
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post

See y'all tomorrow!
That is no freeway gearing 15/45 maybe, you replace the chain slide yet? Or are you getting a new swingarm.

Quote:
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #12050
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,619
Quote:

See y'all tomorrow!
Freeway gearing..... LMAO, that would be rock crawling gears for me I'm at 16/46 for tomorrow, see you around 4!

JP
Old 04-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #12051
lsellers
a DSRIDER

The scary part is that I think that gearing just could be PV's version of "Street Gearing". If I were doing trials and slow rock and hill climbs and such I would get as low as I could.

Hey Monti that reminds me of Riceless doing the Rubicon on his 950 - just sayin'.

I'm still trying to get out of work half day tomorrow - I'm still maybe.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #12052
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Freeway gearing..... LMAO, that would be rock crawling gears for me I'm at 16/46 for tomorrow, see you around 4!

JP
Six speed! It's like overdrive......
Old 04-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #12053
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
That is no freeway gearing 15/45 maybe, you replace the chain slide yet? Or are you getting a new swingarm.

For the 525, that's as tall as it gets. But I did buy a 14 in case I need to go 100.

Chain sliders were done before our last ride, memory loss Grinch?

TM designworks set.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #12054
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer: 1,974
Cool2

Quote:
For the 525, that's as tall as it gets. But I did buy a 14 in case I need to go 100.

Chain sliders were done before our last ride, memory loss Grinch?

TM designworks set.
Short term loss, yes.

Quote:
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #12055
PotentialScat
aint

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsellers View Post
So misunderstood. If i said fear the well of sweet salty water do i speak of evil?

here's yer magic decoder ring:

stuff i didn't get on video:

Chip hit a snowbank, went down and slid through a mud puddle. aka chocolate dipped chip.

We're playing backgammon and a dragonfly puts a nostril lock on him till he taps out. Well, actually, it didn't let go then either. Was pretty damn funny to see.

There we are cruising back to camp doing about 45 with chip right on my 6. I see a sweet rise and think hey what a cool jump. Well a split second before the blip off the top a monster drift comes into view. No chance of scrubbing any real speed so i nail the throttle hoping to clear it. Best laid plans and all... yeah didn't work out like it did in my head. But we didn't crash and it was spectacular.

Tight twisty dirt... round a corner and startle a deer. Dumb as a cow it runs down the road just railing the corners for nearly a mile before bolting up an almost vertical face. Really regret not getting that on video.

----------

Wish I could make it Perry but someone must've beat me with a whiffle ball bat when i was sleeping.

Quote:
Riceless doing the Rubicon on his 950
crazy talk

centralvalleyds
Old 04-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #12056
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotentialScat View Post
So misunderstood. If i said fear the well of sweet salty water do i speak of evil?

here's yer magic decoder ring:

stuff i didn't get on video:

Chip hit a snowbank, went down and slid through a mud puddle. aka chocolate dipped chip.

We're playing backgammon and a dragonfly puts a nostril lock on him till he taps out. Well, actually, it didn't let go then either. Was pretty damn funny to see.

There we are cruising back to camp doing about 45 with chip right on my 6. I see a sweet rise and think hey what a cool jump. Well a split second before the blip off the top a monster drift comes into view. No chance of scrubbing any real speed so i nail the throttle hoping to clear it. Best laid plans and all... yeah didn't work out like it did in my head. But we didn't crash and it was spectacular.

Tight twisty dirt... round a corner and startle a deer. Dumb as a cow it runs down the road just railing the corners for nearly a mile before bolting up an almost vertical face. Really regret not getting that on video.

----------

Wish I could make it Perry but someone must've beat me with a whiffle ball bat when i was sleeping.

crazy talk
Ah my dry humor.

It happened: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480690
Old 04-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #12057
PotentialScat
aint

Yeah i know, Layne. I'm just weird. An epic feat for sure. I wonder if any 950's have attempted it since. You know, since someone has already done it.

centralvalleyds
Old 04-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #12058
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,778
Quote:
Ding ding ding! Winner winner! And since I am ordering a new clutch (this one is done!) I have plently to tinker with for a few weeks.

New rear "Braking" wave rotor came in today, so I got something to do tonight.

Once clutch in I will git a 45t rear sprocket and a that massive terraflex DOT rear tire thing for it and a new front D606. Should be ready for a decent test flight with new shoes on.

Due to clutch issues I am out for Friday's ride, not sure any of the DR owners would like the extra wear and tear on thier rigs dragging an extra 600 lb anchor out of the woods. Bragging rights and photos don't replace damaged cranks and wore out clutch plates. :p
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #12059
lsellers
a DSRIDER

As long as there are pictures monti it's all worth it. example: stevele5 pulling a full grown dead tree to camp so that it could be used in a fire. there's a pic out there somewhere .

I was reading a lot today about replacing clutch cable so that the wooden feel goes away and also the various water (piston), gas (wearing out), and other pump issues of the 950. Might be the SE model, I don't remember.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #12060
tarmacter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
Checking in with the old CVDS crew, from Alaska! Monti, Lsellers, SteveLe, Pscat, JP, DSrider, Powerman, you guys still out there?

When I checked this thread I was glad to still see some familiar names! Looks like a few of you are still at it.

Since coming up to AK I have only put in a few road rides when I travel back to CA on visits. Lately I have been pursuing a different type of combustion motor entertainment...airplanes! But this summer I think I may try and get back into adventure riding, maybe do the Dalton Highway.

Had some really great times with a few of you guys, brings a smile to my face to see some of the recent trip reports.
tarmacter is offline   Reply With Quote