ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 09:46 PM   #12061
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsellers View Post
As long as there are pictures monti it's all worth it. example: stevele5 pulling a full grown dead tree to camp so that it could be used in a fire. there's a pic out there somewhere .

I was reading a lot today about replacing clutch cable so that the wooden feel goes away and also the various water (piston), gas (wearing out), and other pump issues of the 950. Might be the SE model, I don't remember.
Clutch is hydraulic?? But ya there all kinds of "known issues" on this bike... Fortunately for me the previous owner replaced all those bits so ... With a little luck all I gotta keep my eye on is the wearable bits ... like chains, rotors, clutches etc etc.

A dead tree you say? Humpf ... I could do that.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #12062
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,566
Thumb Sequoia night ride.....

I'm sitting here scoping out the map for tomorrow's ride, it looks like some good stuff up there..... Looks like we can get to 6000'/7000' elevation to get out of the HEAT! 98 is the predicted high for tomorrow. Bring water!
See you hooligans @ 4:00. Questions? Shoot me a PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #12063
styger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
Do you think plate will clear transfer to new owner?
Reply to: 7xkk6-3768590455@sale.craigslist.org [?]

Posted: 2013-04-26, 2:19PM PDT
2004 yamaha wr450 WR - $1995 (Reedley)

Low hours. Second set of tires. Electric and kick start. Was my daughters bike. Dual sport kit. New battery. Jd jet kit.
Are you selling this?
Old 05-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #12064
styger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Whoops that was supposed to be a pm.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:37 AM   #12065
GreeNug
210x2

Oddometer: 168
Damn it! I'm not going to be able to make it this evening after all guys.

Ride safe, have fun and churn dirt for me.
GreeNug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:42 AM   #12066
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Wink re:Are you selling this?

It's not mine. I posted it here for the guys when I saw the ad on craigslist. You can call and see if it's still available. Price looked good for a rare plated wr450 with little use.
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #12067
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeNug View Post
Damn it! I'm not going to be able to make it this evening after all guys.

Ride safe, have fun and churn dirt for me.
Catch the next one, I'm planning to do night rides once a month, all summer......
Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #12068
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,504
I wasn't able to get time off for the afternoon. Got a veto from the boss.

Tarm: We were just wondering about you the other day. Glad to hear everything is good up there. Eventually I'll be doing some Canadian road travel to AK.
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #12069
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Cool2

Quote:

Tarm: We were just wondering about you the other day. Glad to hear everything is good up there. Eventually I'll be doing some Canadian road travel to AK.
Next time.....

JP& styger, tonight we RIDE into uncharted territory.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #12070
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmacter View Post
Checking in with the old CVDS crew, from Alaska! Monti, Lsellers, SteveLe, Pscat, JP, DSrider, Powerman, you guys still out there?

When I checked this thread I was glad to still see some familiar names! Looks like a few of you are still at it.

Since coming up to AK I have only put in a few road rides when I travel back to CA on visits. Lately I have been pursuing a different type of combustion motor entertainment...airplanes! But this summer I think I may try and get back into adventure riding, maybe do the Dalton Highway.

Had some really great times with a few of you guys, brings a smile to my face to see some of the recent trip reports.

Josh, glad to hear you're doing well. Hell if I could afford it I'd be into planes as well......i've gotten as far as designing & flying RC planes only I just saw Laynes post & was thinking when the heck did Tarmacter post up I didn't see anything (last post on previous page) I was just looking at some old pics & came across Ben's ride report when you & him camped on the star or iron lakes OHV trail

JP
Old 05-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #12071
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Next time.....

JP& styger, tonight we RIDE into uncharted territory.

Yes sir, I am ready, got permish from mission control AKA supervisor who was talking about how she had to stop her important work today to check on some poorly done work of some other peeps. She was all pissed & then I was like that sucks, oh yeah I'm leaving at 3pm today to go riding & I got the evil stink eye. LOL. She doesnt resist because she knows I'll just leave anyways

See you guys at 4

JP
Old 05-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #12072
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Yes sir, I am ready, got permish from mission control AKA supervisor who was talking about how she had to stop her important work today to check on some poorly done work of some other peeps. She was all pissed & then I was like that sucks, oh yeah I'm leaving at 3pm today to go riding & I got the evil stink eye. LOL. She doesnt resist because she knows I'll just leave anyways

See you guys at 4

JP
Excellent

Just two DR's and a 525. Our destination is only 45 miles from the shop. We will be on the top of the mountain to watch the sun set.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #12073
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmacter View Post
Checking in with the old CVDS crew, from Alaska! Monti, Lsellers, SteveLe, Pscat, JP, DSrider, Powerman, you guys still out there?

When I checked this thread I was glad to still see some familiar names! Looks like a few of you are still at it.

Since coming up to AK I have only put in a few road rides when I travel back to CA on visits. Lately I have been pursuing a different type of combustion motor entertainment...airplanes! But this summer I think I may try and get back into adventure riding, maybe do the Dalton Highway.

Had some really great times with a few of you guys, brings a smile to my face to see some of the recent trip reports.
Missed this post! Thanks Layne for pointing it out. Josh things are about the same - Layne is putting pressure on Steve lately to git out and ride ;p but no bike there yet.

Alaska aye? ... Just bought me a machine worthy of that jaunt. Might be time for me to start planning a visit

I gotta set goals or shit wont happen - maybe summer 2014...

Quote:

What you doing summer 2014 Layne? Think you can maniplulate Steve into some poor finacial investment ponse scheme resulting in him riding to Alaska with us? The fine print will read that he will appropriately tension his chain at all times.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #12074
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,504
Summer 2014 hmmmm.... I think people want to do Whitney again but from another long route which will eat up 8 days of vacation but Summer? Hmmm....

Steve won't be ready next year for a bike.

I'm toying around with the idea of selling the Jeep and g650x and getting an inexpensive larger inferior twin but that would take me to single vehicle bike land again and although I did it, it's nice having a car. Either that or just getting money for a good down on a Taco.

I would say I'd sell Steve the xc but I don't want to sell it that cheap!
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #12075
tarmacter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
Haha, JP...nice find! Ben's ride art, complete with our Mountain Lion on the rock! That was a cool ride.

A 2014 summer trip you say, Monti? If it was late summer, I would likely be able to fly down and pick up a KLR or something and join you guys for the ride up. :) August/September 2014?

I will actually be down in CA for a few weeks this month. Putting in a road ride this Saturday, Malibu, Ojai, etc. Riding a S1000RR HP4.

If you guys are doing any rides in the next few weeks and have an extra bike available, let me know. I may be able to join. Are there any DS rental shops in Fresno yet?
tarmacter is offline   Reply With Quote