ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #12136
HAPPYTRAILSINC
single track rider

Oddometer: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
007 up to Shuteye like Mike said, and there are some other single track trails, but nothing " hardcore" like the Kern.

thats what i was afraid of, I heard ALOT of the good stuff was shut down a few years back!

just too far to drive for so little

we still have ALOT of stuff to ride/explore on the green hill this year
doing alittle trail maintence this weekend w/the braaappppp crew

I am in not associated with happy-trails.com
I am the original happytrails
HAPPYTRAILSINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #12137
GreeNug
210x2

Oddometer: 178
There is some good single track around Whisky, definitely tighter and more technical than the 007 run, but nothing I would call hardcore. Only been riding in that area for a few years though and I'm still finding + linking up single tracks to make loops that minimize the fire roads.

Somebody here has got to know that place better that I do, I just think it doesn't get much talk due to everyone wanting to keep the area on the DL a bit. I know I've started my own map, ??
GreeNug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #12138
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
... Anyone feel like mobbing a BMW shop ride in June with me? I am dying to see one of them 1200's run flat on its back. :p
Like this:
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #12139
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeNug View Post
There is some good single track around Whisky, definitely tighter and more technical than the 007 run, but nothing I would call hardcore. Only been riding in that area for a few years though and I'm still finding + linking up single tracks to make loops that minimize the fire roads.

Somebody here has got to know that place better that I do, I just think it doesn't get much talk due to everyone wanting to keep the area on the DL a bit. I know I've started my own map, ??

I have a pretty good mental map of the place......i want to head up there this weekend but i dont think I should be banging my bike across the rocks....just found a crack in my front rim about a week ago Im probably going to have to take it easy for the next couple of weeks until I can get it fixed.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #12140
GreeNug
210x2

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
.just found a crack in my front rim about a week ago Im probably going to have to take it easy for the next couple of weeks until I can get it fixed.
Ray can probably weld up the crack if it isn't too bad yet?

I also have a front 21" rim only that was the stocker off my husky if you can re-lace it up and put it to good use? I wanna camp up there here shortly.
GreeNug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #12141
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,538
Quote:
Ray can probably weld up the crack if it isn't too bad yet?

I also have a front 21" rim only that was the stocker off my husky if you can re-lace it up and put it to good use? I wanna camp up there here shortly.
I'm kind of skeptical of the rim welding now. Ben had his rim welded, same type of crack, and it has already cracked through the same spot again. OEM is around 300 for new front rim, spokes & nipple set, then $75ish to have it laced up & trued by Ryan at Moto one.

Thanks for the offer on the Husky stocker, but I'll probably just stick with oem.

CAMPING at whiskey.YES, I'm in, let me know.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #12142
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
Quote:
Alrighty... The 950 is ready for a little challenge. If supersprox would get back to me about a 48 tooth rear I would be happier, but as things sit now its good enough...

Just fine tuning from this point on I hope. Anyone feel like mobbing a BMW shop ride in June with me? I am dying to see one of them 1200's run flat on its back. :p
Ill go, I got to see the first one!

When/where is it, I haven't got Tanners flyers yet I suppose.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #12143
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
Ill go, I got to see the first one!

When/where is it, I haven't got Tanners flyers yet I suppose.
It was originally scheduled for mothers day... But someone realized and thought better of it. Got rescheduled for June. Emailed josh to test the waters since it is a shop ride and I have yet to spend more than $20 at bmw fresno

We shall see ... Since they are both a BMW and a ducati dealer they have a chance at selling me my next bike (year 2020 likely :p )
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #12144
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
I'm kind of skeptical of the rim welding now. Ben had his rim welded, same type of crack, and it has already cracked through the same spot again. OEM is around 300 for new front rim, spokes & nipple set, then $75ish to have it laced up & trued by Ryan at Moto one.

Thanks for the offer on the Husky stocker, but I'll probably just stick with oem.

CAMPING at whiskey.YES, I'm in, let me know.
Or... You can go ultra cheapo and get a used excell heavy duty rim from apf and I'll lace it for ya. I laced that rear wheel your brother is riding on now...

Don't go stock... Get something with a rim lock hole drilled in it, put in a rim lock and balance the damn thing so you can run lower pressure safely.

The worst that can happen with you and I trying to true it is that we just cant do it... In that case th wheel is already laced, less work for ryan and maybe he will cut you a deal on the truing part.

montibank screwed with this post 05-13-2013 at 05:43 PM
Old 05-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #12145
up in smoke
RIDE

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYTRAILSINC View Post
thats what i was afraid of, I heard ALOT of the good stuff was shut down a few years back!

just too far to drive for so little

we still have ALOT of stuff to ride/explore on the green hill this year
doing alittle trail maintence this weekend w/the braaappppp crew
Quote:

the goat trail off of shuteye??? my wr left some blue paint on that one. if you took Scott on the whiskey loop then up to shuteye and down the goat trail???

up in smoke screwed with this post 05-13-2013 at 07:37 PM
up in smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #12146
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
Beasore campout
6/21-23

View of the place from the road

OPEN OPEN OPEN ! Jones Store at the meadow

Ok... so we have a list started... I will use this post to keep up the tally etc
Wrk2surf
Cevquit
PCVANCE
Rearsteer
PotentialScat
Coarsegoldkid
Damn... Out. Family stuff that weekend.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #12147
PotentialScat
aint

Oddometer: 1,152
Stopped by a cool place I know this past weekend and found approximately 3 bags of trash scattered everywhere. There was a case of beer bottles, big pieces of tin foil hanging in the trees and bushes, at least 3 plastic sandals, water bottles, juice packets, toilet paper, old nasty sheet hanging from one tree, paper plates, batteries, corn cobs, tampons, propane bottles, bean cans, sardine cans and more. No sign of any plastic bags that may or may not have once held it all... not that that would make it better. One tree had a plastic fork stuck in the bark about 5 feet off the ground. The place literally smelled like shit.

I know, we've all seen this stuff before. This was over the top and happens to be just upstream of what used to be one of my favorite places. So I called the forest service today and inquired about putting up a few no littering signs at my own expense. I was told that would be littering. Sadly I had expected that hence the call. The nice lady, not being sarcastic she really was nice, connected me with her supervisor's voice mail so hopefully I will get a call back and one of us can make the other see the light.

Maybe I'm just bitter. My wife and I had stopped there to eat lunch after a nice morning ride and we were camped downstream. I saw a large group there a few times last year before the snow fell. Doesn't mean anything. Maybe some people just really don't think about it and a sign says hey think about what you are doing. I'd rather look at a stupid sign than some strange forest tampon when I'm eating a sandwich. But that's just me.

centralvalleyds
PotentialScat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #12148
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,940
Talking

Quote:
Damn... Out. Family stuff that weekend.
I'm starting to think you just don't want to ride with us anymore.....
Old 05-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #12149
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
I'm starting to think you just don't want to ride with us anymore.....
Sad really. Want to ride every weekend but just isnt going to happen. Just looked at the next month and a half, I have three days that I might be able to ride provided nothing come up.

I think I need to start finding more reasons to go into work at 0400 so I can get off work early enough to ride after work. See I can sneak in an hour or two working on bikes after work all the time, but when where I want to ride takes an hour to git to and an hour back i spend all my ride time in transit.

Sucks about the thrashed forrest spot Ben. Not cool at all.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #12150
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
Quote:
It was originally scheduled for mothers day... But someone realized and thought better of it. Got rescheduled for June. Emailed josh to test the waters since it is a shop ride and I have yet to spend more than $20 at bmw fresno

We shall see ... Since they are both a BMW and a ducati dealer they have a chance at selling me my next bike (year 2020 likely :p )

Josh is a good egg, he's taken very good care of me and I haven't been a big spender there either, Steve is the only one I have issues with, I was very vocal with Josh about him a few weeks ago.

Josh and family seem to really want to turn it around and make it a friendly place. So far so good on his end.