ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #12241
slowerthanu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
If any of you are planning on riding above 4000ft its been VERY cold and will stay that way over the weekend... dress appropriately!
thats cool! thanks for the tip i will bring something warm.
any rain up there?
husaberg fe570 plated
slowerthanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #12242
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,505
Good to see you pop in Opto!
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #12243
C_S
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
A buddy and I are going to try and see if we can get to his cabin up off the Swamp Lake 4x4 trail. Anyone is welcome to join, but we are leaving at a crisp 530am.

A question for those more in the know on trails: what's the best way/route to maximize dirt time from Clovis up to Dinkey Creek?
C_S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #12244
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_S View Post
A buddy and I are going to try and see if we can get to his cabin up off the Swamp Lake 4x4 trail. Anyone is welcome to join, but we are leaving at a crisp 530am.

A question for those more in the know on trails: what's the best way/route to maximize dirt time from Clovis up to Dinkey Creek?

Take trimmer springs to big creek rd, big creek Rd. up the mountain.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #12245
C_S
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Take trimmer springs to big creek rd, big creek Rd. up the mountain.
Ok, kinda what I figured. Thanks.
C_S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #12246
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by optopilot View Post
Hi Guys,

I had to get on as I haven't been posting; but lurking. I've been following the activities all along. I've missed you guys! I see a lot of new members brought into the fold. I haven't been riding a lot but have gotten out for a few short rides locally and around SLO county. I've still got the DRZ, soon up for sale. I picked up a 97 DR350 SE last summer. It's actually more fun though a little less power. Great trail bike! I took delivery of a 05 Triumph Tiger 955 yesterday in Lucifer Orange. OMG! Smooth power! Maybe I'll be able to keep up with monte as long as he is riding 2 up on pavement! I hope to get together with some of you soon.
Damnit... What happened to my "Hiya Steve" post? Damn interwebz dog ate it.

Bah... How you like the tigger?
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #12247
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Don't hate me for asking this... Think of me as the lovable village idiot. When is WMRS again?
It's always the first weekend in August. Great run for the mighty 950!
It was great riding over the pass with you last year.

And don't worry Michael we still love you.

No haters here.....
Old 05-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #12248
FiveOJester
Monti's Nemesis

Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
A little something I threw together real quick...just for fun

Justin,

Where is this trail? I recognized everything on your second video, but not this one.

Also, where is that large sand hillclimb that Perry posted?
Old 05-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #12249
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOJester View Post
Justin,

Where is this trail? I recognized everything on your second video, but not this one.

Also, where is that large sand hillclimb that Perry posted?

The first one where Ben stalls it is the rd that cuts from the bottom of Whiskey falls rd (on the broken pavement) to the top coming out a few turns from the first gate. The one where it goes up onto the granite is....hmmm how do I explain this When you come to the whiskey falls turn off from the main rd, instead of turning right to WF, go left for about a mile then make your first right......from there you head in the direction of bass lake heading downhill, pass 3 or 4 intersections & turn right, yeah...something like that...I could get there again, but can't really explain how.

JPaccassi screwed with this post 05-24-2013 at 02:45 PM
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #12250
PotentialScat
aint

Oddometer: 1,148
That wasn't a stall. The dark dr has advanced technology that senses fatigue and shuts itself off so the rider can rest.

centralvalleyds
PotentialScat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #12251
piedralone
SoilSampleCollecter

Oddometer: 156
Ben yu scared me in that video, until you found the rear brake! Flash backs!!!
piedralone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #12252
optopilot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Damnit... What happened to my "Hiya Steve" post? Damn interwebz dog ate it.

Bah... How you like the tigger?
This is the most balanced road bike I have ever ridden. Once rolling it is effortless and easy or if you want to get on it, she really wails. I had ridden and wanted a Tiger 800 XC that was wonderful; this 955 seems better in the corners and nearly as smooth. This GRRLY was less than half the price of a similarly equipped used 800XC. It will be a regular commute vehicle and Adventure vehicle. Certainly not a trail bike.
optopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #12253
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by optopilot View Post
This is the most balanced road bike I have ever ridden. Once rolling it is effortless and easy or if you want to get on it, she really wails. I had ridden and wanted a Tiger 800 XC that was wonderful; this 955 seems better in the corners and nearly as smooth. This GRRLY was less than half the price of a similarly equipped used 800XC. It will be a regular commute vehicle and Adventure vehicle. Certainly not a trail bike.
Yep. Exactly what I am using the 950 fer. Have GOT to figure out this wheel situation. Not gonna be able git an adventure kit this summer. Just not in the cards. I think one more D606 this year to polish of the 908 rear then gonna have to run 50/50 tires. Thinking about K60 scouts, I just wanna be careful. Need something that'll really stick in the rain. That 21" front is sketchy with 400 lbs pushing it sideways dry. The wet is gonna be like riding the CBR again.

I got spoiled with the DR :p
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #12254
styger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotentialScat View Post
That wasn't a stall. The dark dr has advanced technology that senses fatigue and shuts itself off so the rider can rest.
Lmao!!! I knew the DR was always looking out for me, unlikely those KTM's always trying to buck off there riders:)

styger screwed with this post 05-26-2013 at 09:47 PM
styger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #12255
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,219
Quote:
Beasore campout
6/21-23

Quote:
OK I need to bump it to the 22nd 23rd to not only give us time but also there is a organized ride in Kern by Dual Dogs being ran and I may go.

SO.. heres the deal, anyone is welcome to come up late thursday afternoon June 20th to start the weekend. I will be there from thurday till sunday. I will open our place and empty lot next door up to anyone wanting to stay the weekend. We have running water but no hot water as the water heater froze and broke. There is a stove and of course there always is Jones store for some food and drink and hopefully gas at the old pump. Bass lake is a 35 min drive down as well as Oakhurst for ones that forgot stuff. There is room upstairs on the floor and on the deck for ones without tents. There also is free dispersed camping (need a campfire permit) all around the beasore meadows development within a mile if you want to be out in the forest.

I dont want to plan an organized ride rather leave it up to you where you want to go then share your experiences around the fire at night. I will have area maps and of course will give you directions to great places.

SO whos in for The Beasore Buttsore ride 2013 ? I will be keeping the number of people down to 20 or 30 for the first one.

View of the place from the road

OPEN OPEN OPEN ! Jones Store at the meadow

Ok... so we have a list started... I will use this post to keep up the tally etc
Wrk2surf
Cevquit
PCVANCE
Rearsteer
PotentialScat
Coarsegoldkid
JPaccassi
4 weeks
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is online now   Reply With Quote