ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #12271
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOJester View Post
Gotcha on the first road. I always truck and stage to the area just past the first gate and wondered if that road connected thru. I guess it does!

For the rock trail, so the left at the WF right, you are referring to the large 5-way intersection on the main rd (we call the main rd Casca-Del)? So you are turning left onto 8S28, right onto 8S28X and then merging onto 7S94? I need to explore that area more. I've only ever rode down 23E284 to 7S68 and up Plank Trail to Brown's Creek Trail (7S83) which is pretty fun.

I don't see any rock faces in that area, so are you riding 7S94 all the way to the rock just below Brown's Creek Trail (7S83)?

We need to ride this area sometime together...too bad this weekend is already booked.

Yep, we just found that out on Monday. We went in the same way as the week before, but ended up coming out at about the mid point on the browns creek trail. So you can connect the 7S94 to the 7S83 by going out onto that granite spot Find something new every time I ride up there

This is after we left our lunch stop out on the rocks & then I somehow found the single track out to the Browns creek trail.

JPaccassi screwed with this post 05-30-2013 at 02:55 PM
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #12272
GreeNug
210x2

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Going to be camping at Whiskey Falls campground on Saturday night and will get there sat morning around 10ish. Bring the bike up in your truck I'll bring the whiskey, or vodka, or whatever. Should be warm enough for a night ride too Supposed to be some planetary alignment this weekend, so I want to get up on some granite when its dark........already daydreaming too much, I have work to do.....
Right on then, I was bummed that I hadn't ordered the wolfman daytripper saddle bags I've been drooling over. I want a tail bag from them too.

Now all I have to decide is bring the dual sport or the Honda. Just put a new headlight on the Husky and it would be a good chance to check it out so I'm leaning that way?? Night ride sounds like fun. :

Lemme know if I can truck up any supplies or other crap for ya guys on Sat.
GreeNug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #12273
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeNug View Post
Right on then, I was bummed that I hadn't ordered the wolfman daytripper saddle bags I've been drooling over. I want a tail bag from them too.

Now all I have to decide is bring the dual sport or the Honda. Just put a new headlight on the Husky and it would be a good chance to check it out so I'm leaning that way?? Night ride sounds like fun. :

Lemme know if I can truck up any supplies or other crap for ya guys on Sat.
Hells yes PM sent.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #12274
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,899
Wicked

Quote:
Hells yes PM sent.
You guys have a good ride up there.

I'm heading south to ride Cleveland NF with the local hooligans.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:53 AM   #12275
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
You guys have a good ride up there.

I'm heading south to ride Cleveland NF with the local hooligans.
Thanks Perry. You too!
Old 05-31-2013, 09:14 AM   #12276
Scrambleon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Talking Yes, I still ride.....

Took a nice 127 mile afternoon run yesterday to try out the new taillights, turn signals, tail bag and throttle tube. Met the wife for lunch in Shaver Lake then stopped by Courtright Reservoir to Black Rock and out past Pine Flat. Everything worked great. The previous sticking throttle is now gone. I just had to get the right size throttle tube.

Getting ready for motorcycle camping. Ordered a sleeping bag and pad. Might get a new tent as well. I got a little wet in DV last trip.

Have fun camping this weekend. I will be working.

Scrambleon
Scrambleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #12277
FiveOJester
Monti's Nemesis

Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Yep, we just found that out on Monday. We went in the same way as the week before, but ended up coming out at about the mid point on the browns creek trail. So you can connect the 7S94 to the 7S83 by going out onto that granite spot Find something new every time I ride up there

This is after we left our lunch stop out on the rocks & then I somehow found the single track out to the Browns creek trail.

Yeah seriously...I find something new everytime I'm up there! Have you ever been up Plank Trail? I've only been up once but it comes in somewhere around the 3:00 mark of your video. You take a right off 7S94, probably before the point where you went up. You know it's plank when you start seeing 2x4s in the trail...not for the faint of heart!
Old 06-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #12278
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Wicked Free car show today

Features vintage cars from all over the valley. Raffle Prizes, BBQ, Live Band and a huge Swap Meet. All funds raised from the Car Show help send kids to Christian Camp.

It is located on south side of Nees between Chestnut and Willow. I have been here a couple of times. Nice atmosphere, good food and bands, free admission, family friendly. I'm going about 10. You will enjoy it if you go.
Mudpig
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #12279
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,218
I may have to cancel the june weekend at beasore meadows.. I have not had a chance to build my bike with a plate and there is a navagation rally in reno that I may neeed to be at.. AND a water leak at the cabin.. stay tuned .. I will either have a yea or nay by next saturday.
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #12280
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
I may have to cancel the june weekend at beasore meadows.. I have not had a chance to build my bike with a plate and there is a navagation rally in reno that I may neeed to be at.. AND a water leak at the cabin.. stay tuned .. I will either have a yea or nay by next saturday.
Ok, I'll be ready when you say go.

I've got dope And pipe wrenches?

July 4th is a four day ........
Old 06-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #12281
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,733
Hummm... LMAO

Wonder if I could find a mismatched single side case to match one of mine and make one of these for the 950...
You laugh now - but you wouldn't when I pulled my helmet off in 105+ degree weather and my bald ass isn't sweatin at all.

montibank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #12282
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Hummm... LMAO

Wonder if I could find a mismatched single side case to match one of mine and make one of these for the 950...
You laugh now - but you wouldn't when I pulled my helmet off in 105+ degree weather and my bald ass isn't sweatin at all.

Not sure I like the 3 gallons of cranium cool those things need but Id like you to proceed!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #12283
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
Not sure I like the 3 gallons of cranium cool those things need but Id like you to proceed!
Hah... Its all pupe dreams. Never gonna happen.
montibank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:34 AM   #12284
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Hah... Its all pupe dreams. Never gonna happen.
Yup, air conditioning is for cages!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #12285
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Whiskey Falls camping

Had a great time this weekend, got to ride some new trails...and I've probably still only covered half of them

We got to Whiskey Falls CG around 10:30am, set up camp & then headed out to ride some awesome single track! Funny how 30 miles of single track will kick your ass when your bike weighs 350+ pounds

All single track & such on day one then we went to Shuteye & back on Sunday taking the fun connector trails over to central camp rd & back home between 5:30 & 6pm.

It sucked coming home in the 100+ weather with my waterproof jacket on...need to get something more meshy ASAP

JP