ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #12346
FiveOJester
Monti's Nemesis

Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by up in smoke View Post
Holy crap that looks like a fun trail. Never been on it. About where can one find it? GPS tracks anyone?
Old 06-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #12347
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by piedralone View Post
Any riding plans for this weekend?
Hey Martin, R U riding tomorrow?

Shoot me a PM, maybe meet up?

I'm heading up there early.

Perry
Old 06-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #12348
tuna101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Place to stay off 99

Were headed to the Redwoods tomorrow in my truck camper w/bike where is a place off of 99 S of Sac. where I can park away from noise for the night. Just thought I'd ask as you guys know the area. Can be far enough south so I don't hit traffic in Sac. Mon. morning, thanks.
tuna101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #12349
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna101 View Post
Were headed to the Redwoods tomorrow in my truck camper w/bike where is a place off of 99 S of Sac. where I can park away from noise for the night. Just thought I'd ask as you guys know the area. Can be far enough south so I don't hit traffic in Sac. Mon. morning, thanks.
Well... If you are headed to yosemite on 120...

13500 Rocky Point Drive, Ojia, Ca. 93023

http://www.pinemountainlake.com/Camp...4974~21389.htm

Hot showers... Sotra primative but plenty of room.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:03 AM   #12350
PotentialScat
aint

Oddometer: 1,159
So Perry forgets his backpack on a ridge and runs back to get it while Justin, Chip and I chill in the shade. I go to stand up and hear a noise behind me. As I turn around 2 bears come crashing over the hill straight towards us. One veers off and disappears. The other stops about 30 feet away and stands there staring at us with a bunch of drool hanging out of its mouth. We decided to chill somewhere else and leave the drooling bear to do whatever it is that drooling bears do.

Perry rides a good part of Saturday with us. Strange seeing him on a dr. Twenty minutes after he splits to trade for a bike more his style the real fun began. You know the hill at Buck Rock that no one ever attempts? Well Justin rode his dr up it. So then Chip had too. Oh man, I laughed. Those two are animals. There's some entertaining video coming soon.

centralvalleyds
PotentialScat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:22 AM   #12351
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotentialScat View Post
So Perry forgets his backpack on a ridge and runs back to get it while Justin, Chip and I chill in the shade. I go to stand up and hear a noise behind me. As I turn around 2 bears come crashing over the hill straight towards us. One veers off and disappears. The other stops about 30 feet away and stands there staring at us with a bunch of drool hanging out of its mouth. We decided to chill somewhere else and leave the drooling bear to do whatever it is that drooling bears do.

Perry rides a good part of Saturday with us. Strange seeing him on a dr. Twenty minutes after he splits to trade for a bike more his style the real fun began. You know the hill at Buck Rock that no one ever attempts? Well Justin rode his dr up it. So then Chip had too. Oh man, I laughed. Those two are animals. There's some entertaining video coming soon.
I missed out on the bears and a hill climb, dam!
It was fun riding with you boyz again, been a while.
While I was looking for my lost backpack I found a nice North Face Slickrock tent!
Well after I left I hauled ass down the hill back to the shop, loaded up the DR and was off to Wasco. I got the bike trade done.JP I have some bonus DR parts for you.
Can't wait to see the video.
Good times
Old 06-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #12352
montibank
Happy

Sounds like yall had a good time, woulda killed to see the looks on your faces when the bears came crashing into your rest stop. Cool you got the DR moved quivk Perry.

Took the Mrs on a little jaunt around stainislaus nat. forrest. I think she had fun, hah hope she trusts me enough to do it again.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #12353
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Sounds like yall had a good time, woulda killed to see the looks on your faces when the bears came crashing into your rest stop. Cool you got the DR moved quivk Perry.

Took the Mrs on a little jaunt around stainislaus nat. forrest. I think she had fun, hah hope she trusts me enough to do it again.

Mike I see you found Foresta road. Did ya take it all the way down?

When I get my 640 back we will have to do a wifey ride.

Had the DR for less than two weeks, I was happy to get rid of that pig in favor of a like new 450 EXC......
Old 06-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #12354
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,522
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #12355
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,619

This kid came up the hill just after Chip & I made it up......ah to be 17 again & have all that energy

JP
Old 06-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #12356
FiveOJester
Monti's Nemesis

Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOJester View Post
Holy crap that looks like a fun trail. Never been on it. About where can one find it? GPS tracks anyone?
Nevermind, watched it again and figured it out. I've only ever run that trail going the other way. Looks a little more challenging that way!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #12357
Hesaid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,161
I think I know that hill. Cost me a locking hub on an Xterra once. And another member of our group bent the steering all up on his Wrangler on that hill. We had to use his winch through my recovery shackle to pull it straight enough for him to drive out. Good times.

Ain't about to try it on a bike.

MV
Old 06-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #12358
montibank
Happy

Cool pics and video... Ya forresta found it. So that was you then eh perry?
Old 06-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #12359
montibank
Happy

Basic Route Caren and I took...
http://goo.gl/maps/CicU6
Old 06-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #12360
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,459
Beasore camp n ride postponed till fall

My bike looks like this ...

I have to cancel this weekend but will pick a good date this fall for us cen cal guys to get together..

My buddy on the left Cevquit was ill and busy for the last two months so I havent been able to finish the two man work.. sorry to say I will have to postpone till fall.. there is always the upcoming Stewards of the sierra ride in july !
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote