ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013, 06:04 AM   #12496
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambleon View Post
Ben, Justin and Chip, What a great trip. Looks like you guys had a blast as usual. Nice pictures. Wish you guys could join us at the WMRS ride.

Scrambleon
+1

Up and moving - throwing last minute stuff on the bike and I am out the door.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #12497
styger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Hi! Been a while I know. Anybody riding tomorrow (08/03/13) locally?
Old 08-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #12498
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
Whatcha thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by styger View Post
Old 08-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #12499
styger
Adventurer

Pcvance showed me dennison ridge area which is fun, close and I've found more trail since going up there the first time. Or we could do a run up 245 to Hume lake ranger district. I know of a couple trails near cherry gap area. You got any ideas?
Old 08-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #12500
PotentialScat
aint

Oddometer: 1,146

centralvalleyds
PotentialScat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #12501
theredrocket23
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Ride Tomorrow

I may be interested in ridding tomorrow. Man I got busy at work, I have not ridden for a few Month's. Jp what a ride you guy's did. I saw the map you posted before you left and just looked at some of the photo's. Look's fun.

Is anyone ridding tomorrow. ??
theredrocket23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #12502
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,728
Home... WMRS ride was outstanding, even if a little smokey.

950 ran like a top, didn't drop it once, K60 scouts did outstanding even in the volcanic ash/sand. Hit 55 offtoad fully loaded and and nearly shat myself twice but kept it upright.

Good times!
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #12503
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by styger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredrocket23 View Post
I may be interested in ridding tomorrow. Man I got busy at work, I have not ridden for a few Month's. Jp what a ride you guy's did. I saw the map you posted before you left and just looked at some of the photo's. Look's fun.

Is anyone ridding tomorrow. ??

I couldn't ride this past weekend, but will most likely ride this weekend Not sure where yet.......let me know if anyone is interested & we'll throw something together

JP
Old 08-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #12504
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Home... WMRS ride was outstanding, even if a little smokey.

950 ran like a top, didn't drop it once, K60 scouts did outstanding even in the volcanic ash/sand. Hit 55 offtoad fully loaded and and nearly shat myself twice but kept it upright.

Good times!
Pics/video?
Old 08-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #12505
styger
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
I couldn't ride this past weekend, but will most likely ride this weekend Not sure where yet.......let me know if anyone is interested & we'll throw something together

JP
I'm out this weekend, we are doing a going away party for a family.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #12506
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,504
Quote:
Pics/video?
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #12507
Scrambleon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Talking Back from WMRS!

Just got home from WMRS. 841 miles over five days of riding. Rode over Tioga pass with Montibank, pcvance, and the Grinch. Jack was in the chase vehicle with Max. Had fun camping off the bike for the first time.

Split from the rest of the Central Valley guys on Sunday and headed North across Sonora Pass to meet with my family at the family cabin in Cow Creek. Woke up Monday morning to a fire below the cabin near Beardsley reservoir. Decide to stay an extra day to help the in-laws prepare to evacuate. Was able to squeeze in a ride through Niagra, Eagle Meadow and Haypress meadow to the top of Relief reservoir.

This morning I blasted through the back roads including Wards Ferry Road and the Priest Coulterville Road. Over all a great trip that made up for lack of riding lately. Jack Thanks for the excellent yellow fin tuna. Monti thanks for the steaks. Lets do it again soon. Sorry I don't have any pics. My photographer JP couldn't make the trip.

Scrambleon
Scrambleon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #12508
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,759
Wink

Quote:
Just got home from WMRS. 841 miles over five days of riding. Rode over Tioga pass with Montibank, pcvance, and the Grinch. Jack was in the chase vehicle with Max. Had fun camping off the bike for the first time.

Split from the rest of the Central Valley guys on Sunday and headed North across Sonora Pass to meet with my family at the family cabin in Cow Creek. Woke up Monday morning to a fire below the cabin near Beardsley reservoir. Decide to stay an extra day to help the in-laws prepare to evacuate. Was able to squeeze in a ride through Niagra, Eagle Meadow and Haypress meadow to the top of Relief reservoir.

This morning I blasted through the back roads including Wards Ferry Road and the Priest Coulterville Road. Over all a great trip that made up for lack of riding lately. Jack Thanks for the excellent yellow fin tuna. Monti thanks for the steaks. Lets do it again soon. Sorry I don't have any pics. My photographer JP couldn't make the trip.

Scrambleon
Yes, just like Josh & Mike said, great trip, I did manage to get a couple of pics I'll post up soon. Peter left his camera up at Funnel lake (10000'), he never posts pics anyway, that's why he's theGrinch.

P.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #12509
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Scrambleon
Old 08-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #12510
GreeNug
210x2

Oddometer: 176
Quote:

JP
For sure interested. Sunday works better for me but I can probably squeez in a Saturday if that works better for others.

My shoulder is still a little jacked so I'm not looking to lift my bike over any obstacles. Otherwise I'm good to go and open to any riding suggestions, fire roads to single track.
GreeNug is online now   Reply With Quote