ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #12886
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimBoy View Post
Tues ride with coarsegoldkid was great! Covered a lot of ground. My head was spinning.

Water was flowing, not sure its source

Crossing over into YNP

The off road way into YNP!
Nice pics! Thanks for sharing....and water.....where the hell did you guys find water. lol
Old 10-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #12887
optopilot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Anyone want to meet up at BC's pizza & beer (Shaw & Sunnyside) for food/drinks tomorrow after work, around 6pm?

They have at least 10-15 beers on tap & a huge selection of bottles. Pizza, sandwiches, etc. are top notch too IMO....

JP

Hi JP, It's been a while since I rode with any of you guys much less get together. I'd like to join you at BC's tonight.

Thanks, optopilot
optopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #12888
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by optopilot View Post
Hi JP, It's been a while since I rode with any of you guys much less get together. I'd like to join you at BC's tonight.

Thanks, optopilot
Absolutely, come on outI've been counting down the minutes to good food & beer, I had oatmeal for breakfast & a salad for lunch & i'm dying to return to my carnivorous ways

JP
Old 10-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #12889
optopilot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Absolutely, come on outI've been counting down the minutes to good food & beer, I had oatmeal for breakfast & a salad for lunch & i'm dying to return to my carnivorous ways

JP
Thanks JP, I'm looking forward to some good eats and meeting some new folks of the dirty 2 wheeled variety.
optopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #12890
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 506
Missed you Jeff. I've got a friend coming from north of San Fran next Monday and ride his DRZ on Tuesday and Wednesday. He's a noob so I need to take it easy on him. Mostly forest roads and I'm sure he would like to see YNP from the back door. Maybe Daryl will make it too. Join us.
http://tinyurl.com/lcy2yhu
http://tinyurl.com/lhgznun
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #12891
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post
Missed you Jeff. I've got a friend coming from north of San Fran next Monday and ride his DRZ on Tuesday and Wednesday. He's a noob so I need to take it easy on him. Mostly forest roads and I'm sure he would like to see YNP from the back door. Maybe Daryl will make it too. Join us.
Ill sure try, this house is just consuming me.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #12892
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,735
Good times...

Too bad I had to drag my grub grabber along but he had a good time. He chatted the whole way home about how much fun he had ... I think he like snuggling with Justin.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #12893
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Good times...

Too bad I had to drag my grub grabber along but he had a good time. He chatted the whole way home about how much fun he had ... I think he like snuggling with Justin.
LOL. Kids love me what can I say.......I'm almost kind of glad that we had to go over to West Coast Fish & Chips since BC's was packed....I would have drank too many beers if we had found a table over there. Glad you guys could make it out Let's do it again soon.

JP
Old 10-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #12894
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
BCs

It's a great place, with free pizza if you get there early enough. But it has become a very popular hangout. Being retired, I have learned you have to get there before 5 on a weeknight if you are going to find a place to sit in the bar, and sometimes even the restaurant portion. Great beer selection and good grub, hard to beat combination. Did I ever tell you guys I am a certified beer judge? No kidding, I judge homebrew events up and down the valley, have been doing it over 20 years.
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #12895
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
It's a great place, with free pizza if you get there early enough. But it has become a very popular hangout. Being retired, I have learned you have to get there before 5 on a weeknight if you are going to find a place to sit in the bar, and sometimes even the restaurant portion. Great beer selection and good grub, hard to beat combination. Did I ever tell you guys I am a certified beer judge? No kidding, I judge homebrew events up and down the valley, have been doing it over 20 years.
I love the place too, but there wasn't an empty seat in the place when I got there I am still craving their Ultimate Calzoni.......

I remember you saying that you did the homebrew thing, but didn't know about the judging. I have always wanted to try it, and so now I have a couple of questions for ya

In your opinion, are the $100 first time homebrewing kits that I see on the internet any good? Do you know of one that you would recommend?

For the first time home brewer, what are the most common mistakes the first timers make? Vital equipment, Brewing conditions (temperature, etc.), ingredients.....

And last but not least, why are so many people making IPA's....IMO they are all horrible

JP
Old 10-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #12896
Hesaid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 975
Quote:

And last but not least, why are so many people making IPA's....IMO they are all horrible

JP
That's exactly why so many people make them. They can taste horrible and no one can complain, because if they do, well, they're just not sophisticated enough to appreciate a fine IPA. Probably fizzy yellow beer drinkers. Everyone knows the best beer tastes awful.

MV
Old 10-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #12897
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I love the place too, but there wasn't an empty seat in the place when I got there I am still craving their Ultimate Calzoni.......

I remember you saying that you did the homebrew thing, but didn't know about the judging. I have always wanted to try it, and so now I have a couple of questions for ya

In your opinion, are the $100 first time homebrewing kits that I see on the internet any good? Do you know of one that you would recommend?

For the first time home brewer, what are the most common mistakes the first timers make? Vital equipment, Brewing conditions (temperature, etc.), ingredients.....

JP
Justin, Ive got a full grain 10 gallon setup with kegs. Haven't brewed any this year but we could do a batch if your interested. Takes the better part of a 4 hours to do.
I also dont like IPA, tastes like grass IMO. Now a nice Porter or red and we are talkin!
Old 10-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #12898
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesaid View Post
That's exactly why so many people make them. They can taste horrible and no one can complain, because if they do, well, they're just not sophisticated enough to appreciate a fine IPA. Probably fizzy yellow beer drinkers. Everyone knows the best beer tastes awful.

MV
LOL, It doesn't have to be that way My go to all around beer is Newcastle, next probably being Blue Moon, then throw in the occasional Guinness (has to be ice cold though). IPA's make me pucker & cringe, it's not a pleasurable experience for me.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #12899
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
Justin, Ive got a full grain 10 gallon setup with kegs. Haven't brewed any this year but we could do a batch if your interested. Takes the better part of a 4 hours to do.
I also dont like IPA, tastes like grass IMO. Now a nice Porter or red and we are talkin!
Absolutely! I'm in. I would love to see the basic process & get an idea of what's involved. Thanks!
Old 10-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #12900
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Absolutely! I'm in. I would love to see the basic process & get an idea of what's involved. Thanks!
Pick your poison and ill get the ingredients.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brewing/recipe-kits

The Irish red is really good here but Im open to anything.