ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #13021
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,521
I had a great time yesterday guys, even though we couldn't find star lakesWe now know a lot of the dirt around star lakes though, and where not to find star lakes I got home around 6:15, left North Fork after sundown...wasn't too bad once we got out of the hills & back down into the valley.

JPaccassi screwed with this post 11-18-2013 at 06:38 PM
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #13022
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
I had a great time yesterday guys, even though we couldn't find star lakesWe now know a lot of the dirt around star lakes though, and where not to find star lakes I got home around 6:15, left North Fork after sundown...wasn't too bad once we got out of the hills & back down into the valley.
I know the way but was in Baja racing..
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #13023
coarsegoldkid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
If you take the Mt. Raymond road out of Fish Camp you come to the signed junction to Star Lakes. I've seen the sign a few times but have never taken the road. I think what you have pictured is called Iron Lakes.
http://tinyurl.com/lcy2yhu
http://tinyurl.com/lhgznun
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #13024
KimBoy
Cloud Chaser

Oddometer: 150
star what...?

First off. Great ride. Second....well doesn't matter. Got home at 5:47. Jp you must have hauled...or your visit was short. Clocked my trip at 203 miles. We now know how many ways not to get to star. But we also know a few good camp spots now too. The coast has some weather moving in tonight...so maybe we might get some rain or snow up high. I know it limits the riding but we need it!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #13025
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Vids

Just a couple of short vids from the Iron/Star Lakes area.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #13026
piedralone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
Nice video JP, I wanted to go but just got the BRP back and wasn't sure it was repaired. I think it is, intermittent CDI failure. I am heading to the desert t day weekend with the other Justin, I remember there was some chatter about some others going. Is that still the case? I am still not sure what part we are heading for heading for.
piedralone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #13027
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by piedralone View Post
Nice video JP, I wanted to go but just got the BRP back and wasn't sure it was repaired. I think it is, intermittent CDI failure. I am heading to the desert t day weekend with the other Justin, I remember there was some chatter about some others going. Is that still the case? I am still not sure what part we are heading for heading for.
I will be there in Cal city on Friday thru Sun.

Wife and friends will be in a VERY red four door jeep, most of us will be on bikes (kids). If you see the Jeep, ya found us.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #13028
Scrambleon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Wink

KimBoy,

I think I saw you Sunday morning on lower Auberry Rd. near Copper. That helmet is hard to miss. I was the one in the blue Mazda CX-9 waving to you.

We were headed to the Color Me Rad 5K run at Woodward Park, otherwise I would of been joining you guys. I am kind of glad you guys didn't find the route into Star Lakes since it is on my list and maybe you will have to try again and I might be able to make it.

Scrambleon
Scrambleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:12 AM   #13029
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

This is what we need to find. Stupid directions say take 5S48 to 5S26....we were all over the 5S48 but couldnt find it, although we didn't take the 5S48C offshoot because it seemed to be heading the wrong direction, but hell that must have been it

Old 11-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #13030
KimBoy
Cloud Chaser

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambleon View Post
KimBoy,

I think I saw you Sunday morning on lower Auberry Rd. near Copper. That helmet is hard to miss. I was the one in the blue Mazda CX-9 waving to you.

We were headed to the Color Me Rad 5K run at Woodward Park, otherwise I would of been joining you guys. I am kind of glad you guys didn't find the route into Star Lakes since it is on my list and maybe you will have to try again and I might be able to make it.

Scrambleon
That was me! Sorry didn't see ya. Most of that early ride was spent thinking how cold my fingers were. If weather permits I may try for star lakes on Mon or tues coming up. How was the color run? Last person I knew who did that forgot towels for the ride home in the car...little messy.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #13031
coarsegoldkid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
to star lakes

http://goo.gl/maps/OhhYX

or

http://goo.gl/maps/TTyXO
http://tinyurl.com/lcy2yhu
http://tinyurl.com/lhgznun
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #13032
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,710
Trackday = awesome

Going into work at a reasonable rate ... Disappointing. Haha. Hoping to have some pics I know some video got shot too. Definately picked up the pace since my last day there. Didnt go down damn near high sidded myself to the moon once but managed to save it. Good times!
montibank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #13033
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,504
Good Job Monti! Every time (I've only gone once :P) I've come home from the track I have a real hard time being thrilled with the public road pace.

Awesome pictures JP.
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #13034
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimBoy View Post
That was me! Sorry didn't see ya. Most of that early ride was spent thinking how cold my fingers were. If weather permits I may try for star lakes on Mon or tues coming up. How was the color run? Last person I knew who did that forgot towels for the ride home in the car...little messy.
Pretty sure Star Lakes is now out of reach for the season I looked at the Sentinel Dome webcam this morning which is at 8k ft., and there's a good amount of snow. S. Dome is about 10 miles north of Star Lakes. The Shaver lake webcam shows no signs of snow, only rain.

It's officially desert riding season

Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post

Thanks, that gives me a pretty good idea of where it is now, we were very close.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #13035
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,111
not yet.. there is nothing forcast for 10 days ! the incoming mono winds may evaporte alot of that 4 or 5 inches of snow by the middle of next week leaving it looking like the photos from the trip last weekend. We may get up till the middle of December before it is totally closed from snow,
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote