ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #13036
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,763
Dove springs this sat and sun. Leaving Fri, if any of you posers want to ride some desert...
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #13037
C_S
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quick vid of trail from a couple weeks ago, up above Gaggs Camp. Good fun, perfect dirt, though we did hit a bunch of snow in the shade/North aspects. Probably not rideable after that last storm.

Just another trail in the Sierra from Craig Saunders on Vimeo.

C_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #13038
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
Dove springs this sat and sun. Leaving Fri, if any of you posers want to ride some desert...
I wish.

Daddy duty this weekend. Have fun!
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #13039
Luuth
Riding

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_S View Post
Quick vid of trail from a couple weeks ago, up above Gaggs Camp. Good fun, perfect dirt, though we did hit a bunch of snow in the shade/North aspects. Probably not rideable after that last storm.

That looks fun Craig!
Luuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #13040
ffjmoore
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
I didnt get to do any rides this year with you guys but i have been actively recruiting. I got one of my buddies to by a DRZ400. We did one ride from strawberry to bald mountain and he was hooked. I took another friend out this weekend just to put around by the river and he is now going to sell his roadstar and look for a dual sport. Something in the 600 range. While he rode i filmed with my hexacopter.

ffjmoore screwed with this post 11-24-2013 at 11:00 PM
ffjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #13041
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_S View Post

That dirt does look perfect one of these days I'm going to have to get a real dirt bike to see how things should really be
Old 11-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #13042
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffjmoore View Post
I didnt get to do any rides this year with you guys but i have been actively recruiting. I got one of my buddies to by a DRZ400. We did one ride from strawberry to bald mountain and he was hooked. I took another friend out this weekend just to put around by the river and he is now going to sell his roadstar and look for a dual sport. Something in the 600 range. While he rode i filmed with my hexacopter.

Nice flying, where was this filmed at? Did you transport the hexcopter via bike (backpack) or did you drive out there?
Old 11-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #13043
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Couple more vids from last Sunday

Old 11-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #13044
ffjmoore
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Nice flying, where was this filmed at? Did you transport the hexcopter via bike (backpack) or did you drive out there?
Its the north side of the river west of the 41. I parked by the golf course. My buddy rode on the back and held the hex and then i flew around while he rode.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #13045
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffjmoore View Post
Its the north side of the river west of the 41. I parked by the golf course. My buddy rode on the back and held the hex and then i flew around while he rode.
How far does that road go?
Old 11-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #13046
ffjmoore
Adventurer

Laugh

Maybe a mile. There are small single track loops here and there but it would get boring in an hour or so. It's also gated and you can get kicked out I guess, or worse. The road ends where a 10 foot section of road is washed out. If you built a jump you could ride farther.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #13047
FiveOJester
Monti's Nemesis

Oddometer: 264
So I've finally gotten the green light to sell the XT and get myself something a little more street worthy for the long dual-sports than my 400EXC (not selling the EXC). Been thinking DR all along, but this LC4 is just begging to be bought.

http://fresno.craigslist.org/mcy/4209441742.html

Perry, isnt' yours this same year? I've never heard of an SXC. Something special? My EXC is the same year and it looks like a lot of the plastics and misc parts are the same which would be nice. A little out of my price range (I'll probably get $2250 for the XT), but it looks very enticing!

The kickstand might be tad short. I only have to put one 2x4 under my EXC!
Old 11-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #13048
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOJester View Post
So I've finally gotten the green light to sell the XT and get myself something a little more street worthy for the long dual-sports than my 400EXC (not selling the EXC). Been thinking DR all along, but this LC4 is just begging to be bought.

http://fresno.craigslist.org/mcy/4209441742.html

Perry, isnt' yours this same year? I've never heard of an SXC. Something special? My EXC is the same year and it looks like a lot of the plastics and misc parts are the same which would be nice. A little out of my price range (I'll probably get $2250 for the XT), but it looks very enticing!

The kickstand might be tad short. I only have to put one 2x4 under my EXC!
Dave, that's a nice 625, you should go buy it! My LC4 is a 2000 640 E.
The 625 is the lean and mean, lighter more powerfull version. My brother Jack has one. You will need the 4.75 gallon tank. Stock tank is only 2 gallons.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #13049
PotentialScat
aint

Oddometer: 1,159
Go for it 5oj. That bike looks sweet. If I had 4 g's it would already be gone.
---------

Perfect dirt in the desert this past weekend. Cold, windy and wet friday night but worth it. Chip led my wife and I on a couple of loops saturday begining with him kicking his bike 200 times and throwing it down the road at @40. Then we fed a mouse beer and pretzels. Sunday I broke out the gopro and chip and I did a quick loop and left after lunch.

centralvalleyds
PotentialScat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #13050
piedralone
SoilSampleCollecter

Oddometer: 170
Cool vid Ben. Still heading to the desert with the other Justin, still not sure where close as I figure NO Jawbone/ Dove by about 15 - 20 Mi. on Trona Rd. once I get the area some what will try to post up. I am thinking, none of my favorite water based substance / no boulders the size of VWs
piedralone is offline   Reply With Quote