ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #13081
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
DV sound interesting. Let's see how Baja goes first.
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #13082
PotentialScat
aint

Oddometer: 1,159
Good to see you back Andrew. Sorry we missed you at dove springs.

I might be down for some dvdaze. Anyone volunteering to haul luggage and firewood?

Footage from a few weeks ago after our star lakes attempt.

Beaver Pond Rd

centralvalleyds
PotentialScat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #13083
piedralone
SoilSampleCollecter

Oddometer: 170
Thanks J P for translating for McKay. was a great time down in the desert Thanksgiving weekend. Weather was good, mid 50s during the day high 30s or so at night. Rain the week before kept the dust at bay and even mud in some places. No Verizon service, excellent AT & T though. Lets see if I can get some pics up.
http://s497.photobucket.com/user/pie...Desert%2011-13
Need to see how to post single pics
piedralone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #13084
KimBoy
Cloud Chaser

Oddometer: 162
Dv dazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
That's a long time off the 950!....what Chip would refer to as the single track trophy truck That would probably be the perfect bike for Death Valley this coming January....

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=939287

Anyone else interested in DV Daze 14? Jan 31 thru Feb 3 2014 at Furnace Creek campground. I'm in, hopefully riding in from Ridgecrest on the single track & over the passes. absolutely fucking awesome ride!
Sounds like a great time. Should b able to work it into the schedule. What's the plan for camping out? Seems the link says spots r sold out already. I'll know for sure in a couple days.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #13085
Scrambleon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 311
Pissed Oh Crap!

Oh Crap!

I had to put in my 2014 vacation last October. I had to guess when DVDaze was going to happen. I guessed wrong! I now have the weekend before DVDaze off. Oh well, I will have to wait until Jan. 1 to see if I can still get it off on first come first served. I'm about 80% sure I can still get it off.

Perry, are you planning the same trip as last year? Is Jack going again? I want to ride in like I tried to do last year with you guys. Sounds like a good sized group of the locals going this year. Should be fun as usual.

Scrambleon
Scrambleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #13086
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by piedralone View Post
Thanks J P for translating for McKay. was a great time down in the desert Thanksgiving weekend. Weather was good, mid 50s during the day high 30s or so at night. Rain the week before kept the dust at bay and even mud in some places. No Verizon service, excellent AT & T though. Lets see if I can get some pics up.
lol! I was there too never saw a BRP the whole weekend, looks like you had a good time, I know that weather was ideal!
Old 12-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #13087
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by piedralone View Post
Nice slideshow Martin! Looks like you had a good sized crew out there
Old 12-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #13088
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimBoy View Post
Sounds like a great time. Should b able to work it into the schedule. What's the plan for camping out? Seems the link says spots r sold out already. I'll know for sure in a couple days.

There are plenty of spots it's just the ones in the back that all the riders reserve are taken. I sent Perry a PM to see if he's planning on doing it just like the last 2 years where we drive into ridgecrest, park at an ADVer's house & ride into DV. His brother Jack usually takes all our gear & drives to DV. Hopefully I'll hear back soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambleon View Post
Oh Crap!

I had to put in my 2014 vacation last October. I had to guess when DVDaze was going to happen. I guessed wrong! I now have the weekend before DVDaze off. Oh well, I will have to wait until Jan. 1 to see if I can still get it off on first come first served. I'm about 80% sure I can still get it off.

Perry, are you planning the same trip as last year? Is Jack going again? I want to ride in like I tried to do last year with you guys. Sounds like a good sized group of the locals going this year. Should be fun as usual.

Scrambleon

I thought the same, but luckily this year my work schedule is cooperating
Old 12-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #13089
itnanti
aka "cautious cotta"

Oddometer: 403
Headed up to Visalia for Christmas. Any rides happening Sunday or Monday before Christmas?

itnanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #13090
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itnanti View Post
Headed up to Visalia for Christmas. Any rides happening Sunday or Monday before Christmas?
Not I, unfortunately Gotta work Monday & have my son that weekend.

JP
Old 12-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #13091
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,778
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambleon View Post
Oh Crap!

Scrambleon
I am hoping to make it as well. Definately riding in on the 950 if I do go. Wonder if I could talk the Mrs. into going 2 up :p

Quote:
Unlikely for me December always ends up being the only month out of the year I cant ride at all.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #13092
Hesaid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,159
Quote:
Besides work, Shesaid and I will probably have some shopping to do. Wouldn't want to leave it until the last minute or anything.

MV
Old 12-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #13093
GreeNug
210x2

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
[/U]Anyone plan on riding this Sunday? I have family obligations in San Jose on Saturday...
Gotta work Saturday, but on sunday SUNDAY sunday, where did ya wanna ride to??
GreeNug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #13094
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeNug View Post
Gotta work Saturday, but on sunday SUNDAY sunday, where did ya wanna ride to??

I'm thinking that the last snow storm that hit low elevations hasn't melted off much yet. I'm still seeing snow on the banks of Bass lake in their webcam shots.

Maybe Big creek rd, Sycamore springs, Millflat/Davis Rds, back way to Delilah LO, just explore all those offshoots to the west, find sweet tacky dirt & have fun?
Old 12-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #13095
GreeNug
210x2

Oddometer: 202
Sounds good to me. Haven't been to Delilah in a long while. I heard all the gates around millwood are already closed.

We can load up and head over to the coastal mountains or maybe even Cal City or something if you're feeling froggy and wanted to get an early, early start?? I've got the gas covered.
GreeNug is offline   Reply With Quote