ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #13141
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Thanks

Yep, about 350 miles from Fresno. 180 miles of freeway & 175 miles of dirt Last gas in Trona puts us about 130 miles from Furnace creek

I tried to map the whole route but the manly pass singletrack is not on there, it's pretty close though.

View Larger Map
The dirt starts in Tehachapi if we want, only 90 miles from Visalia...
Old 12-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #13142
coarsegoldkid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
I look forward to your planning party after the holidays.
http://tinyurl.com/lcy2yhu
http://tinyurl.com/lhgznun
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #13143
theredrocket23
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
DV day's

I kinda want to in on Friday w/ you guys but would like to drive back w/Grenug if possible. I have a trailer to donate. It would probably be a good idea to have a trailer there anyway in case a bike brakes and we need to carry it home. Just saying, Those yellow bikes do seam to quit once in a while.
theredrocket23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #13144
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredrocket23 View Post
I kinda want to in on Friday w/ you guys but would like to drive back w/Grenug if possible. I have a trailer to donate. It would probably be a good idea to have a trailer there anyway in case a bike brakes and we need to carry it home. Just saying, Those yellow bikes do seam to quit once in a while.
Yellow bikes....Who's going to be riding an early 80's Yamaha ?? The only time my bike has let me down was when I tried to use it as a kayak on Big Creek after a downpour.....damn, it would have been nice to have a GoPro back when that happened.....and If I haven't said it enough, thanks again Dave for jumping in & pulling me out.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #13145
FiveOJester
Monti's Nemesis

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Thanks

Yep, about 350 miles from Fresno. 180 miles of freeway & 175 miles of dirt Last gas in Trona puts us about 130 miles from Furnace creek

I tried to map the whole route but the manly pass singletrack is not on there, it's pretty close though.

View Larger Map
JP, you should take a detour to the Trona pinnacles. About 2 miles past the intersection of Trona rd and Searles Station turn right at the wagon wheel staging area. take off east across the small mountain range until you hit the railroad tracks. Take the adjacent road north to the Pinnacles. Aftrr you leave head north into Trona town.
From Spangler, MLK 2013

FiveOJester screwed with this post 12-20-2013 at 03:54 PM
FiveOJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #13146
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOJester View Post
JP, you should take a detour to the Trona pinnacles. About 2 miles past the intersection of Trona rd and Searles Station turn right at the wagon wheel staging area. take off east across the small mountain range until you hit the railroad tracks. Take the adjacent road north to the Pinnacles. Aftrr you leave head north into Trona town.
From Spangler, MLK 2013
Gotcha...dragged the route over to the other side of the mountain. Teagle Wash-Pinnacle rd. We tried going that way 2 years ago & somehow lost the rd & ended up at the China Lake weapons facility gate I think I saw the rd again on our way back, after the train tracks, but by that time we were running short on time & just B-lined it to Trona on the street.

View Larger Map
Old 12-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #13147
Scrambleon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
Eh? You guys are killing me!

I won't know for another 2 weeks if I will be able to make DV Daze.

If I can make it, I won't be riding the KLX the whole way in. My first choice would be to ride in from Ridgecrest. Plan B would be to trailer the whole way, kinda of like last year.

How many sites have you Central Valley guys reserved? Will there be room for me and a vehicle?

Scrambleon
Scrambleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #13148
theredrocket23
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
dv days

I have a 4 door truck and a 12' trailer that will hold bikes and gear. It looks like my bro. will be able to drive it there with his bike and cary any gear or people and more bikes with him. I do want a spot to ride back with him as we will leave by noon on Sunday for work Monday. He can leave Friday to meet us riders in Furnace creek Friday evening. We however have not rented any sites as of now, Is there any sites available still, Might be good too take as few trucks as possible to conserve space ?
theredrocket23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #13149
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,728
Quote:
Might be good too take as few trucks as possible to conserve space ?
Yes.

I am going to register for a walk in site to pitch my tent at and was hoping to park the bike @ JP's but we shall see.
montibank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #13150
GreeNug
210x2

Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Plenty of room for ya if you wanna roll back with me, pretty sure I can fit 3 bikes in the back of the truck if need be. My truck has 4 full doors but has the shorty bed, if yours is a long bed it maybe a better choice to take. The trailer I have is 8ft and is set up for hauling a couple of bikes w/ wheel chocks n such. Either way we go there should be room for all us to take one truck hopefully as JP said his spot was only rated for 2 vehicles or 8 people.

Whoops just saw the post about your bro.

JP scored the camp spot by keeping an eye on the camp registration page and scooping it up after someone else had cancelled. I've been looking but haven't seen any other camp spots pop up yet in the right section of the campground.

I had some extra vacation time and took the Friday, Mon and Tues off around that weekend so should be good to go schedule wise. You have the camp spot thru Sunday night into Moday right JP? When were guys panning on heading back?

I've never been into Death Valley and am really looking forward to this.

GreeNug screwed with this post 12-22-2013 at 10:51 AM
GreeNug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #13151
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeNug View Post
Plenty of room for ya if you wanna roll back with me, pretty sure I can fit 3 bikes in the back of the truck if need be. My truck has 4 full doors but has the shorty bed, if yours is a long bed it maybe a better choice to take. The trailer I have is 8ft and is set up for hauling a couple of bikes w/ wheel chocks n such. Either way we go there should be room for all us to take one truck hopefully as JP said his spot was only rated for 2 vehicles or 8 people.

JP scored the camp spot by keeping an eye on the camp registration page and scooping it up after someone else had cancelled. I've been looking but haven't seen any other camp spots pop up yet in the right section of the campground.

I had some extra vacation time and took the Friday, Mon and Tues off around that weekend so should be good to go schedule wise. You have the camp spot thru Sunday night into Moday right JP? When were guys panning on heading back?

Got tent/walk in site 146. Basically just a place to pitch my tent. Site says room for 8 bodies. I have a 4 man tent ... room for another if someone wants to share a tent spot.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #13152
GreeNug
210x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Got tent/walk in site 146. Basically just a place to pitch my tent. Site says room for 8 bodies. I have a 4 man tent ... room for another if someone wants to share a tent spot.
I was just looking and it seems like there is a big parking lot below the walk in tent area, should be some room for parking there?

I also noticed that site #65 was still available for the weekend and is pretty close to everyone / everything, it's actually right next to site #146.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #13153
montibank
Happy

Almost grabbed 65 and decided I didnt need a big site for me.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #13154
GreeNug
210x2

Coastal Mountain Tour

From last weekends ride....

Old 12-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #13155
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

I'm taking Friday through Monday off & have the camp spot overnight Sunday with a 12pm Monday check out time.

Quote:
From last weekends ride....

I made the cut, I'm in the movie! Nice vid sir, I'm almost done with mine, looks pretty much the same, but I'll probably add some music

JPaccassi screwed with this post 12-23-2013 at 08:40 AM
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote