ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2013, 11:42 PM   #13186
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,774
Might take you up on it ... got a few offers for similar now just gotta figure out schedule wise what works.

Have tomorrow off from work - er kinda. Lab dropped my samples I submitted and I have to re-sample. Bummer but should only take 20 min or so.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #13187
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,520
Glad you're AOK Monti!

Happy New Year!
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #13188
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,379
Talking Happy New Year!

To all you FF's
Old 01-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #13189
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 543
And the same to you sir. I look forward to many rides in 2014. Now for you viewing pleasure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcpmi-H1dtA
http://tinyurl.com/lcy2yhu
http://tinyurl.com/lhgznun
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #13190
KimBoy
Cloud Chaser

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
My tent is a 4 man if that saves you some space. I get outside spoon though.

Congrats on passing DMV.

What bike you got again? KLR? Pre 2007 style? There is a desert tank for sale at APF if you are looking. Its a monster too.
Thanks. Bike is Dr. Already got the 5.3 gal tank so good to go. Spoon...umm first a bike crash now explaining spooning to the wife with another dude??? I'll prob take you up on the tent.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #13191
montibank
Happy

Hah alright other half of tent reserved with yer name.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #13192
montibank
Happy

One fly trekker / afx mirrored sheild up for grabs. I think it has 500 miles or less on it. First one to reply gits it...
Old 01-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #13193
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
One fly trekker / afx mirrored sheild up for grabs. I think it has 500 miles or less on it. First one to reply gits it...
Is it the one you crashed in? Sold!
When you want to paint the 9fiddy?
Old 01-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #13194
montibank
Happy

Yours!

Hahah no it was sitting on the shelf I had the clear one installed when I crashed. Same helmet though.

I bought a white helmet in anticipation of painting the 950 white though :p

Its prolly gonna be after summer though. Kinda hurting after the holidays and recent gear replacement needs. Ballpark curious though. If I brought all the orange bits in to you off bike... (there are 8 to 10 total I believe) what is mother of pearl while gonna run me?
Old 01-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #13195
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Yours!

Hahah no it was sitting on the shelf I had the clear one installed when I crashed. Same helmet though.

I bought a white helmet in anticipation of painting the 950 white though :p

Its prolly gonna be after summer though. Kinda hurting after the holidays and recent gear replacement needs. Ballpark curious though. If I brought all the orange bits in to you off bike... (there are 8 to 10 total I believe) what is mother of pearl while gonna run me?
Bring me the parts I'll make um pearl white or any color of your choice for $600.
Lifetime warranty on adhesion and gloss retention, just don't drop it again.
No warranty for self inflicted damage. I will include minor plastic repairs, scratches, dings etc. at that price.
Whenever you are ready it takes 1-2 weeks turnaround time depending on shop workload.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:02 PM   #13196
Hesaid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Bring me the parts I'll make um pearl white or any color of your choice for $600.
Lifetime warranty on adhesion and gloss retention, just don't drop it again.
No warranty for self inflicted damage. I will include minor plastic repairs, scratches, dings etc. at that price.
Whenever you are ready it takes 1-2 weeks turnaround time depending on shop workload.

Hey Perry, while we're on that subject, I imagine you guys can do most any bike plastics? And how are your guys at the ding removal, from say, a Yamaha fuel tank? Or, if I can find one for less than the cost of a new bike, an XT350 fuel tank? Shesaid has some ideas...

And thanks for your input in the other thread. I responded there, but the bottom line is, no access from 19S09 to 198, at least, no legal access...

MV
Old 01-01-2014, 11:09 PM   #13197
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesaid View Post
Hey Perry, while we're on that subject, I imagine you guys can do most any bike plastics? And how are your guys at the ding removal, from say, a Yamaha fuel tank? Or, if I can find one for less than the cost of a new bike, an XT350 fuel tank? Shesaid has some ideas...

And thanks for your input in the other thread. I responded there, but the bottom line is, no access from 19S09 to 198, at least, no legal access...

MV
Matt, bring that tank by the shop and I can give you an estimate to repair & repaint. We can paint most types of plastic moto parts. The flexible fenders do tend to chip or crack in off road use though. I'd be cool to customize Shesaid's ride.

True dat on 19S09

Perry
Old 01-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #13198
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Cool thank you. Turn around time is why I was thinking about grabbing a second set of plastics to have painted till I saw the prices. Holy cow. To replace all the fenders on the damn thing is stupid expensive.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:12 AM   #13199
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Cool thank you. Turn around time is why I was thinking about grabbing a second set of plastics to have painted till I saw the prices. Holy cow. To replace all the fenders on the damn thing is stupid expensive.
If we plan it right, this could be done in 3-5 days...KTM means Kill The Money, right?
Especially the big bikes...

Are all the original parts in good condition? No cracks or deep scratches?

pcvance screwed with this post 01-03-2014 at 07:28 AM
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #13200
montibank
Happy

Quote:
If we plan it right, this could be done in 3-5 days...KTM means Kill The Money, right?
Especially the big bikes...

Are all the original parts in good condition? No cracks or deep scratches?
Yep. However there is the whole bubbling. Vynil problem. Like I said its gonna be a while either way.