ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #13366
coarsegoldkid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotentialScat View Post
Just checking out the pretty clouds.

I did have a scary off on the way home monday just below the geologists cabin where I hit a jump too fast, got crossed up landing in some ruts and highsided. Ended up with my left leg pinned under the right side of the bike... like I was sitting on it backwards. Had to pull my foot out of the boot and then lift the bike. Rashed my helment and scraped off my lab2v sticker.

Wish I'd had the energy to laugh because that was hilarious.
Glad you wanted to laugh about it. And that you weren't broken.
http://tinyurl.com/lcy2yhu
http://tinyurl.com/lhgznun
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #13367
KimBoy
Cloud Chaser

Oddometer: 152
Talking DV was a blast!

Good times guys! Work has been hard the last couple days due to the excessive fun factor of dv daze. Want to thank everyone who helped pick my bike up and waited for me. I want another shot at echo....this time 1st gear...duh. found a 15$ headlight on ebay. New chain guide is on its way too. looks like your warp 9 took a hit jp? Monti we may have been cazy riding from fresno but I had blast on the slab. Minus that headwind outside ridgecrest on the way back.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:11 PM   #13368
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimBoy View Post
Good times guys! Work has been hard the last couple days due to the excessive fun factor of dv daze. Want to thank everyone who helped pick my bike up and waited for me. I want another shot at echo....this time 1st gear...duh. found a 15$ headlight on ebay. New chain guide is on its way too. looks like your warp 9 took a hit jp? Monti we may have been cazy riding from fresno but I had blast on the slab. Minus that headwind outside ridgecrest on the way back.
Hah ya that wind was aweful.

Great time... Next desert trip I'm takin the 530 :p
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #13369
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Hah ya that wind was aweful.

Great time... Next desert trip I'm takin the 530 :p
and preparation H!
Old 02-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #13370
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimBoy View Post

Yeah, I smashed it up pretty good It was rubbing on my sprocket afterward so I took it off. I think I'll just hammer the side plates flat again & put it back on
Old 02-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #13371
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,763
litterally laugh out loud everytime i see that pic. that was one hell of a ride to the top of that hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotentialScat View Post
Just checking out the pretty clouds.

I did have a scary off on the way home monday just below the geologists cabin where I hit a jump too fast, got crossed up landing in some ruts and highsided. Ended up with my left leg pinned under the right side of the bike... like I was sitting on it backwards. Had to pull my foot out of the boot and then lift the bike. Rashed my helment and scraped off my lab2v sticker.

Wish I'd had the energy to laugh because that was hilarious.
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #13372
KimBoy
Cloud Chaser

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Yeah, I smashed it up pretty good It was rubbing on my sprocket afterward so I took it off. I think I'll just hammer the side plates flat again & put it back on
Nice! Its now a custom chain guide and will increase the value of the dr.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #13373
montibank
Happy

+1

And anyone that doesnt agree doesnt deserve to own it
Old 02-07-2014, 08:10 AM   #13374
GreeNug
210x2

Oddometer: 176
Quote:
That sucks. Was really worried I was gonna flat the 950. No chance in hell fixing that on the trail. What did it take to fix it time wise? 30 min?

Oh and I love that trick ass trail stand.
Umm, I would have had the rim back on and ready to roll in just under a half hour if I hadn't daggered the first tube with the tire lever, like I always seem to do to the first one. Haha.

Chip gets credit for the trick rock construction that served as a moto stand. Thanks to Greg too for stepping up and spooning on that tire the second time. I was tired and pissed @ that point and probably would have popped a second one, haha.
GreeNug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #13375
theredrocket23
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeNug View Post
Umm, I would have had the rim back on and ready to roll in just under a half hour if I hadn't daggered the first tube with the tire lever, like I always seem to do to the first one. Haha.

Chip gets credit for the trick rock construction that served as a moto stand. Thanks to Greg too for stepping up and spooning on that tire the second time. I was tired and pissed @ that point and probably would have popped a second one, haha.

Nop prob. Nathan, that is what friends are for man. Had a great time with you guys, looking forward to the next one.
theredrocket23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #13376
theredrocket23
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
theredrocket23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:31 PM   #13377
montibank
Happy

Quote:

Damn that sucks... I have to admit I did chuckle a bit though reading it. I am sure there is a joke in there - maybe someone better with words can craft it... Something about double-up-on-rubber-nug. Speaking of double rubbers looks like I pulled out just in time - tons of flats on Monday. A rear flat on the 950 would have been bad.

montibank screwed with this post 02-07-2014 at 05:38 PM
Old 02-07-2014, 06:45 PM   #13378
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,188
Quote:

Looked like a great ride ! Should have taken Chip up..

I couldnt help but notice it seemed to be a skimpy tube.. I have had excellent luck with ULTRA heavy duty tubes by Michelin or Bridgestone .. they are a bitch to mount and heavy as hell but with a higher psi like 18-20 rear 12-18 front you will get less flats just my 2cents..
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #13379
montibank
Happy

Agreed. I was terrified to pinch a tube ... bought the thickest most expensive tubes I could find and ran 32f/36r psi in the 950 all weekend.

I think I have only pinch flatted once (and that may have been a puncture) on the 530 since 2008. Good tubes are worth it.

Speaking of "tubes" who gots video they are hoarding?
Old 02-08-2014, 08:33 AM   #13380
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
Quote:
Agreed. I was terrified to pinch a tube ... bought the thickest most expensive tubes I could find and ran 32f/36r psi in the 950 all weekend.

I think I have only pinch flatted once (and that may have been a puncture) on the 530 since 2008. Good tubes are worth it.

Speaking of "tubes" who gots video they are hoarding?
TUbliss! Love them on the 520.