ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2014, 07:41 AM   #14011
theredrocket23
Gnarly Adventurer
 
theredrocket23's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Clovis, california
Oddometer: 193
Is that on Sat or Sunday for the trail work , or both. I will probably have to work till noon or so on Sat. I will make it if I can for sure.
theredrocket23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:15 AM   #14012
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer
 
coarsegoldkid's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Coarsegold, CA
Oddometer: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredrocket23 View Post
Is that on Sat or Sunday for the trail work , or both. I will probably have to work till noon or so on Sat. I will make it if I can for sure.
Greg it's Saturday
__________________
'05 BMW R1200RT
'13 KTM 690 Enduro R
Ride tales
Utah / Colorado http://tinyurl.com/lcy2yhu
Mexico http://tinyurl.com/lhgznun
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #14013
Scrambleon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Scrambleon's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Tollhouse, CA
Oddometer: 311
Thumb

Matt,

Congratulations!

If you end up in Denver, we will have a good excuse to ride the Rockies.

Scrambleon
Scrambleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #14014
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer
 
JPaccassi's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Oddometer: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambleon View Post
Matt,

Congratulations!

If you end up in Denver, we will have a good excuse to ride the Rockies.

Scrambleon
Hell yes.

Congrats Matt! So.....does that mean you can take a bunch of vacation in June. We have revised our plan for a June ride, staying in the mountains from here to CA/OR border & where ever else. Plumas NF, Lassen NF & Modoc NF backcountry discovery routes, etc.

June 14th - 20th

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5190656.pdf

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5428383.pdf

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5319347.pdf

__________________
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall" ~Beastie Boys
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #14015
KimBoy
Cloud Chaser
 
KimBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Chicagoland
Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Hell yes.

Congrats Matt! So.....does that mean you can take a bunch of vacation in June. We have revised our plan for a June ride, staying in the mountains from here to CA/OR border & where ever else. Plumas NF, Lassen NF & Modoc NF backcountry discovery routes, etc.

June 14th - 20th

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5190656.pdf

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5428383.pdf

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5319347.pdf

Im going to be taking the dr north bound in a truck the 3rd or 4th week of June. I have a place for it in north fork, but it would sit till next year most likely. Sorry guys, I know someone is thinking ill watch it for you. I figure my old man can ride a few forest rds in washington while im in class for 3 months going through with drawls. Probably get a few rides up north before the rainy season hits. Then....I hope denver opens up for work and I can transfer there and ride the bike out there. Rockies!
__________________
When in doubt, Air it out!
KimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #14016
theredrocket23
Gnarly Adventurer
 
theredrocket23's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Clovis, california
Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post
Greg it's Saturday
Thanks Joe, I will try to make it for a while anyway.
theredrocket23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #14017
KimBoy
Cloud Chaser
 
KimBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Chicagoland
Oddometer: 162
Anyone up for a ride sunday the 18th around pine flats. Head up towards wishon, curtright, shaver, ect... Im camping out the night of the 17th in wonder valley. White trash bash. Also trying to see if I can make the showing at whiskey on the 17th too.
__________________
When in doubt, Air it out!
KimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #14018
KimBoy
Cloud Chaser
 
KimBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Chicagoland
Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambleon View Post
Matt,

Congratulations!

If you end up in Denver, we will have a good excuse to ride the Rockies.

Scrambleon
My door will be open!
__________________
When in doubt, Air it out!
KimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:51 PM   #14019
Hesaid
Beastly Adventurer
 
Hesaid's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Central CA
Oddometer: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimBoy View Post
Anyone up for a ride sunday the 18th around pine flats. Head up towards wishon, curtright, shaver, ect... Im camping out the night of the 17th in wonder valley. White trash bash. Also trying to see if I can make the showing at whiskey on the 17th too.
I think we'll be passing through. The tentative plan is to ride from Visalia to Bass Lake on Sat. There's supposed to be a wood boat gathering in/on Bass Lake that weekend, and drooling over old wood boats sounded good. Then we'd ride back on Sunday, but I haven't picked out a route yet. We usually skirt the lake one way or the other. Does anyone know if 12S01 is open again? Or at least if the rockslide that closed it is navigable on two wheels?

MV
__________________
DR Feelgood , Tipsy Wombat, Pinkfoot, FatCat, and how they got their names: What the hell is a wombat? And now, the tales of their adventures.
Hesaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #14020
pcvance
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesaid View Post
I think we'll be passing through. The tentative plan is to ride from Visalia to Bass Lake on Sat. There's supposed to be a wood boat gathering in/on Bass Lake that weekend, and drooling over old wood boats sounded good. Then we'd ride back on Sunday, but I haven't picked out a route yet. We usually skirt the lake one way or the other. Does anyone know if 12S01 is open again? Or at least if the rockslide that closed it is navigable on two wheels?

MV
I haven't found a rockslide yet that I couldn't get around on two wheels...

So... Who wants to ride tomorrow??? I'm taking theGrinch on a tour of the south Sierra NF. Rodgers crossing bridge at the Kings...edit, change of plans, we are meeting in Oakhurst with wrk2surf to ride the north end... Star lakes maybe?
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST

pcvance screwed with this post 05-09-2014 at 10:50 PM
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:38 PM   #14021
ffjmoore
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Fresno Ca.
Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Hell yes.

Congrats Matt! So.....does that mean you can take a bunch of vacation in June. We have revised our plan for a June ride, staying in the mountains from here to CA/OR border & where ever else. Plumas NF, Lassen NF & Modoc NF backcountry discovery routes, etc.

June 14th - 20th

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5190656.pdf

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5428383.pdf

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5319347.pdf

Will this ride be mostly roads or have lots of dirt?

I took a couple friends over towards the coast on wednesday. We never made it to the coast but did manage to ride for 12 hours and cover 350 miles.

ffjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:51 PM   #14022
McKay
Studly Adventurer
 
McKay's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Clovis, Ca.
Oddometer: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimBoy View Post
Anyone up for a ride sunday the 18th around pine flats. Head up towards wishon, curtright, shaver, ect... Im camping out the night of the 17th in wonder valley. White trash bash. Also trying to see if I can make the showing at whiskey on the 17th too.
I think i may be in. Need to do some testing on the Italian stalion before we head to Mammoth the next weekend. Do you have a mileage estimate? Or gas stops?
__________________
Jeff
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #14023
McKay
Studly Adventurer
 
McKay's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Clovis, Ca.
Oddometer: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffjmoore View Post
Will this ride be mostly roads or have lots of dirt?

I took a couple friends over towards the coast on wednesday. We never made it to the coast but did manage to ride for 12 hours and cover 350 miles.

where was this?
__________________
Jeff
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:37 PM   #14024
montibank
Happy
 
montibank's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Fresno, Ca
Oddometer: 2,774
Yall have fun... Wishin I could go too.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:42 PM   #14025
Hesaid
Beastly Adventurer
 
Hesaid's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Central CA
Oddometer: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post


I haven't found a rockslide yet that I couldn't get around on two wheels...
Perry, who are we kidding? If someone took the time to paint the rocks orange and label them "Made in Austria", you'd ride a rockslide!

As for a rockslide, if you haven't seen one bad enough, you've gotta get our more. If they're like this:



Or even this:


We're cool.

But if they're link this:



Or this:


Pass. I know for the first one some of you would want to jump it, but building a ramp an all is a lot of work...

MV
__________________
DR Feelgood , Tipsy Wombat, Pinkfoot, FatCat, and how they got their names: What the hell is a wombat? And now, the tales of their adventures.
Hesaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014