ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #14026
theredrocket23
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffjmoore View Post
Will this ride be mostly roads or have lots of dirt?

I took a couple friends over towards the coast on wednesday. We never made it to the coast but did manage to ride for 12 hours and cover 350 miles.

Nice Bike Jason. I had one exactly like that !!!

I hope you have as much good luck and fun with it as I did man. Cool video too, I love that you never really seam to have to shift that bike, it just pulls like a tractor.
theredrocket23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:57 PM   #14027
ffjmoore
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
where was this?
that is video of the stretch from Colinga south to Pozo ohv area.
ffjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:58 PM   #14028
ffjmoore
Adventurer

My friend and I are going up to shuteye on Tuesday. Anybody want to go with us.

ffjmoore screwed with this post 05-10-2014 at 07:04 PM
Old 05-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #14029
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 784
Quote:
that is video of the stretch from Colinga south to Pozo ohv area.
Hmm, do you have tracks or directions for this? Looks like some fun, fast riding.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:05 PM   #14030
ffjmoore
Adventurer

I have the original GPX file i created to follow but it ended with a dead end and a 10 mile backtrack. So i drew up the route again and modified it. I have not ridden it yet but im pretty sure it will make it all the way to the coast this time. PM me your email and i can send you the gpx or you can just go ride it with me the next time we go.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:13 PM   #14031
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,387
Quote:
My friend and I are going up to shuteye on Tuesday. Anybody want to go with us.
We were up there today, no snow, made it to the top...
Old 05-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #14032
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 784
Quote:
I have the original GPX file i created to follow but it ended with a dead end and a 10 mile backtrack. So i drew up the route again and modified it. I have not ridden it yet but im pretty sure it will make it all the way to the coast this time. PM me your email and i can send you the gpx or you can just go ride it with me the next time we go.

Both!
Old 05-11-2014, 01:10 AM   #14033
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Full RR in the Sierra thread...
Old 05-11-2014, 06:58 PM   #14034
Hesaid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,096
Anybody got good ideas for camping at/around/near Bass Lake? We wanna do an overnight to check out the wooden boat festival next weekend. We don't need anything fancy, remote, no facilities camping is fine with us. Prefer to avoid giving money to the land management people running campgrounds these days. I haven't been that way in years, and only limited camping then. Suggestions?

MV
Old 05-11-2014, 09:59 PM   #14035
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 546
I would like to thank all the mothers out there for keeping their boys away from the mountains on Mother's Day. I rode for 5 hours exploriring and didn't see one person. So Happy Mother's Day.
http://tinyurl.com/lcy2yhu
http://tinyurl.com/lhgznun
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:32 PM   #14036
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesaid View Post
Anybody got good ideas for camping at/around/near Bass Lake? We wanna do an overnight to check out the wooden boat festival next weekend. We don't need anything fancy, remote, no facilities camping is fine with us. Prefer to avoid giving money to the land management people running campgrounds these days. I haven't been that way in years, and only limited camping then. Suggestions?

MV
Whiskey Falls is nice.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:37 AM   #14037
KimBoy
Cloud Chaser

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
I think i may be in. Need to do some testing on the Italian stalion before we head to Mammoth the next weekend. Do you have a mileage estimate? Or gas stops?
Anyone else up for a big loop on sun the 18th. Going to be 120mile between fuel stop. Ride around pine flats drop into balch camp via big creek and sycamore spring rd. From balch camp to wishon via blackrock rd. Then back to shaver for lunch and gas. Can drop into san jose basin from there back to fresno.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #14038
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimBoy View Post
Anyone else up for a big loop on sun the 18th. Going to be 120mile between fuel stop. Ride around pine flats drop into balch camp via big creek and sycamore spring rd. From balch camp to wishon via blackrock rd. Then back to shaver for lunch and gas. Can drop into san jose basin from there back to fresno.

I'm probably going to be camping somewhere near buck rock this weekend, exploring northern Sequoia......I have to give Thunder Hill another try I had some assistance near the top last time, so it didn't count...also might head down to cedar grove & do the boyden cavern tour sometime Saturday.....anyone interested

JPaccassi screwed with this post 05-12-2014 at 11:48 AM
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:24 AM   #14039
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,608
Quote:
Will this ride be mostly roads or have lots of dirt?

I took a couple friends over towards the coast on wednesday. We never made it to the coast but did manage to ride for 12 hours and cover 350 miles.

Mostly twisty street, backcountry adv routes are mostly dirt.....staying in the mountains, camping off the bikes (primitive camping, no pay sites) Fishing, sight seeing, gold panning, drinking...just going to follow a general route which we can modify at any time if we want....minimal to no straight roads & cool moutain weatherJust looking to relax, have fun & get the hell away from the valley
Old 05-12-2014, 07:23 PM   #14040
Hesaid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post
I would like to thank all the mothers out there for keeping their boys away from the mountains on Mother's Day. I rode for 5 hours exploriring and didn't see one person. So Happy Mother's Day.
No kidding man. We were scouting well known and well used motorcycle roads for a guy who will have family visiting from out of state and wanted to check conditions. We saw very few others out on roads that are often we trafficked with bikes. Hardly any traffic at all until we passed by the Woodlake rodeo grounds. Though we did get to see the skydiver drop into the rodeo, so that was cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Whiskey Falls is nice.
Whiskey Falls, like Whiskey snowmobile area? Something like this? Is that the place I should be planning? Of course, we did stop and reconsider, we could take four wheels and the canoe. Paddle what little water we can find this year.

MV