ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2014, 04:58 PM   #14086
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesaid View Post
First off, that makes me sad.

Secondly, I know a guy to ask here in Visalia. He's good, and he's honest. If he doesn't think he can do it, or get it back good enough, he'll tell you rather than waste your time and money and return you an inferior product. I'll show him these pics and see what he says. If he needs more info, I'll let you know. It doesn't hurt to ask.

MV
Cool thanks.

My brother in law (I call him Mr. Wizard) asked for pics too. Says he may be able to pull the studs, weld it and turn it back back down on his mill. We shall see. If I can get this all back together under two grand I will likely give it a go. More then that it might be time for me to walk away.

Priority one at this point is start socking money away now... either to repair it or replace it.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #14087
Hesaid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
Ok, I stopped by on the way home from work and showed him this thread and its pictures. If we're looking at what we think we are, kinda a blown out area at the base of the cylinder/top of the case, that would need built up (welded up), and then machined back. He says it looks doable, but he'd really need to see it in person to quote accurately. By the way, the guy is named Henry, his shop is technically "Weldcraft", but I think everyone just knows him as Henry. He rides, but only Harleys. But he does ride, not a "pirate." Perry ought to know of him as well.

So, I guess it's up to you. I'm in Visalia, and apart from randomly running into you at Millwood again, I feel we'd need to have a better plan for arranging transfer of case. Thing is, we're away from home this weekend, actually more in your neck of the woods, but we'll be camping off of the bikes, so transporting a case wouldn't really work. I'm sure we could come up with something though. Let me know what you decide.

MV
Old 05-16-2014, 06:25 PM   #14088
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Ok, I stopped by on the way home from work and showed him this thread and its pictures. If we're looking at what we think we are, kinda a blown out area at the base of the cylinder/top of the case, that would need built up (welded up), and then machined back. He says it looks doable, but he'd really need to see it in person to quote accurately. By the way, the guy is named Henry, his shop is technically "Weldcraft", but I think everyone just knows him as Henry. He rides, but only Harleys. But he does ride, not a "pirate." Perry ought to know of him as well.

So, I guess it's up to you. I'm in Visalia, and apart from randomly running into you at Millwood again, I feel we'd need to have a better plan for arranging transfer of case. Thing is, we're away from home this weekend, actually more in your neck of the woods, but we'll be camping off of the bikes, so transporting a case wouldn't really work. I'm sure we could come up with something though. Let me know what you decide.

MV
Hahah ... gotcha will do and thank you. Its gonna be a long haul. I have 3-4 months of payments to make before I will be able to afford anything realistically.

Now if only my reclass would get approved and they would go retroactive to 2013 when I submitted it .... Then I could git this fixed before fall.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:16 PM   #14089
montibank
Happy

No more first year bikes for me... lessons learned. But maybe in 6-10 honda can git all the bugs worked out:
http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/ne...bike-for-2015/
Old 05-17-2014, 08:09 AM   #14090
Hesaid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
Ok folks, we're loading up the bikes now. Our first moto-camping trip, and we're heading to your neck of the woods. If you see us around Bass Lake (wooden boat gathering) or Whiskey Falls (recommended camping), feel free to say hello.

MV
Old 05-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #14091
ffjmoore
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Has anybody ridden on million dollar road from big creek? I hear its closed but you can go around the gate. Bad idea?

ffjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:16 AM   #14092
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,037
Quote:
Ok folks, we're loading up the bikes now. Our first moto-camping trip, and we're heading to your neck of the woods. If you see us around Bass Lake (wooden boat gathering) or Whiskey Falls (recommended camping), feel free to say hello.

MV
Cool, have fun He/Shesaid. post pics of wooden boats...
Old 05-17-2014, 09:31 AM   #14093
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Cool thanks.

My brother in law (I call him Mr. Wizard) asked for pics too. Says he may be able to pull the studs, weld it and turn it back back down on his mill. We shall see. If I can get this all back together under two grand I will likely give it a go. More then that it might be time for me to walk away.

Priority one at this point is start socking money away now... either to repair it or replace it.
Ive used these guys on VW engines as has many throughout the country, excellent work. Id give them a call, they weld up and machine this stuff all day long. Perry may know their reputation as well.

http://www.cbperformance.com/

I for one vote to stay away from family and friends that "think" they can do it, if they don't do this work for a living, go elsewhere is my vote.

McKay screwed with this post 05-17-2014 at 02:56 PM
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #14094
montibank
Happy

ffjmoore - did you sell sergio's 450 yet?

If not I think you might live a few blocks from my house... Is your house pink?
Old 05-17-2014, 10:03 AM   #14095
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerman View Post
Monti is alive, but way behind schedule. He just left my house in Huntington Beach. Tried to get him to stay over. He's riding home. Riding home happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
MONTI,
So how is the beast? Did it get you home?

I'm on my way to OC now. Call if you're stranded on the side of the road.lol
Quote:
Doh.... Already bought my amtrak ticket ... Its been a wild week, I need to meet seller @ 1315 in riverside ... Seems like guy is on tthe up and up. Nice guy, engineer, has adv login so he cant be half bad eh?

Soo pumped about purchase... Wish I coulda made andrew a better offer on his. Just couldnt swing it.

Ahhhhh... Sooo gonna be a basket case and tooootally worthless at work. Sorry yall, I know your tax dollars deserve better.

Yeeehhhhhaaaaa.... 5 year waiting period is over...

Now keep your fingers crossed that the bike is road worthy and not a total POS like the one from bakersfeild two years that was completely f'ing thrashed I rode all the way down there to git. Wish me luck!!!!
Bummer about the ninefiddy Mike. At least you got to put some miles on it.
Any luck on finding a motor?
Old 05-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #14096
ffjmoore
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
ffjmoore - did you sell sergio's 450 yet?

If not I think you might live a few blocks from my house... Is your house pink?
I sold it 2 or 3 weeks ago. Had so many issues with that thing. Once I had it running good, it was gone.
ffjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #14097
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffjmoore View Post
I sold it 2 or 3 weeks ago. Had so many issues with that thing. Once I had it running good, it was gone.
Yes it did.

If it would have been running the morning of sergios death he wouldn't have died... we would have been @ stockton motoplex.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #14098
FiveOJester
Monti's Nemesis

Oddometer: 212
Great time at Whiskey today! Did the Stewards event. Met up with Coarsegoldkid, Kimboy and my buddy Patrick. We rode the bikes around and picked up trash for a few hours. Amazingly we filled abou 6 garbage bags! Most of it from the undeveloped campsites (Camp 5 and the ones below Whiskey falls campground).

Stewards fed us a great lunch and had a raffle. They had plenty of swag so everyone got something. I picked up a set of Motion Pro mechanics gloves.

Afterwards Patrick and I rode all over Whiskey. Did about 35 miles of single track. :. Left at 6pm. Home, and very tired!

Forgot to take pics, hopefully someone else will post some.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:46 PM   #14099
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOJester View Post
Forgot to take pics...

Just kiddin... glad you had fun. Got the motor to Mr. Wizard now need to start crunching numbers to see if repairs or swap is cheaper.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:40 PM   #14100
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Verplank...Dejevu

I got a message from JP @ 7:42 tonight that him and Chip are hiking out Verplank Ridge to Mill Flat road. I also talked to Nate, he is on the way to their camp at Ten Mile to tell Ben...I'd be there if I could but I'm in Tuscon. I think Nate and Ben can handle the rescue but contact Nate if you want to help. They will probably want to get the bikes out tomorrow?
PM me if you need Nates #
Perry