ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #14626
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Was Ben on a plated 450?
Not for this trip, but he did ride that mean orange machine yesterday all day.....I can't wait for my turn on it..or my own LOL, but that may be a while still.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:45 PM   #14627
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,608
Hammock camping near Mt tom

Did an overnight trip this past thursday up near Mt Tom, just hammocks & sleeping bags Love that area!!

Dinkey Creek Headwaters

Looking into mono basin towards Edison Lake & mono hot springs

Recess Peak in the John Muir Wilderness

Edison Lake from White bark vista....no water...

Huntington Lake from Rancheria...no water

No flowers this time

JP
Old 07-28-2014, 08:29 PM   #14628
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,774
Damnit.... I am gonna miss all the high elevation riding again this year. Good stuff there...

So ... never been much of a "pretty" bike guy, more of a "lowered expectations" sort. So I need a bit of help about painting the 950 - should I:
  • Okie desert camo it and put the damn thing back together already
  • attempt some post appocolyptic motif like I did with a helmet a few years back (see below for example)
  • do it the best I can with pretty pearl white
  • do something different cause all them ideas sound like shit...

Weelll.... can't really see my example well. Thought I had a better shot - but its likely on my seized harddrive in the dinocomputer.... this is the best I could find:

montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:39 PM   #14629
sfeatherstone22
Young Grasshopper

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Damnit.... I am gonna miss all the high elevation riding again this year. Good stuff there...

So ... never been much of a "pretty" bike guy, more of a "lowered expectations" sort. So I need a bit of help about painting the 950 - should I:
  • attempt some post appocolyptic motif like I did with a helmet a few years back (see below for example)

Weelll.... can't really see my example well. Thought I had a better shot - but its likely on my seized harddrive in the dinocomputer.... this is the best I could find:

Something like this?

On a more serious note, did any of you guys see this yet?
http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4013/
Was planning on riding out towards whiskey area in the upcoming week but I'm assuming this might affect that?
sfeatherstone22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #14630
Hesaid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post

Man... If only there was some sort of bike riding, painting guru you could turn to for help here...

MV
Old 07-28-2014, 09:35 PM   #14631
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfeatherstone22 View Post
Something like this?

On a more serious note, did any of you guys see this yet?
http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4013/
Was planning on riding out towards whiskey area in the upcoming week but I'm assuming this might affect that?
Hummm... close... that's more along the lines of "when hell freezes over" I am looking more along the lines of after society breaks down but before the next ice age. Good effort though.

And nooo ... I hadn't. That could be bad.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:42 PM   #14632
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesaid View Post
Man... If only there was some sort of bike riding, painting guru you could turn to for help here...

MV
Always a wise ass in the group :p Ya ya... I know let the pro's do it.

Good news I am getting a raise - which is especially good news since my credit card balance is getting alarmingly high.

I guess I actually want to do it myself - at least once to see if I can do a passable job at it. No it won't be perfect the first time - but I suspect after a few years use I might get another shot at it :p
Old 07-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #14633
Hesaid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,106
Oh no, I fully expect that you'll be doing it. The Guru is to guide you along the path of enlightenment, not to take the trip for you...

Although, if the two of you spend enough time sniffing paint, it might be quite some trip!

MV
Old 07-28-2014, 10:13 PM   #14634
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesaid View Post
Oh no, I fully expect that you'll be doing it. The Guru is to guide you along the path of enlightenment, not to take the trip for you...

Although, if the two of you spend enough time sniffing paint, it might be quite some trip!

MV
Oh yeah, I'm all in for the paint sniffing thing...

Michael, gather up the pieces, strip off the decals, clean um, bring um down, I'll help you paint the beast...
Old 07-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #14635
optopilot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
I've missed alot!

It's been a long time since I've ridden with you guys. I have been following along, though. You guys have been having a blast as usual. The Noob Ride looks very interesting.

I'm home ill today and have been trying to post pics from Photobucket; to no avail. Perhaps one of you can give me some advice.
optopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:32 AM   #14636
ironbasher1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Laugh Paint scheme

Orange and black tiger stripe camo would be cool, its been done before, but still cool. Ironbasher
ironbasher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:39 AM   #14637
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by optopilot View Post

I'm home ill today and have been trying to post pics from Photobucket; to no avail. Perhaps one of you can give me some advice.
Get well soon. I've not used photobucket however there must be some method of obtaining a link associated with the photo in the photobucket album. I use Picasa and they have two links, one works one doesn't for forums. You might even be able to select a size also. I use medium. Others use large. Copy the link for the photo. I generally highlight the link and use a ctrl-c to copy it to the clipboard. Then in ADV rider click on the postcard looking icon in the post window. Another small window appears. I erase what's in the window and paste the link with a crtl-v into the window.
Have fun.
Utah / Colorado http://tinyurl.com/lcy2yhu
Mexico http://tinyurl.com/lhgznun
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #14638
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post
Get well soon. I've not used photobucket however there must be some method of obtaining a link associated with the photo in the photobucket album. I use Picasa and they have two links, one works one doesn't for forums. You might even be able to select a size also. I use medium. Others use large. Copy the link for the photo. I generally highlight the link and use a ctrl-c to copy it to the clipboard. Then in ADV rider click on the postcard looking icon in the post window. Another small window appears. I erase what's in the window and paste the link with a crtl-v into the window.
Have fun.
I cheat and use facebook.

Upload to facebook -> navigate to the image after uploaded -> copy the link to either "download" or "view full image" (facebook likes to change the wording depending on mobile/desktop OS) and use that link minus the garbage after the file extension and viola it works. By garbage I mean:

Http://photo.(blah blah blah)/233645.jpg=?dl

Change to:

Http://photo.(blah blah blah)/233645.jpg

omit the "=?dl" bits.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:27 PM   #14639
optopilot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Thanks for the help.

[IMG][/IMG]

I had to delete http:// in the advrider URL window.
Thinning the herd. This is leaving. Monte, you remember this one. Remaining are 05 Tiger 955 an 97 DR350SE.
optopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #14640
montibank
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by optopilot View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

I had to delete http:// in the advrider URL window.
Thinning the herd. This is leaving. Monte, you remember this one. Remaining are 05 Tiger 955 an 97 DR350SE.
Yeeep.... Already sold it? Craigsflakes/flakeslist add linky?