ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #121
Icewalker
Conundrum
 
Icewalker's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: New Hampshires Militant Hippy
Oddometer: 40,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehu
Not a clue nor a link. Sorry.
Managed to find a bit - prett impressive. Always thought an imp engine would be wider than that.

http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/Bike%20...Norton-Imp.htm
__________________
Icewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:14 PM   #122
jehu
∩HƏſ
 
jehu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Vail,AZ
Oddometer: 3,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewalker
Managed to find a bit - prett impressive. Always thought an imp engine would be wider than that.

http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/Bike%20...Norton-Imp.htm
That's where I got the pic! DOH
jehu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #123
notarex
Can U taste the waste?
 
notarex's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: CT
Oddometer: 1,213
A Hillman Imp for those who have never seen one, powered by a version of the revered coventry climax engine.

notarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #124
Icewalker
Conundrum
 
Icewalker's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: New Hampshires Militant Hippy
Oddometer: 40,518
More imp engined bikes

http://www.imps4ever.info/specials/motorcycles.html

Always thought the imp would make a corker in the old SCCA GT5 class. Sadly in keeping with the steady decline of the SCCA the GT5 class is no more and is replaced by GTlites ???



__________________
Icewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #125
Icewalker
Conundrum
 
Icewalker's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: New Hampshires Militant Hippy
Oddometer: 40,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehu
Another Triumph.
Very nice
__________________
Icewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #126
Roughidle
Super Star Destroyer....
 
Roughidle's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY, Earth, Sol System, UNIVERSE!
Oddometer: 1,494
Two nice things

I think its a CB500......

Found this in JM under "chicks and Bikes", so its a Cafe with a bonus babe.

Infact Id love any info anyone can give, especially about the tank. Im looking into it for a winter project.

__________________
Burninating the peasants.
Roughidle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:50 AM   #127
Two_Tone77
Adventurer
 
Two_Tone77's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Ventura, California
Oddometer: 21
Thumb

It's from a cool builders site...

http://www.benjiescaferacer.com/home.html

Poke around he's done some pretty interesting stuff

Enjoy!
Two_Tone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #128
scumshine
Hershey bar & a brick
 
scumshine's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: 8 miles from Graceland
Oddometer: 1,357
Not sure if this qualifies as cafe genre but back in 1978, I thought so. Bought this from Kawasaki of Douglas in GA, worked there part time when I wasn't writing for the Coffee County Progress, the local county paper.

Purchased in the fall of 1977, I rode it stock for awhile and then decided to race it in WERA. We did some welding on the frame and more welds with angle bar on the swing arm, a lot of other add-ons too. Even then it was a beast to ride fast, it wobbled at speed, kinda spooky in turns too. I took it to Daytona in 1978 but didn't qualify.

Photo must have been taken after I first bought it, no number plates or Yoshimura 4-1. (Sweet sound.) I wish I still had her....but then I'd look like an old fool on it.

__________________
Practice sensless acts of random carelessness.
scumshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #129
tenderfoot
PRJ
 
tenderfoot's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Gauteng, RSA
Oddometer: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two_Tone77
It's from a cool builders site...

http://www.benjiescaferacer.com/home.html

Poke around he's done some pretty interesting stuff

Enjoy!
Thanks. I love the Kawa triple.

1978 Yamaha XS650



!973 Hpnda CB 350



1972 Kawasaki 500 Triple

tenderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:38 AM   #130
zmotomann
No Quarter
 
zmotomann's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ
Oddometer: 393
Very Nice!!

any more pics???





Quote:
Originally Posted by jehu
The latest creation of ZMW in Tucson.
zmotomann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #131
doctor_john
Gnarly Adventurer
 
doctor_john's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 125
What a nice thread!

This is what my friend Ugo Ferraro built the last 7 years...



of cource is a Benelli Tornado 650s...

While Elias working on its saddle he has the bright idea to call me
for a little help with the appearance of this italian beast!
Unfortunately those 2 drafts are the only photos that i have at this moment...



The paint job applyed 99% of what you see, the saddle looks much better
with leather and the dyno said 73Hp at the wheel...

As you can imagine the first thing that our friend Ugo did after finishing, was a wheekly journey in Italy.
He was stoped at every cafe that he spot motorcycles outside for an espresso and leaves 15 min later with his exhausts spreding 120-140db at the neighbourhood...

He came back with a very big smile on his face
and a small hole in his stomach!

Enjoy this italian beast till i found some photos of Elia's R65 (LS) cafe and make this thread a bit healthier!

Enjoy riding everybody!
doctor_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #132
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe
 
dragoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Frazeysburg, OH
Oddometer: 23,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_john
What a nice thread!

This is what my friend Ugo Ferraro built the last 7 years...



of cource is a Benelli Tornado 650s...

While Elias working on its saddle he has the bright idea to call me
for a little help with the appearance of this italian beast!
Unfortunately those 2 drafts are the only photos that i have at this moment...



The paint job applyed 99% of what you see, the saddle looks much better
with leather and the dyno said 73Hp at the wheel...

As you can imagine the first thing that our friend Ugo did after finishing, was a wheekly journey in Italy.
He was stoped at every cafe that he spot motorcycles outside for an espresso and leaves 15 min later with his exhausts spreding 120-140db at the neighbourhood...

He came back with a very big smile on his face
and a small hole in his stomach!

Enjoy this italian beast till i found some photos of Elia's R65 (LS) cafe and make this thread a bit healthier!

Enjoy riding everybody!
Beautiful
__________________
Everyone should be so lucky as to be able to ride a motorbike through the Himalayas.
- Misery Goat


daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:24 PM   #133
chain
Beastly Adventurer
 
chain's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Central IL
Oddometer: 4,757
My little Scrambler is in big trouble


Some local stuff









chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:26 PM   #134
cwbastian
Adventurer
 
cwbastian's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Oddometer: 99
My Old CB750:



cwbastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #135
Icewalker
Conundrum
 
Icewalker's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: New Hampshires Militant Hippy
Oddometer: 40,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehu
Paton
More Naked bike than cafe - but still very very nice.
__________________
Icewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014