Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #166
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,284
First, a word of thanks to the original poster, who brought these great products to our attention, and made the effort to sell them at no profit to us scum, a thankless good deed which will be punished with us bitchin and moanin about not responding to our petty emails, etc. I for one am glad to see he is out of this no-margin business. Notwithstanding the above, I just ordered two bags, one 6 pack black and one 12 pack in camo (because all the boring colors are back ordered from Polar Bear Inc. Camo should be cool, especially with the booby trap option that explodes any Yogi Bears:) trying to help themselves to a cool one. Oh, I also put in the coupon code (today, Jan 9, 2010) and it was honored and I was able to use PayPal and the order was confirmed and all is good. Can't wait to cool down some tasty beverage.

Ride on StoneWall!!
lhendrik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #167
Stonewall OP
The Wild

Oddometer: 1,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrik
First, a word of thanks to the original poster, who brought these great products to our attention, and made the effort to sell them at no profit to us scum, a thankless good deed which will be punished with us bitchin and moanin about not responding to our petty emails, etc. I for one am glad to see he is out of this no-margin business.

Ride on StoneWall!!
Thanks

For "THE BEST COOLER MADE FOR MOTORCYLCE RIDING" Look Here
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252781

http://stonewall.smugmug.com/

3rd Annual WMRS Ride III in Bishop, CA Ride Report 07
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254807

4th Annual WMRS Ride IV Ride Report 08
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369576
Stonewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:06 AM   #168
Lobster Grrl
Ground feeder

Oddometer: 2,474
Are these coolers still available?
Lobster Grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #169
peterb
Long Distance Adventurer

Oddometer: 239
Hey! Lobster Grrl - let's keep it at the top, to get an answer at least.

SO - are these still available?

2000 BMW 1150 GS with >165k miles and more to come...

2007 BMW R1200RT - new 4/08 with >145K smiles ...
peterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #170
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer: 1,881
Still available from mfg:

http://www.polarbearcoolers.com/

Stonewall had to give up on being a distributor for reasons he discussed earlier.

This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic. (Originally Posted by Human Ills, 7/1/14)
Wadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:27 PM   #171
pyrate
Walking the plank

Oddometer: 1,162
Zipper

I've used mine a few times now. My only con is the zipper requires you keep the cooler upright all the time or risk it leaking ice water. I would prefer a roll top more like dry sacks.

Other than that, they keep things cold.

pyrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:55 PM   #172
lilolita
fahr mit mir

Oddometer: 1,364
I'm bumping this thread because I got to use my new Polar Bear cooler last weekend on a short camping trip, and lemme tell ya, the "hype" in this thread isn't hype; it's all true.

Having taken a small, traditional hard cooler on a 15 day trip through Nova Scotia and New Brunswick on the back of a DRZ400 will all my (and my boyfriend's) other stuff, I really needed to rethink how to keep my food and beverages cool (moto-touring for us includes having good, hearty, relaxing meals in camp because I like the challenge of cooking over open fire).

I gave in and splurged on a $33(!) Polar Bear cooler (really, $33 for a cooler?) because of the testimonials in this thread. I filled it with ice from my freezer on a Friday afternoon and the ice didn't melt until Sunday morning. Even after I removed the big Ziploc bag filled with now just water on Sunday morning, when I got home on Sunday evening the remaining beverages and condiments (mustard, L&P, butter) were still plenty cold (I know, why were there leftover beverages!). Mind you, the weather last weekend varied between the 50s and 70s, but still, 3 days of coolness from one batch of ice?! I'm thrilled.

Extra pluses are that the cooler doesn't look like a cooler (oh, no alcohol is allowed in the campground; no problem), it can be smooshed into a much smaller size when empty, and it comes in pink, a pink that almost matches my bike! Yes, gentlemen, you can get it in more manly colors, even camo.

Two cheap places to buy a 12-pack PB cooler are:
http://www.ebags.com/search/polar-be...rm=polar+bear+ (they're having a sale right now)

and where I got mine (do a google search for a 10% coupon and free shipping...I was just told I'm a tightwad)
http://www.worldofbags.com/s.nl?sear...submit=GO&sc=2

I'm not affiliated with either of the above vendors.

Here's the bad set-up (notice the blue cooler on the back of Elsa the Dizzer):

Here's the good set-up...note I have 2 pink bags on the back...the cooler is the darker one at the very back and it's filled with yummy beverages, sausages, condiments, and other snacks. And yeah, that's the Mayor in front of me...he rides a Harley.
New England to New Scotland

lilolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #173
panhead_dan
motorcycle addict

Oddometer: 744
I've had a couple of these for over a year now and I use them all the time. They are still holding up just fine. Zero issues. I am a very happy PBC owner/user!
panhead_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #174
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,472
Before I got mine I had assumed it was a roll top, looks that way from the pics. Even though it's a zipper its still ok. Strud Nash sent over a couple freebies for the KCCD gang, I got to play with it and test it out before they came back to pick up their goodies.

When you first get these bags you are supposed to fill them with boiling water in order for them to regain their shape from their shmushed selves from shipping.

Anyway I did so and promptly forgot about them, maybe 4 or 5 days later I noticed them in the corner of my kitchen and went to get em, I unzipped one and some steam came out, the water was still warm! Not "hot" but definitely warm.

I really dig the little bottle opener they send you as it can also open twist tops for when your hands are too numb to open them yourself after a day or riding "certain" bikes.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #175
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

I got this the other day, very very good cooler if you just need a single cooler for yourself for a day ride and don't want a camelbak on you.and don't have or want a hydration bladder in your tankbag.

It's called a "MOTO-COOLER" and s designed to strap to your handlebars or anywhere you want to strap it. It's about 12x4 (I'll double check) and fits a 1L Selzter bottle perfectly (those are short and fat).

When it first came in I promptly emptied out a Selzter bottle of Selzter and put in some water from the fridge and put it in the cooler. This was around 8am. I went over to the garage to work on the bike and mounted the cooler, by thetime I was done, around midnight, the water was still cool. So this thing would be perfect for a day ride.

I haven't seen many handlebar bags like this so if you just need just a teeny tiny bit more storage space on your DS you can use this for a tool roll or other misc. items like snacks and stuff if you do not need it for a water bottle.

I have only been able to find these on eBay, here is a link to that auction. The seller is "motocyclelift".

It's only $10 and $5 for shipping.

Here are some pics.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #176
lilolita
fahr mit mir

Oddometer: 1,364
HaChayalBoded, I'm loving the handlebar coolah, but it doesn't come in pink. Hmmm...maybe the black with some custom work?
New England to New Scotland

lilolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #177
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilolita
HaChayalBoded, I'm loving the handlebar coolah, but it doesn't come in pink. Hmmm...maybe the black with some custom work?
Get the red one and bleach it or leave it out in the sun?
Old 11-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #178
CaptD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Polar Bear Coolers 2 for 1 sale is on!!!

OK its really 1/2 off the coolers and accessories. www.polarbearcoolers.com. Fill your cart with everything you want. At Step 2 during checkout type 2112 in the "Coupon" box and click "Continue". Your total charge will be cut in half to reflect the 2 for 1 deal. Coupon is good through the end of the year and while supplies last. I did find a mistake on the website. The 24 pack cooler in silver is not available until 1/2011 not 1/2010 as stated. Capt D.
CaptD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #179
azgsa
Apathetic

Oddometer: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
As for securing it, when I am riding solo it goes where my back seat would be using a cargo net or bungie cords. That way I can keep my camel back close at hand for ice cold water while riding all day. When I am two up it goes on my right side jessie bag using whatever straps that you use, running them thru the wide "D " rings on the bottom of the cooler. That way we can open and close it with out un-straping it, even while moving.
I've yet to see any pics of D-rings on the bottom of this cooler. Looking for a cooler to strap to top on my GSA pannier without lashing it over the cooler or using a cargo net, etc.

Anyone have pics of the bottom of this? Thx
Old 03-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #180
VFR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 700
They are not quite D-Rings, but buckle-like things to put straps through on the bottoms of the 12 pack & larger coolers. They also have what is closer to a D-Ring up towards the top on one side of the cooler.

No pix but I think they show them on their website.

If it ain't fun, I don't do it!!!

Stuff - I need more Stuff....
VFR is offline   Reply With Quote