User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2003, 09:26 PM   #1
Komet OP
The Voice of Reason

Oddometer: 38,096
Searching for Wolverines in Dixie.

I was feeling a little krusty this afternoon so I decided to take a little ride out in the country...basically, the same route I took the other day but this time I threw the digi in the saddlebag. I also wanted to rev up the new ride 'cause that's what fish said to do. I had promised the kiddies I would bring them home some goodies, so I was kind of limited and did about a quick 100 miles. Leaving my compound, I proceeded through Collierville, TN and crossed the state line into the magnolia state. Down US 72, I was reving to 5k...then...6k...nope not time yet. Got to Slayden, MS and surveyed the area...nice community...rolling hills and a few nice homes.

After exploring Slayden a bit, I motored on down US 72 again and turned north a few miles down the road...now this really looked like the south that I know...

You don't think there's a bevy of cottonmouths in here do ya?

The two lane blacktop was devoid of vehicular traffic save myself and Traveller ...so I figured now was the time...4k, 5k, 6k....she's in the red...she's in the red! Everything was a blur now...warp speed it seemed...one minute I'm in Mississippi and then....

Wow! Hope there's not any krusty wolverines around here! Time to explore...what's this...another Bodie?

Maybe when the carpetbaggers left...the town went south (pun intended!).

I think maybe 'Rider and I will open up a juke joint here...

Well, leaving the...uh...business district...proceeded into the residential area...what's this we find...

What if this house could talk...

I turned around and meandered around a curve and found this...can you imagine your child having a grand time here?

Getting off of the steed for a moment and taking a smoke break...I look ahead...pretty country lane...and I think of my friend Kurt who I have never met...the sign says I need to go left but my heart knows to go straight (wasn't that philisophical...but I have no desire to slam into an old church!)...beautiful scenery here...like a little ghost town.

Well, time to leave Michigan....guess we will have to burn some road to get back!

I guess we made it back to Tennessee alright, 'cause this sure looks familiar....
way down south in the land of cotton!

Well...I told ya it was a krusty report...nothin' special...but I had a good adventure.

Komet screwed with this post 09-25-2003 at 09:36 PM
Komet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 09:32 PM   #2
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,472
I'm disappointed Komet. Three of those photos didn't have your bike in 'em.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 09:50 PM   #3
Law Dawg (ret)
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
Krusty don't live here no more.

But I really enjoyed your ride report, the South is way beautiful. Maybe even better than a Club Med "Adventure" tour in Spain....nah, much better! How are the bugs this time of the year. Seems I remember Coonass' report on the Love Bugs in his part of the woods....nasty critters.

RWLWFWH
Dawg
Old 09-25-2003, 09:54 PM   #4
Komet OP
The Voice of Reason

Re: Krusty don't live here no more.

Quote:
Said Law Dawg:
But I really enjoyed your ride report, the South is way beautiful. Maybe even better than a Club Med "Adventure" tour in Spain....nah, much better! How are the bugs this time of the year. Seems I remember Coonass' report on the Love Bugs in his part of the woods....nasty critters.

RWLWFWH
Dawg
The front of my RT and my helmet screen were covered with little mini-marauders....lots of little bugs out now it seems.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:03 AM   #5
BUBB
lynch not Zimmerman

Oddometer: 20,676
Wow, that was nice. I think I should carry my digital camera w/ me on my trips too now AND take the time to get off the bike to use it.

I thought it was neat how you juxtaposed that high tech moving machine with those seemly timeless fields and old buildings. (I bet I could get points for that comment in the metrosexual survey.)

Did I miss something about "wolverines"? That went right over my head.

I'm going to go get on my bike now.
BUBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 06:13 AM   #6
Komet OP
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Said BUBB:
Wow, that was nice. I think I should carry my digital camera w/ me on my trips too now AND take the time to get off the bike to use it.

I thought it was neat how you juxtaposed that high tech moving machine with those seemly timeless fields and old buildings. (I bet I could get points for that comment in the metrosexual survey.)

Did I miss something about "wolverines"? That went right over my head.

I'm going to go get on my bike now.
Thanks for the compliments...uh...wolverines...as in Michigan Wolverines.:):
Old 09-26-2003, 09:40 AM   #7
PTCBob
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Hey, I'm from Memphis originally and you didn't fool me. Thats kudzoo right next to that Mcihigan City sign.

When I has a kid I used to leave east Memphis on my Kawasaki 175 Bushwacker and head east. When I got as far a Collierville it looked like those places iin Mississippi.

Thanks for the memories.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:29 PM   #8
Komet OP
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Said PTCBob:
Hey, I'm from Memphis originally and you didn't fool me. Thats kudzoo right next to that Mcihigan City sign.

When I has a kid I used to leave east Memphis on my Kawasaki 175 Bushwacker and head east. When I got as far a Collierville it looked like those places iin Mississippi.

Thanks for the memories.
You're welcome PTCBob...you might not recognize Collierville now...I'm in G-town and I almost hate going through Collierville now. Suburban sprawl and traffic thick as fleas...but it's the best direction for me as I sure don't want to go west and mess with the Memphis traffic...I enjoy riding in the country...city? If I have to.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:51 AM   #9
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,133
Traveler? I thought this was Traveler ?

IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 06:00 AM   #10
Rider
Moderator Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,829
Quote:
Said freakingRTrider:
Traveler? I thought this was Traveler ?

You'd know, wouldn't you?
Old 09-28-2003, 02:30 AM   #11
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,133
Quote:
Said BMW Rider:
You'd know, wouldn't you?
as all good southerners should The artist of the Robert E monument in Richmond used a different horse as the model. Traveler wasn't a large horse and he didn't like the looks.

IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 08:12 AM   #12
knary
sunshine and puppies

Oddometer: 29,315
Komet,
Congrats on the new bike!!!

Are you already plotting a BIG long trip? :):

Go Jane Go - Analog Jane and her three chamber heart

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 02:22 PM   #13
frewhl
daily rider

Oddometer: 8,725
love bugs have lessened

or so i hope.i plan to hit the road this week,i am going the opposite direction of the black bugs anyway.

Quote:
Said Law Dawg:

RWLWFWH
Dawg
Then I headed over to where my girlfriend works. Greg, the boss, followed us outside and kept trying to tell me about how he went to Las Vegas one time on a motocycle. I was like, "oh-kay, that's great Greg."

Just back from Prudhoe Bay, IMO it was really worth the trip, AK is a beautiful place & you need lots of time to take it all in. I'm looking forward to returning & exploring some places i didn't have time to ride.RIP Ron Melton
frewhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 02:46 PM   #14
Komet OP
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Said knary:
Komet,
Congrats on the new bike!!!

Are you already plotting a BIG long trip? :):
Hope to next year(if wifey is still in a sweet mood!)...all of my time is exhausted this year...and I'm enjoying the daytrips right now...give me times with the munchkins too.
Old 09-28-2003, 07:26 PM   #15
Coonass
Banned By BMWRider

Oddometer: 3,020
"I told ya it was a krusty report..."

"a krusty report"...I think we have a new name for a quick around the house ride report...you know, the kind most of us make and enjoy reading about!