User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #1
scootertrog OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
Sena SMH-10 and Nokia Lumia Windows phone issues

Rather than putting this into the Sena "catch-all" thread, I thought it would be better to keep it separate, so future owners could find this info easier. The Sena thread should have been broken up into several sub-categories, lol. Perhaps the mod's here could make a Sena "sub-forum"?

My equipment:
Sena SMH-10
Nokia Lumia 520 Windows phone

Wife's equipment:
Sena SMH-10
Apple iPod Touch

Problem:
My Sena picks up my wife's iPod music (she's on another bike). Her iPod is taking precedence over my Nokia. I've cleared pairings, from intercoms, phone and iPod and started fresh. Running the latest firmware on both the Sena's and my Nokia phone. After a lot of jog dial tapping, ect to get my Sena to play my music from the Nokia... as soon as she turns on her music, my Sena switches from my music to the music on her iPod (which we both hear simultaneously).

Any ideas would be appreciated!
scootertrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #2
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,369
Seems very strange if you never do the initial pair to your wife's ipod that it would even pick it up. I don't have any suggestions. I have to say life with the Sena is better once I switched to an Android phone (X-moto) from a Windows phone.

You might get more responses if you posted in the main Sena thread.

Also Sena started a thread in the vendor's forum for support.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #3
scootertrog OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
I was surprised that it would pick up both devices, and more so that her ipod would take precedence over my device, lol.

I absolutely hate the Lumia 520 windows phone, if you are into social media it is better than sliced bread. If you just want a phone to make calls, it sucks Godzilla balls. Unfortunately, it was the only smart phone at the time that I could get that did not require a data plan or contract, and that I could read without glasses. Now that ATT has to let you use an iphone without a data plan or contract, I will be switching.

Thanks for the tip about the vendor section - I copied my post to that location!

scootertrog screwed with this post 05-05-2014 at 10:47 AM
scootertrog is offline   Reply With Quote