Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 09:50 PM   #76
Vbird
In Room 237

Oddometer: 784
Got mine yesterday.Great service!
Any chance of a coolmax or sythetic version for summertime?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:21 AM   #77
Lochlyn_Deckard
Dex Moto(naut)

Oddometer: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbird
... Any chance of a coolmax or sythetic version for summertime?
Excellent question.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:53 AM   #78
NCbub OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbird
Got mine yesterday.Great service!
Any chance of a coolmax or sythetic version for summertime?
We are working on them now. We thought we had it all set but the quality of the shirts didn't work out. The shirts looked good and the price was right but they were way to easy to pick. Once picked the shirt would run like a pair of hose

We should have something in a week or so to share on the sythetic line but know we are working on it.

Also as a side note look for hats coming soon! I always carry a hat in my tank bag to cover up the helmet hair. We will be doing some neat stuff.

Thanks to all who have ordered. Also thanks for the nice words about our ADV shirts and service. By the middle of Sept. there are going to be a few more goodies so keep checking the site.

Thanks again, NCbub
Old 08-27-2007, 06:02 AM   #79
Cigars&Scotch
My eyes are up here

Oddometer: 1,833
So this is what retired life is all about, huh?

Now send me my shirts!!!

"Why don't you buy some flea collars for your ankles so the ants wont climb up you leg and bite your candy ass!!!" Kennyanc 07 H.Springs

38 BMW R71 w/sidecar Kung Fu version
77 BMW R90S Huh ?
90 BMW R100GS/PD "At last!"

NRA Life Member, Trout Unlimited Life Member
Drink till I'm Drunk Life Member
Old 08-27-2007, 01:38 PM   #80
GoGo Gadget
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCbub
Also as a side note look for hats coming soon! I always carry a hat in my tank bag to cover up the helmet hair. We will be doing some neat stuff.
Great. I suggest the hats that do NOT have a formed crown. That way it can get squished and will not look goofy. Know what I mean?
Old 08-27-2007, 02:47 PM   #81
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Oddometer: 10,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot
Are there any plans to field these designs on "Under Armour" type shirt material? I'm not sure if its polyester fabric or some other, but it would be nice to have advrider designs on these types of shirts to wear while riding. (I'm not sure you can screen print on anything but cotton...that's for the experts)
I had the WARP-II shirts printed on polymesh long sleeves, they are available from PortAuthority (one of the common garment catalogs screenshops use) as "Sport-Tek" Dri-Mesh, # K368 (long sleeve) and K468 (short sleeve) in a few colors (white, grey, black, navy). I see they now have a new stretchy version of this material, # T255 "Compression"...

here's some more...
http://www.companycasuals.com/thepri...1&parentId=124

the K368's were about $3 more per shirt than top quality beefy-T long sleeve cotton.

my local screen shop hadn't printed on these before, they melted the first test print under the cooking lamp, so they had to watch the run closely, but they came out great.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:09 PM   #82
White Tenere
Look a moose

Oddometer: 721
Just got my shirts today they are great, thanks...

UP N MTNS
Old 08-27-2007, 07:44 PM   #83
NCbub OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce
I had the WARP-II shirts printed on polymesh long sleeves, they are available from PortAuthority (one of the common garment catalogs screenshops use) as "Sport-Tek" Dri-Mesh, # K368 (long sleeve) and K468 (short sleeve) in a few colors (white, grey, black, navy). I see they now have a new stretchy version of this material, # T255 "Compression"...

here's some more...
http://www.companycasuals.com/thepri...1&parentId=124

the K368's were about $3 more per shirt than top quality beefy-T long sleeve cotton.

my local screen shop hadn't printed on these before, they melted the first test print under the cooking lamp, so they had to watch the run closely, but they came out great.

Thanks for the info. I'll check on those, they look good and the fit seems nice.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:47 PM   #84
NCbub OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Gadget
Great. I suggest the hats that do NOT have a formed crown. That way it can get squished and will not look goofy. Know what I mean?

Thats the type hat I like as well. Put it in a tank bag for a week pull it out and it still looks good. We will have some for folks to look at by next week I hope.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:29 PM   #85
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Oddometer: 10,063
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'll check on those, they look good and the fit seems nice.
a few people didn't like them. I remember a couple guys complaining that when they wore them on hot days, they got serious BO.

I find they keep me nicely cool in dry heat under a touring jacket with open vents as long as I'm moving...

an XL fits me just about the same as the typical XL cotton shirt.

edit: oh yeah. in the art for printing on the mesh, leave plenty of holes in the ink for breathing. use textures or screens over solid areas. big solid painted areas tend to get sticky. dieter did the warp-ii design very sparse for that reason, and I color matched it to the shirt

pierce screwed with this post 08-28-2007 at 12:35 AM
Old 08-28-2007, 06:31 AM   #86
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 46,067
Quote:
I've got one of those, and they're a great shirt for riding.

CA Stu had a pretty good idea for a shirt. Link
Old 08-28-2007, 08:47 AM   #87
Boojum
I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer: 5,934
Hey DeWayne, While your looking into Hats, PLEASE, PLEASE look at the Flex-Fit Caps, or one that is made for large heads. I have a Big Noggin and rarely find a cap that fits well. I have found the XL Flex Fits do OK. Just Asking for us Cranial Challenged people.

Boojum!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:43 PM   #88
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly
I tried to order a couple of shirts today but it wont let me check out... Oh Well!
Same here. I persevered through several screens of that lousy software, including setting up an "account" to assist the data-miners, all to no effect.

Next!
Old 08-29-2007, 05:42 PM   #89
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,267
I thought it unfortunate that I was unable to complete the process satisfactorily enough to purchase a few ADV shirts. But to add insult to injury, I have now recieved a PM that more or less accuses me of being a financial deadbeat and of thread-crapping in relating my experience.

Hey, way to help out your customers! If they can't negotiate your website, don't offer to help out, just insult them! That'll teach them!

Of course, I've already been spammed by the site software that insisted on setting up an "account" to better serve me.

In closing, I would suggest that if this site lends its good name to commercial enterprises such as this, and I wonder in passing just what "Part of the proceeds go right back to Baldy", then they ought to be vetted for quality assurance.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:27 PM   #90
NCbub OP
Beastly Adventurer

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa!
Apologies are in order to Azkiwi. We here at Ink,Inc. have sinned. It seems we have responded to a legitimate post about a problem with an order by insulting our customer. If we would have removed our heads from our asses long enough to look at Azkiwi's order, we would have seen the obvious processing problem. It was in no way, shape, or form due to his financial position or information provided. We apologize for any embarrassment we have caused. In the future we promise to actually look at all the information at hand to solve any issures before we go shooting off our supersized mouths.

Once again, APOLOGIES!