User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
TankTire OP
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Question Help Needed. Davenport Iowa. Matrix Motorsports

I am reaching out here. I am in need of information about Matrix Motorsports in Davenport Iowa. I sent Them my vintage RL250 trials aluminum fuel tank for professional repair. I am in Tucson AZ and the last time they contacted me about receiving my tank was 07-17-2010. I have called and emailed Michael McPeters (owner) many many times since then, and have not heard back. I am trying to find out if the company is still in business? Is the guy sick? Is he Dead? What happened? Most of all, How to I get my tank back? I authorized him to make the repairs per his estimate, but haven't heard from him since. I just want my tank back at this point. I don't care if is repaired or not. Just want it back. Please let me know if anyone in the area knows anything about Matrix Motorsports in Davenport Iowa. Check out his very Legit web site @ http://www.rl250.com/ All his info can be found at the web site. Everything looks good and if you search it through google it comes up on top wich means he has up to date advertisement. Can anyone help? Let me know. I appreciate any info. Thank you.

TANK

TankTire screwed with this post 01-02-2011 at 10:35 AM
TankTire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
river-rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
PM;d you

PM'd you
river-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
Limey 1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
RL Tank

Did you ever hear back from these guys?.. I see that he is or was seemingly operating out of his private residence. His website dates back to 2005 with no recent updates. I called but only received a message from his wife?. Susan to leave a message... with no reply to the call..I'm not sure if the Scott County Iowa property search would find anything..The local newspaper also may be a source of info...Quad City Times.... I plan on being in Davenport shortly and will make a detour to find the address. In the local phone directory I see only Susan McPeters... NO Michael!..so I don't know what is going on...I will try to call again...to see if answers....Limey
Limey 1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
TankTire OP
n00b

Thank you

Never heard back. One nice fellow stopped by there for me and met with mike. Said he seems like a nice guy. Not sure why he wouldn't reply. He told mike to contact me. I still have not heard anything from mike. I called and emaild a couple more times. If you listen to the voice mail through, you can press a button and leave a voice mail for mike. He doesnt call back. I have had people call from other states asking for parts. He does not call them back. It is to bad, after he got done refurbing my tank for $300.00 I was gonna buy a box full of his cool parts he makes. I couldv'e mad this guy some money. Now I cant even get me tank back. I remain hopefull and just pray he may call me some day. We will see. Thanks for your help. If you meet him say hello for me and ask him if he is enjoying my tank. Thanks again for trying. If you ever need help in Tucson AZ let me know. I am good for it. Thank you.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:26 AM   #5
ADVBMR
Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer: 848
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. That really sucks.
IBA #47244
2007 R1200GS; 2006 DL650 V-Strom; 2011 F800R; 2013 CRF250L; 1995 R1100GS (sold); 2006 Ducati Multistrada 620 dark (sold)
ADVBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
MSchu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Hmmm...I'm local. That sucks, if you need someone to go get your tank let me know.
MSchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #7
TankTire OP
n00b

Yes! I still need help!

Let me know if you would like to stop but Matrix motorsports. The guy still will not return my calls. At this time, I would say it is time to offer a reward for the retreval of my vintage RL 250 Suzuki trials tank. Let me know if you would like to help. We have to keep this legal however. I don't want anybody getting in trouble over a gas tank. Its not worth trouble. If we can do it safely (the guy just hands it over if you ask him) then so be it. Is anyone interested? $50.00 reward worth it??? Let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

TANK
Old 02-20-2011, 07:10 AM   #8
rolo tomassi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
When we get a good thaw I'll ride down and get it.(April) Shoot me a PM. Got friends in Davenport who can get it too, before the local swaps fire up and it disappears. That sucks.

Did you get delivery confirmation of any sort?
rolo tomassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #9
TankTire OP
n00b

Yes, I have all the paperwork. I can fax it or email or mail the shipping confirmation. Please let me know if you can help. When you are ready I will send you my phone number and we can get in touch. Thanks again. John K
Old 02-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #10
Truckin_Thumper
low profile

Oddometer: 28,877
I love this place
Old 02-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #11
MikeFromMT
Past Tense

Oddometer: 3,911
I'm going by there next Friday (the 4th) has anybody stepped up yet? Let me know.

Do I look like a man with a plan?
MikeFromMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:05 PM   #12
TankTire OP
n00b

Matrix Motosport

Nobody yet. That would be great. I will PM you.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #13
Whiteknucklerider
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Who knows Matrix M/Cs

Hi TankTire,

Just to let you know you’re not alone!

I too have fallen victim to Mr. McPeter’s ‘modus operandi’ on a slightly different level and feel very bitter about it.

I’ll try to keep it short: It’s a long story..........

I’m in the UK.
During ‘04 I bought a few bits off Matrix and built up nice correspondence with him. Seemed the nicest, kindest of guys.
He had a peach RL250 fully restored that I fell for and decided to buy. We sorted out the final spec and I wired the money for it ......yes a juicy $3000.
All seemed fine up until he claimed it was being crated and ready to send...then nothing.
I sent endless emails, tried phoning but to no avail.
I was going to get a PI to chase him, but I felt I’d be throwing good money after bad.
Eventually I resigned myself to the fact I’d been royally shafted.

And it gets better!

In 2010 someone in the Beamish club here spotted McPeters trading a fully restored RL250 on Ebay so I put in an unbeatable bid to force some response.
I won and I received a mail from him all bon homie asking how the RL250 collecting was going. Yes, I was quite shocked.
I politely said I wanted the bike he owed me and asked what had happened to him etc.
He gave some story about his son caretaking the business in ‘05 while he went to help with Hurricane Katrina and he must have missed it.
He agreed to sort out an equivalent bike for me and we established friendly correspondence with me genuinely thinking that I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. All seemed fine until guess what? It was almost ‘ready to crate’..............

Never heard a word since.

I feel so bitter about it.
I wake up at night and it riles me so much I can’t sleep.
I feel absolutely shafted.

This McPeters obviously knows he can do what the hell he likes with no accountability.

If anyone can help me contact this individual I’d be grateful.

How can he live with himself?

Sorry – just typing this is starting to make my blood boil.

Anyway......Good luck with the tank. If there’s anything at all I can help you with let me know as seeing some kind of karma would delight me.

Cheers.
Whiteknucklerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #14
rallyhound
Macho stud guy

Oddometer: 868
Checked google earth.
He has a nice house on the cul de sac with a newer black chevy truck and a catamaran in the driveway.

You dont have to wish me luck for me to know that I need it.
rallyhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #15
TankTire OP
n00b

WOW!!! sounds like this guy is a joke. It is what it is. I will pay somebody locally to make a nice aluminum tank. Sounds like I got off easy. It is what it is.