User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2007, 09:40 PM   #1
bobzilla OP
Dirty Old Man

Oddometer: 875
Didnt quit my job... saved my own money and tried to join the circus! a CD rpt

Let me start by saying I earned the money for my trip the old fanishioned way..........
Im a man whore

John and I met up at the junction of 95 and I 80 at Trinity

We were headed out for my first real long adventure on a road going bike. We are both busted up desert racers and decided we would try a trip that was less "race" and more sight see

If you ride with John youll soon find out that John dont like to waste time or daylight

We have been up 95 into Idaho many times so we didnt stop for pics till the next morning when we found John's creek

Along the way up Lolo pass there was a river that looked inviting ... I think it was about 200f that day

Two sweating fat guys stop in the shade

Top of Lolo pass and we met a guy that would provide us with some info about a local watering hole. Now Nevada guys like the out of the way water holes and this one is worth finding. Can you guess what kind of bar this is?????? no it aint a cowboy bar......... it would prove to be one of the best finds of the trip and we will be back for a larger bar bill

Could have spent the rest of the afternoon and evening here ... John stayed on the leash

We got to get where we're goin. Cause we plan to meet some guys and gals day after tomorrow.... Some of what Mrs Zilla calls my imaginary friends from the interthingy. Funny thing is were stopped in Flathead lake drinkin a pop and chattin with a bunch of hardly types when we see a Klr, couple a Zooks and a Ktm go by. Funny that looks like the bikes the folks we're meetin said they would bring but they arent susposed to be here till day after tomorrow. Suit up Johnny , we gotts to catch them.
Thank god they took a wrong turn 100 miles later

Finally got to meet "The Circus" The group in Erueka Mt

later guys and gurlies
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750

bobzilla screwed with this post 08-18-2007 at 04:09 PM Reason: title
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:05 AM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,557
You're on the path to a great adventure.. thanks for the intro

Old 08-18-2007, 09:13 AM   #3
Oly
Deadlines whooshing by

Oddometer: 8,099
Have fun with your imaginary friends from the interthingy.

We will need more pics and more good narrative before too long.

Oly screwed with this post 08-18-2007 at 02:31 PM
Oly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:15 AM   #4
WoodsChick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,598
Bobzilla wrote: "We were headed out for my first real long adventure on a road going bike. We are both busted up desert racers and decided we would try a trip that was less "race" and more sight see

If you ride with John youll soon find out that John dont like to waste time or daylight"

LOL! I've seen you two in action on your regular dirtbikes and you didn't look like no "busted up" racers when you were going 92mph down those washes! John doesn't waste time messin' around with the lower gears, that's for sure; Let me tell ya, that guy ain't afraid to whack it open.

Great report and photos. Keep `em comin'!

WoodsChick

Old 08-18-2007, 01:24 PM   #5
bobzilla OP
Dirty Old Man

Go easy on me folks, I know im a noob, caint spell, dont right so good and pics are border line but Im learnin

I have to back up here a minute and get to the start. Some of you may remember a thread last year called “Traveling with the Circus” . Well I wanted to join the circus then but my shit kept spilling outta the bag. So… sometime in December I saw a comment about a trip on the CD. PLEASE let me in.. Turns out to be a couple of last years circus members and they let me hook on their coat tails. After months of e mails and phone calls we're off.

Me and John were sittin in the shade at Flathead lake drinkin a pop chattin with some hardley types when we hear some thumpers going by. Two zooks, a Klr and a Ktm. Funny thats the kind of bikes the guys we're meetin are ridding but not susposed to be here till day after tomorrow. Get yer shit on Johnny we gotta catch them guys................ Thank god they made a wrong turn............ 100 miles later

They musta thought I was some ass hole when I ride up flag them down and ask.........
Whats your name? Yep them was the ones we were susposed to meet ! The're just a couple of days early but they didnt tell us. ( I think they are planning to dich us) Little did I know!

Cocktails at the hotel in Eureka Mt and I find this is a laid back great group of guys and a savy gal , Rod and Andy from the UK, Rick, Fast Duece, Gaprunner, Workerant, and Ken from Tenn. And Keith and Robert from Tulsa. This is gonna be great, all look prepared and no rat bikes. Breakfast was great ( Thanks Keith) and off to the border we go.

Now I have only “known” this group for about 6 hours in person and when we get to the border we are already split up after a long ride of ……………………4 miles.

Dust is going to make this big group spread out for miles. Oh well

Me

John

The rest of the crew. I think thats all of them but Andy left his bike down the road

We was gettin plenty of attention from the Merican side through binocks but we did our thing anyway.

We have a loose riders type of thingy and decide we will split up into groups as we see fit and hook up later down the road. COOL!

Rick UK and Tulsa boys make a different turn before we even start but that’s cool right? The rest hit the trail and spread out pretty quick. Like I said before John don’t let grass grow under him so I think we be first but……………………………………………..
Bob don’t really know how to do the GPS thing and John don’t navigate ( that’s how he is so fast, he just keys off you and pushes you to the limit) So Mr Zilla makes plenty of wrong turns until he figures out the proper track color and scale on the GPS to use. I am sure Fast Duece et al are pissed by now at us getting lost and then passing them in a cloud of dust only to get lost again. Man we look like Rookies!!!!!!!!!!!

Meagan says" hey if your gonna pass do it and get outta here NO MORE DUST" Just kiddin she is much too nice to say that............... YET

Notice we are at the back again

About 4 hours in and we stop for gas and decide to have a cold drink. Now its about 300 degrees out and this fat man is sweatin like a whore in church. The rest sits in the parking lot to eat and relax, me and John think its cooler to move so we decide to head out.

I ask “ Where are we going to meet up ?” “ Don’t worry, well see each other on the trail later.” Is the reply. “ What about the others “ “ Oh we have traveled with Rick long enough to know we’ll play it by ear. It’ll all work out”. Like I said earlier Laid back group.

Last we saw of any of them. That’s why I said Tried to join the Circus

More to follow
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
Old 08-18-2007, 01:39 PM   #6
m0x
the VooDoo Child

Oddometer: 257
hi loved that tavern looking den, nice ride report man

m0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:47 PM   #7
ORexpat
Oregon Expatriate

Oddometer: 2,698
Logger Bar

Name:  184740519-M.jpg
Views: 2993
Size:  124.3 KB

That old Homelite on the rafter is just like the one I first learned to cut logs with a whole lot of time ago.

My dad was a faller before he slowed down enough to have to work in the sawmill. I learned to start that old beast and buck the occasional log for firewood. Later put myself through college working in the woods--set chokers, chased rigging, and in eastern Oregon learned enough to be a faller--whole lot newer and lighter saw than that beast.

Notice the cork boots, too. (Spelled "caulk" but always pronounced "cork").

Logging is truly hard, hard work, with a tremendous amount of skill involved. I spent enough time running from tree to tree in cork boots and a hard hat, carrying a chain saw, that I ran off and joined the Navy after college!!!

Even after Navy retirement, I still have one of the old saws, and when the church needs a big tree felled, guess who gets the nickel? One of these days I might hurt myself!!

Just where is that place? Haveta get there myself someday!

ORexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:36 PM   #8
Habenero
Is it summer yet?

Oddometer: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla
Go easy on me folks, I know im a noob, caint spell, dont right so good and pics are border line but Im learnin

I have to back up here a minute and get to the start. Some of you may remember a thread last year called “Traveling with the Circus” . Well I wanted to join the circus then but my shit kept spilling outta the bag. So… sometime in December I saw a comment about a trip on the CD. PLEASE let me in.. Turns out to be a couple of last years circus members and they let me hook on their coat tails. After months of e mails and phone calls we're off.

Me and John were sittin in the shade at Flathead lake drinkin a pop chattin with some hardley types when we hear some thumpers going by. Two zooks, a Klr and a Ktm. Funny thats the kind of bikes the guys we're meetin are ridding but not susposed to be here till day after tomorrow. Get yer shit on Johnny we gotta catch them guys................ Thank god they made a wrong turn............ 100 miles later

They musta thought I was some ass hole when I ride up flag them down and ask.........
Whats your name? Yep them was the ones we were susposed to meet ! The're just a couple of days early but they didnt tell us. ( I think they are planning to dich us) Little did I know!

Cocktails at the hotel in Eureka Mt and I find this is a laid back great group of guys and a savy gal , Rod and Andy from the UK, Rick, Fast Duece, Gaprunner, Workerant, and Ken from Tenn. And Keith and Robert from Tulsa. This is gonna be great, all look prepared and no rat bikes. Breakfast was great ( Thanks Keith) and off to the border we go.

Now I have only “known” this group for about 6 hours in person and when we get to the border we are already split up after a long ride of ……………………4 miles.

Dust is going to make this big group spread out for miles. Oh well

Me

John

The rest of the crew. I think thats all of them but Andy left his bike down the road

We was gettin plenty of attention from the Merican side through binocks but we did our thing anyway.

We have a loose riders type of thingy and decide we will split up into groups as we see fit and hook up later down the road. COOL!

Rick UK and Tulsa boys make a different turn before we even start but that’s cool right? The rest hit the trail and spread out pretty quick. Like I said before John don’t let grass grow under him so I think we be first but……………………………………………..
Bob don’t really know how to do the GPS thing and John don’t navigate ( that’s how he is so fast, he just keys off you and pushes you to the limit) So Mr Zilla makes plenty of wrong turns until he figures out the proper track color and scale on the GPS to use. I am sure Fast Duece et al are pissed by now at us getting lost and then passing them in a cloud of dust only to get lost again. Man we look like Rookies!!!!!!!!!!!

Meagan says" hey if your gonna pass do it and get outta here NO MORE DUST" Just kiddin she is much too nice to say that............... YET

Notice we are at the back again

About 4 hours in and we stop for gas and decide to have a cold drink. Now its about 300 degrees out and this fat man is sweatin like a whore in church. The rest sits in the parking lot to eat and relax, me and John think its cooler to move so we decide to head out.

I ask “ Where are we going to meet up ?” “ Don’t worry, well see each other on the trail later.” Is the reply. “ What about the others “ “ Oh we have traveled with Rick long enough to know we’ll play it by ear. It’ll all work out”. Like I said earlier Laid back group.

Last we saw of any of them. That’s why I said Tried to join the Circus

More to follow
Tried to join the circus my eye........ You guys blasted right past us....
Habenero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:40 PM   #9
bobzilla OP
Dirty Old Man

The bar is The Jack. No not what ACDC was talking about but The Jack as in Lumber Jack. 16 miles east of the Montana Border on 12 down a dirt road..... The only way to find it is the mail box at the hi way says The Jack..... Worth looking for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
Old 08-18-2007, 09:43 PM   #10
bobzilla OP
Dirty Old Man

Hey woodschick

You and the other half up for a Fall camp and ride????
See ya got a vacation in the E Sierra. Mamoth??? too much pumice for me.. Last time I rode there I had breathing problems for a month
stay in touch
Bob
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
Old 08-18-2007, 09:56 PM   #11
bobzilla OP
Dirty Old Man

We ride away having no clue we will be on our own. Some real cool sights and we finally get to some two track stuff that we think is GREAT. Gotta say that the Maintenance crews that build the water bars are experts. Perfect rolling dips made to jump. Well if we were not ridding 5oo lbs pigs. We were feeling pretty good and John and I were side by side and getting small air on some of these bars ……………. Launch off one land on the face of the next right before a turn and start to loose the front and I am going to fall into Johns line taking him also…………. SCORE………. Saved that one and that was the LAST time on the trip that I forgot I was on a pig and not my Husaberg.

Some shots from the afternoon. The desert guys are wondering what the hell all that green shit is on the hills

Also what is that blue crap in the bottom of the sand washes

Man this lake reminds me of a peaceful Bob Ross painting…….. just spectactular

We get to an area that has had just a bit of rain and WAAHHOO no dust

We got into some deep forest and start climbing ….. and then is starts to sprinkle

I think I am in dirt bike heaven!
We ride what seems like forever up up up and then down down down and start to see a lake below us then we get to ………. The locked gate………. No biggie but we did just pass a conservation officer so being the good guys we are we turned back and took the hiway into Seeley lake for dinner and a bed at the local hotel..
We park our bikes in plain view figuring the others will see us……………………

Wrong Bucko
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
Old 08-18-2007, 11:16 PM   #12
Loud Al

Oddometer: 3,894
Quote:
We park our bikes in plain view figuring the others will see us……………………

Wrong Bucko

You can't leave us hanging

MORE MORE MORE

Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:26 AM   #13
WoodsChick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,598
Quote:
Hey woodschick

You and the other half up for a Fall camp and ride????
See ya got a vacation in the E Sierra. Mamoth??? too much pumice for me.. Last time I rode there I had breathing problems for a month
stay in touch
Bob
The Sierra range rocks! We started in the Sierra NF for a bitchin' D/S ride with Cevquit, then the Dusy Ershim 4WD trail (32 miles of heaven and hell) and others, then dropped down to Kennedy Meadows for a few days of single track, over to the east side to check out the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest, D/S'ing the hills east of Bishop, too, up to Long Valley Caldera to check out some 4wd stuff and swim in the Hot Creek, Laurel Lakes and Mono Lake, then over Sonora Pass. Totally rockin' vacation. It was kinda the Hot Springs Tour, too

We'll be up for a Fall ride (aren't all my rides "fall" rides?) if Eric can get the time off. Wouldn't count on it, though...

How you likin' your street ride?

WoodsChick

Old 08-19-2007, 10:20 AM   #14
Motor31
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,943
Good stuff, keep it comin!!!

WTF IS that green stuff on the mountains???? Don't they know storing water out in the open like that only leads to evaporation?!?!?!

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown
Motor31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:31 PM   #15
GapRunr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Let me start by saying I earned the money for my trip the old fanishioned way..........
Im a man whore

You earned your travel expenses being a man whore?

Wow, I guess you camped alot!