Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
BMU WEDNESDAY RIDES 14th April 2010

BMU WEDNESDAY RIDES
All welcome to join in
Meet :- Blaxland McDonalds, GWH, BLAXLAND, NSW, 2774
for a 9.00am Start
Ride Leader/Photo’s :- Franz (BMBEN) 0427 830 712
Ride Reports/Videos :- Eric (I will film it)

14th April 2010

Halfway House

Putty Rd, New South Wales, Australia.

32°54’27.8”S-150°44’54.8”E

The weather conditions for to-day were 22 Celsius in the city to 24 Celsius and the west with no showers forecast. I arrived at McDonalds' at 8.30am and there were quite a few riders there when I arrived, after speaking to Franz, the ride would be to the halfway house at putty. We know it has been burned out. There is a little rest area just before you get to it and it was discussed that we might stop there for lunch, we would stop at Colo Heights for morning tea at the service station and on our way home for afternoon tea.

We left at 9:00am. Franz lead the ride and we had 11 riders to start with Les Welch, myself, Rod Brigham, Malcolm Kerry, Richard Mason, Guy Dernee, Len Price, Alan Sanderson, John McCrae, Paul Sullivan, and Noel Harris would be tail end Charlie, we headed up the great western highway and turned off at Springwood to go down along the Hawkesbury Road around through North Richmond and then around the back roads, riding past quite a number of turf farms. I think Franz must have been looking for some new grass to put on his front lawn. You do not realize that there are so many turf farms in that area.

We joined the Putty Road at Wilberforce and continued on to North Colo where we stopped for morning tea. The weather conditions were fantastic we had nice clear skies and it was just fantastic weather conditions to ride in, they were probably about the best we've had for a long while.

We arrived at the burned out halfway house and pulled into the little park at the northern end where we had lunch, as when we rode past the rest area just before halfway house there was rubbish everywhere so we decided not to stop there.

We had our lunch and then we continued back down to north Colo where we would stop for afternoon tea. I filled with fuel and some of the other riders did as well. Had afternoon tea and we said our goodbyes and went back over the Colo River and along Blaxland Ridge Road down through Kurrajong, North Richmond and then around the back of the market gardens.

I left them at Agnes Banks and continued on along Castleraigh Road. I followed Alan Sanderson and Rod Brigham was in front of him. When I got home I looked at my odometer and I had done 320 km for the day's ride everyone seemed to have a good time and I look forward to next week

I have heard from Ross Pearson, he is at Exmouth till Monday and then he will be going to Corel Bay where he will spend five days and tomorrow he informs me that he is diving or snorkelling with the whale sharks. What a fantastic experience that will be for him.

Regards Eric Baldwin.